PDA

View Full Version : Good internet dealer of Huebler cues?

Leviathan
09-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Anybody know a reliable internet dealer who handles Huebler products? I've decided to treat myself to an AS-H1 (sneaky pete) with a spare shaft. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AS

Rod
09-04-2004, 02:33 PM
That is a well made cue, I use to sell a lot of them. I bought direct from Huebler. Here is one source I've heard good reports on over the years. huebler cue (http://members.tripod.com/~BilliardWarehouse/huebler.html) Others will reply I'm sure.
Keep in mind it may have to be made special because of the extra shaft.

Rod

Sid_Vicious
09-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I don't have any dealers, in fact I'm surprised to see that Heubler even has sellers besides themselves. You are aware that that SP has a 14mm tip and a bigger butt to grip, right? I have one, and like it and yet I'd wonder if I would replace it with another if it walked away. I use mine primarily for bar cue balls, but there's nothing really wrong with it for a play cue, it's just different from all of my other cues. The AS-H1 was my first cue(non screw-in tip model that is)..sid

Rod
09-04-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are aware that that SP has a 14mm tip and a bigger butt to grip, right? <hr /></blockquote>
Sid,
The ones I sold were all 13mm, stock. Maybe they made them bigger as production cues many years ago, I don't know, but I have yet to see a 14mm Huebler. They do have a larger butt, the same as a house cue or very close. I special ordered one to use as a break cue with 13 1/4mm shaft. Turns out it was to light and the weight screw was glued in. Rather than fool around with heating it, I ended up selling the cue.

Rod

Leviathan
09-05-2004, 05:28 AM
Thanks, Sid and Rod. No, Sid, I had no idea that a 14 mm shaft is standard with this cue! I've hit with two of them and both had 13 mm shafts, but at least one of these cues went through Huebler's custom shop.

AS

tateuts
09-05-2004, 12:17 PM
A used one just poppped up on E-Bay for $115 "Buy it Now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=21212&amp;item=7100339 843&amp;rd=1

tateuts
09-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm a Huebler fan. I liked their older spliced cues and Paul's customs. The shafts on the customs are truly hand selected and provide by far the best hit. I have six old Hueblers including a custom shop Ivory Chess cue from 1984 and an custom Ivory Twist cue from 1995. I have a number of their early cues too.

Once I called them to see if they would let me sell some of their inventory on E-Bay. They declined - they had a policy where you couldn't advertise less than a small percentage off retail.

I bought a couple of their newer production cues. I was disappointed with the quality and sold them.

Chris