PDA

View Full Version : Thailand offers chickens for arms

highsea
09-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Beaking news....

[ QUOTE ]
Thailand and Russia are reportedly considering a deal in which Bangkok buys Russian weapons in return for large quantities of Thai chicken.

A Thai team is due to leave for Russia this weekend to discuss the proposal.

Earlier this week, Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said he had ordered his ambassador in Moscow to offer chicken for weapons, and said he would consult military chiefs on what arms they wanted.

He did not mention whether warplanes were likely to be on the list, but the official told Reuters that Bangkok was interested in Russia's Sukhoi Su-30 fighter planes.<hr /></blockquote>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3624016.stm

That Thai Chicken is pretty good stuff, but if I was Putin, I'd make them throw in some rice and extra hot sauce.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-CM

wolfdancer
09-05-2004, 11:50 PM
In the Bay Area, good Thai chicken costs an arm and a leg, the Russkis are getting a deal

highsea
09-06-2004, 03:43 AM
No way Russia will ever trade SU-30's for chickens. Who's going to pay for the Sukhois?

SU-30 is a front-line, 4th Generation Fighter. Truth be told, It will eat an F-15 for lunch. Chickens??? Bahahaha. Ridiculous. Russia needs dollars, not chickens. Especially not chickens with bird flu.

This story is so far away from reality, I just had to post it. Gotta love the BBC.

-CM