PDA

View Full Version : does it bother anyone else.

05-13-2002, 02:26 PM
does it bother anybody else that 99% of pool players are out of shape, out of work slobs. Lets see you walk into a pool hall and all that is around you are fat, ugly, smoking people. everyone here complains that pool cant get no sponsorship. the biggest reason is because pool players are like the ugly girl that nobody wants to give any loving to. if you saw how most of you look you would agree. pool is the ugly girl, nobody will even take charity on her. the solution is simple. find a job, find the patch or nicorette, and find the inside of the gym. lose some weight and have a shower once a week. once you do that you might get some loving.

Krusty

Jay M
05-13-2002, 02:30 PM
awww man, I have to take a shower too?? well, darnit...

btw, what you see in a pool hall has absolutely nothing to do with the tournament world. Most of the people at the highest levels have the discipline to do whatever they want with their lives. Don't stereotype pro players based on what you see at a pool hall.

Jay M

05-13-2002, 02:41 PM
top tourney players are an exception, what are you smoking. efren doesn't shower while a tourney is going on. the miz and buddy are fat and out of shape. hatch didn't have a job so he had to rob people. most of them smoke and strickland is just plain ugly.

Krusty

stickman
05-13-2002, 02:43 PM
99% is somewhat exagerated, at least in my neighborhood. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Ralph S.
05-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Krusty, are you jealous? I would love to have the skills of the players that you just mentioned, regaurdless of their physical appearance. If looks alone is what you judge someone by, then I feel sorry for you. I think personal hygiene is important, but as far as the way one looks or how much they weigh is a non factor when it comes to the game. Sounds to me like you need to get a life and let others live their own.
Ralph S.

05-13-2002, 05:03 PM
why would I be jealous of people who for the most part only make 50k a year. as for looks, looks matter in every part of life. 20 year old blonde with large funbags applies for a job, 40 year old fat ugly lady also applies for same job, who gets it. in a perfect world perhaps the old cow receives the paycheque but this is the real world, not some fantasy land that you all live in. who does sony go and see with their sponsor money, young healthy good looking <insert any other sport here> or out of shape pool players who show their butt crack when they bend over the table. sex sells, unfortunately the average pool player hasn't had sex since 1976.

Krusty

05-13-2002, 06:52 PM
Krusty, there are plenty of exceptions to what you're saying, but I know what you mean. However, what's even worse IMO is have you seen how much all the other "normal" customers absolutely stink it up at pool? Almost all our customers are recreational players. It amazes me how they can enjoy playing when they have so little skill and success at it - very rarely make more than 2-3 balls in a row.

If you relate our pool players in here to golfers, at least 8 out of 10 can't break 100, one shoots in the 90s and the best one out of every 10 might shoot in the 80s - runs a 9-ball rack on very rare occasion.

Why is it that generally golfers are more apt to get hooked on their game, and then usually have a strong desire to improve - whatever that may take including taking instruction. By contrast though, most pool players would qualify as recreational and play strictly for fun and entertainment. They have no desire and/or clue how they could go about improving their games. They think simply by puting in table time they will keep improving. Not usually the case if they exhibit poor fundamentals - which most of them do.

Most of our customers in here are far more interested in eating than striving for pool excellence. Sorry to get off topic, but I needed to get this off my chest! Krusty, you should just be thankful you have some "players" in your room, regardless of what they may look like! By the same token, I guess I should just be happy we have recreational players and eaters in our room - spending money and keeping me in business. - Chris in NC

05-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Well, as someone who had a couple of hours of sex last night, I'm not sure I qualify to get into this argument but....
God, I'm so sorry for you Krusty! It sounds like you live in the middle of pool hall hell. Maybe you should move to the NY Metro area where we have pretty, employed, and often wealthy people populating our pool halls. I personally have seven different guys who come to my room at least once a week for no reason other than to play me, and I don't even gamble!!

05-13-2002, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well, as someone who had a couple of hours of sex last night, I personally have seven different guys who come to my room at least once a week for no reason other than to play <hr></blockquote>

busy girl. very busy girl.

dan

05-13-2002, 07:43 PM
You and Ken belong together Dan! LMAO

05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> You and Ken belong together Dan! LMAO <hr></blockquote>

and really fast too. but then i guess....

dan

05-13-2002, 07:58 PM
By the way Krusty, I am SO with you on the Strickland thing. And mean too!

