PDA

View Full Version : US Open charts

Jimmy B
09-06-2004, 02:04 AM
I should know these answers but donít, is this event seated/seeded??? I can't believe it's just [censored] luck that the only top player that has to play someone in the first round is Troy Frank. Please someone tell me how they do this draw, and if it's a blind draw please don't embarrass yourself by posting that.

JB

haywood
09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
I saw a few other players that weren't so lucky in the draw. Keith McCready is playing Ryan McCreesh in the first round. One other name I would consider a top player playing in the first round is Larry Nevel.

I'm not sure how they did the draw, but on the bracket 1, section D, that section is loaded to the hill with top players. Archer, Kennedy, Parica, Jose Garcia, McCready just to name a few. Seems to me to be a little heavy with top players when compared to some of the other brackets. Just my $.02 worth /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-06-2004, 07:29 AM
All the people I'm basically interested in are in the top tier of the second bracket.

"Trenton Marty" Ciccia and Chris Cass are on a collision course, and just further down is Bob Maidhof.

Allen Hopkins is in the second tier with Earl Strickland.

Talk about a draw!

Barbara

Troy
09-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Looks like the top 32 players have been seeded.

By the way, our own CC drew a guy named Nathan Thuyrs in the first round.

Troy

RailbirdJAM
09-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Last year, the UPA ranking system was used for the seeding process.

This year, it was decided by the tournament staff not to use the UPA ranking system, after a small discussion by a disgruntled pool player. I'm not sure how the Germans got seeded to get byes and arrive Tuesday for their first match, but it was suggested by a disgrunted pool player that they use the Seniors rankings for the remaining 8 slots; thus, that is how it ended up.

I also believe they seed the previous U.S. Open title holders in the mix, but not sure how it is woven in with the 8 seniors rankings and Germans.

RailbirdJAM

PQQLK9
09-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Troy, will you or someone post a link to the brackets. I went to AZ but all I get are empty brackets. Maybe I am doing something wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks,

Rod
09-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Nick,

I was just there and it loaded fine for me.

Karatemom
09-06-2004, 11:24 AM
http://azbilliards.com/usopen2004/brackets.cfm

This should work, if not, go to azbilliards.com, and the brackets will have a link there.

HTH,

Heide

Tom_In_Cincy
09-06-2004, 11:28 AM
"Squeeky Wheel" got "oiled".

Too bad the Top 4 finishers from last year's Open weren't considered. Keith would have gotten a well deserved first round 'bye'.

Been a very busy 2nd day. I got here last nite and went to the player's meeting. Left when they closed the BAR.

I talked to Sally, JR, Keith, Jenny, Chris Cass, Ras314 and a few other good friends.

Today has been just as good. I got to meet Wendy's surprize....

PQQLK9
09-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks everybody. Sometimes my cordless mouse will not respond to left clicks and I have to right click and select "open link".
I think it's new battery time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy B
09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> "Squeeky Wheel" got "oiled".

Too bad the Top 4 finishers from last year's Open weren't considered. Keith would have gotten a well deserved first round 'bye'.

.. <hr /></blockquote>

No doubt too me KM got the raw end of that deal, Ryan plays real good and has played KM enough times in local events to know exactly how to play him. Also take in too account that they are starting on the TV table. The heat from the lights makes it less humid and causes some funny bounces off rails and such. I think this should be a fine match and can't wait to watch it on the BCN stream. I think one thing KM has going for him is it's at night, but still considering all things he got a bad role. Thanks for clearing up the draw.

JB