PDA

View Full Version : Good luck CC

pooljunkie73
09-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I just wanted to wish Chris good luck in the upcoming Open. I hope everyone who is going has a safe and uneventfull trip to Virginia.

Kent Mc.

PS.....We want lots and lots of pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
09-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Just have fun :-D

JB

dg-in-centralpa
09-04-2004, 07:53 PM
My sentiments exactly. We also want lots of stories. Good luck my friend.

DG

BoBB
09-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Good luck Chris!!!!

trailboss
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Yep, have a great time and shoot straight! I cannot wait for all the stories either. If you get time please check on the custom cuesmiths, I was informed there will be a few of the good ones there. Have a great time, and most of all - best of luck!

haywood
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Best of luck to ya Cassman! Walk in with your head high and enjoy the moment to the fullest! And, if you do draw Efren in the first round, grab a signature for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
09-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey C.C....will see you in a couple of days....Hit em straight and stay loose....................mike

Chris Cass
09-05-2004, 03:58 AM
Well,

It's 5am here and I'm almost finished packing. I appreciate all the kudos and I'll do my best to do something. If anything, I'll at least have a great time with all these surpize things going on. LOL

I'm a bit low and need a med I use but I think I'll be able to get it Tues. That will be a trip no doubt but I'll be ok. I'll remain loose as I can and just about experienced all the pitfalls of not knowing who put me in the box, and the pressure of so many looking to see me do good. Also, hoping my game is there. Consistancy is very important in every play and I think I'll be ok. I've finished all my drills last mth and played the game getting used to the 9 ft once again.

I still make errors but everything is coming togather. These drills are a great tool and even though I tell everyone there's a lull afterwards till everything settles in your srtoke and mind. It's still hard to fade. Finally, it looks good.

I've backed off mentally for a week and didn't put much thought into the game. Mainly just hitten the balls around. I have blocked out everyone generating negatives in my direction. As you know if you hang around the hall a few days. Bummer for me it's like 7 days a week. lol

Still, I feel positive. I feel happy and am ready to do battle. My biggest relief came from the shirts I had made for the event. They look really good. imho I have 4 polos and with two logos on them. One being Billiards Workbook and of course my very best line of Boti wear. lol He has a small spot on the shirts but a big one in my heart.

I wanted to put the CCB logo on one sleeve but couldn't come up with all the money for everything I wanted, with all the things going on in my life. Hope everyone sees a pic of what I created and gives me their opinions. I like having other hobbies besides inventions. LOL

Feel pretty good this am and looking forward to making new friends and meeting the previous ones again. Have a lot of one pocket games to play with many from the board. Sounds like it will be tough to get them all togather. lol I appreciate you guys for the thoughts and want to thank you all.

Take care and God willing I won't make myself look like a total chump. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

woody_968
09-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Be safe and Play well CC, I only wish I could be there in person.

SPetty
09-05-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'll remain loose as I can and just about experienced all the pitfalls of not knowing who put me in the box, and the pressure of so many looking to see me do good. <hr /></blockquote>Chris, Chris, Chris... Have you not been listening? There's no pressure to see you do good - the pressure of so many is to see you have fun and enjoy yourself!

See you in a few days!

9 Ball Girl
09-05-2004, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> PS.....We want lots and lots of pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Will do!

9 Ball Girl
09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Good luck Chris! You definitely won't be alone if you need help or anything else. See you tomorrow!

Rod
09-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Luck Chris, just play the game.

Rod

Fasteddy7
09-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Good luck chris, We havent met personally but I will be out to the quad cities to play ya when you get back.....Fast
Have fun and may you get all da roles

tateuts
09-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Good rolls, Chris. I will be following your name up the leaderboard.

I hope you remember us little people who knew you before you were the U.S. Open Champion!

Chris, the un-Cass

stickman
09-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Good luck my friend. Stay loose and have fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
09-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Well,

I finally got to hit some on the tables a few hrs. So many players that are strong this isn't funny. lol It took me about 30 min to get used to the table and it's rails.

I was wound up from the flight and went straight to the table. Not even a rack yet but I finally calmed down and starter to stroke the balls. This is a piece of cake. Ya right. lol

Ran into Keith, Tom, spliting the room with Ras314 and met Jen (Kieths girl) Bobby Pickle is here somewhere. Seen Larry Nevel, haven't talked to him yet. Seen a Mike Segal look a like. lol Met a wonderful surprize. It's Harold. All the way from PR and Tony is somewhere.

Most of the big guns have bye' and matches start at 11 am tomorrow. My luck mine starts at 9 pm tomorrow(Mon). Just as well, I'm going to play some one pocket with Tom. Maybe, find some more games. I'm here on a shoe string and my wonderful wife gave me a phone with $46. worth onf minutes that doesn't work. Typical day in the life of the Cassman road dawg.

Took a pic with Kieth and one with Jen. Nice people. Well, hungry, frustrated and going to hit some balls till I'm ready to pass out.

Talk later,

C.C.~~met Dr. D. cool logo pin but my shirts are already embroidered. Of course, Szamboti is on the sleeve. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
09-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Oops,

How could I forget, Sally from IP and RJ and Ben husband of the lady who works for Sally. Damm, forgot already.

Regards,

C.C.

Karatemom
09-05-2004, 09:43 PM
The phone is not my fault. They reassigned that number to someone else and I didn't know. You just call cust svc and it'll get straightened out or I'll be going to get a refund on those minutes quicker than you can say "rack em". LOL

Love you, miss you, and lots of luck tomorrow. Remember why you're there and don't lose your focus. We'll be here when you get back.

Love,

mama

Steve Lipsky
09-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Damn, I was out all weekend and now you probably won't be able to read this, Chris.

If by some chance you do, you know I'm pulling for you to win this thing, man. Play your heart out, and have fun. It's the best tournament in the world. Wish I could be there for you, killer. I will be following the brackets closely.

Kick some butt, Chris.

- Steve

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Steve, I'll give Chris the message right now since I'm going to haul a$$ back to the center.

I'm going to go watch Chris' and Mcreesh and McCready on the tv table. It'll be the first ESPN match!

Steve Lipsky
09-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks Wendy! Hope you're all having a great time out there!

- Steve

#### leonard
09-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Chris sorry I missed your send-off, I was out partying for the weekend.

The one secret I used when playing was short breaths in thru the nose and short exhales till I regulated my breathing. I never failed to perform when using this method.

The best to you ####