Rod
05-13-2002, 11:47 PM
You must be really bored to keep up with pool players sex life since 1976.
Apparently not many people meet your high standards. Lets see, a person needs to be in good or better physical condition, and I'll assume that's not just pool players, since you refer to the fat ugly lady. So looks count real high up there with you also. Anyone that only makes 50k a year is out of your program. In your first post you were lenient with only one shower a week!! How could you possibly let your standards drop that far? BTW I suppose one of those over weight persons has never helped you once, not ever? Tisk, Tisk, I hope you find your perfect world.

I need at least one shower a day, two if afternoon sex, and I pay someone to excercise for me./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Someone hasn't been needed for sometime though. I do play my own pool game, and not bad at that, if I do say so.

05-14-2002, 12:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> top tourney players are an exception, what are you smoking. efren doesn't shower while a tourney is going on. Krusty
<hr></blockquote>

I would'nt mind not showering myself if can make 165K on a single pool tournament.

05-14-2002, 04:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well, as someone who had a couple of hours of sex last night, I'm not sure I qualify to get into this argument but....
<hr></blockquote>

i'd be interested in how many different men does it take to have sex for a couple hours. that's about 8 or 10 Krustys.

Krusty

05-14-2002, 04:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr>
I need at least one shower a day, two if afternoon sex, and I pay someone to excercise for me./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Someone hasn't been needed for sometime though. I do play my own pool game, and not bad at that, if I do say so.
<hr></blockquote>

Rod

not everyone can be as good as you and me, but they should try.

Krusty

Sid_Vicious
05-14-2002, 06:06 AM
I gotta agree. Just the other day while watching the tourney at CJ's, I mentioned AGAIN to a good friend of mine that pool players are NOT attractive and many just plain slobs with no jobs and no relationships. I've never experienced a sport before which surfaces such odd balls(sorry folks, but y'all need to stop and look around a hangout.) Some time ago I watched a TX express tour stop over at Skillman and I was again stunned at some of those players, "Big Fat So &amp; So", "Hippie This" "Fat(another) So &amp; So", etc.

Let's face it, for the most part it's the non social and unpleasant people who seem to rise to the top and a big part is due to their time freeedoms, either they don't work, don't have a social life or both. Krusty deserves more of your observations 'cause he's on target. As long as this is Mom &amp; Pops and media sponsorship's run-upon exposure when they visit our houses, this sport can forget "show me the money."

Good short stop pool players are usually do-nothings with no life(IMMOSO). Sure there are some exceptions, but look around locally, there's very few good looking strong players...sid~~~2 hours might just kill me, but what a way to go

05-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Krusty, I agree that pool could use a make over. People looked better in the 50's and early 60's simply by the unwriiten dress code that society had at that time. Slack, sport shirts and leather shoes versus sneakers, shorts and a T-shirt with some obscene message. As far as fat goes, it is everywhere, on the golf course and in the work place. We eat too much and exercise to little and want to take a pill to cure it all. Don't like it but what are you going to do? Turn pool into a fashion show!

cheesemouse
05-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Krusty,
Suggested reading: "THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE"

=k=
05-14-2002, 11:01 AM
krusty i hope i don't find out where you hang out.. maybe it is just a differnt scene where i play, a sportsbar, sixshooters. hmmm wouldn't mind some of those people you degraded so much.. at least i could focus on my game more. there are so many hotties here, it makes it hard to keep focused.. really the problem is trying to improve and keep focused does not make for socializing..
i don't have a clue to how much these people make, but they all seem to be having a good time!

Tom_In_Cincy
05-14-2002, 11:08 AM
I must be lucky to be in Cincinnati, The MAJORITY of the players here do not fit into your 99% bracket.

Its about 50-50 non-somkers to smokers
Lots of serious dedicated enthusists. always wanting to learn more, practice and willing to help others.

No complaints about fat, sloopy dressed, unbathed people in the pool halls here.

And the women in Cincinnati are some of the best looking lady pool players I have ever seen.

Love the game, love the players..

I must be dead.. cause I think I am in heaven

Wally_in_Cincy
05-14-2002, 11:56 AM
You're hangin' in the wrong places dude. I haven't witnessed the scene which you describe. Maybe I'm just sheltered /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Eric.
05-14-2002, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well, as someone who had a couple of hours of sex last night, I'm not sure I qualify to get into this argument but....
God, I'm so sorry for you Krusty! It sounds like you live in the middle of pool hall hell. Maybe you should move to the NY Metro area where we have pretty, employed, and often wealthy people populating our pool halls. I personally have seven different guys who come to my room at least once a week for no reason other than to play me, and I don't even gamble!! <hr></blockquote>

Hi Lorri,

I'm also in the NY metro area. Unfortunately, though you are correct about the poolplayers here, what Krusty said is pretty close to gospel fro most places that aren't as metropolitan. As you know, pool isn't a very physical game(I haven't tried "Full Contact Pool") and therefore, can be played by anyone.

I was tempted to get on Krusty, but I guess the truth sucks. BTW, I am not fat, workout alot and do shower more than once a month. But that's just me.

Eric &gt;wondering where SideShow Bob is

05-14-2002, 12:10 PM
That's pretty heavy reading for a pool player. Most of them can not get past the label on a bottle of beer and why do you think the balls are colored as well as numbered!

05-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Good thing for me it's only one Carl, I guess!! Just another of life's facets I've generally been lucky at!

MikeM
05-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Now we know why you stay with that bum of a boyfriend!!!

;&gt;)

MM

shojingod
05-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Krusty does have a point in a certain way. He said it pretty up front do but when it comes to sport sponsorship which everybody here wants many of the things he mentioned are true.

To get the bucks we need a young virile healthy image. It's sucks but that's the facts. The top players need to promote not just the game but also the image of the game.

He is a little cold on the facts but none the less that is the way it is.

We want to make the Olympics. We want popular sponsorship. We want young people to be interested. Well time to do the changes needed to get there.

I said it before and I will say it again we have to make changes regarding image. RADICAL changes.

The head of TAP, APA, BCA should make clear cut rules regarding conduct, smoking, clothing, rules. Hell there should only be one body, not three.

05-14-2002, 09:23 PM
Hee Hee Hee, I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid!! LMAO

rackmup
05-14-2002, 09:25 PM
...fat, thin, tall, short, white, black, red, rich, poor, smoker, non-smoker, druggie, preacher, old, young, kid, mom, dad, sister, brother, pro, amateur, beginner, old salt, 9-baller, 8-baller, 1-holer, like Jeanette, like Ewa, gay, straight, shave your legs, shave your chest, dress well, dress out of a Goodwill drop box, have a fancy car, ride the bus, criminal, saint, play with a $3000 cue or play with a house cue...if you want to bang 'em around with me, let's get to it.

I love this game and enjoy those who share the same passion.

I do ask this:

IF you are a SMOKER: Please don't breath in my face. I'm not talking about blowing smoke my way...I'm talking about that nasty "smoker's breath." You know you have it, you know it's foul so please...eat an entire pack of Listerine Breath strips before getting into my personal space.
If you are a heavy coffee drinker: See above but replace "smoke" and "cigarettes" with "coffee."
If you SMOKE AND DRINK COFFEE: Can we just yell at each other from across the table or use sign language or something?

Regards,

Ken (likes ALL pool players and not trying to be rude but those smells make me wanna yack)

cheesemouse
05-15-2002, 07:06 AM
Krusty,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>does it bother anybody else that 99% of pool players are out of shape, out of work slobs.<hr></blockquote>
Now if you would have said "why is it that 99% of the top four finishers in any field of 32 or above never seem to have a 9 to 5 real job and they always seem to be comfortably dressed" I would have had an answer for you but you paint with a broom my friend and I can't get ahold of it. I don't think your serious.

05-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Does Lorri's signoff bother anyone else? It is so condesending but at the same time it screams" I am just dumb enough to think this is clever"

phil in sofla
05-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Compared to the average bowler???? I think if you go to a bowling alley, you'll find about what you find in an average pool hall, or an average bar.

That is, average people, because that is what average people look like these days. Americans are fatter than ever, with obesity (20%+ over ideal weight) found in more than half of all adults. Go to DisneyWorld and survey the beef on the hoof there, LOL!

If you want to see better looking pool players, go to an upscale pool hall boutique type place, pay exorbinant table time and mixed drink and food prices, play on red cloth or worse on so-so tables, and hang with the yuppie scum types if you can handle that. I doubt in the end that it will be a more convivial experience than what you've described.

We've got a couple of higher end establishments around south Florida called 'Gatsby's,' one of which even made BD's list of 'best' rooms. They ARE attractive at first glance (as are the women there, at least-- can't say about the men's appearances, because I don't notice much about that), but they've got bad lighting (a three bulb fixture that doesn't illuminate the ends), bad cue balls not matched to their other balls' weights, marginal tables that are set too close together (got to get back the million dollar investment), dirty balls, and overpriced everything.