PDA

View Full Version : Which bracket is CC in?

woody_968
09-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Ya,Im too lazy to look through all the brackets on AZ, anyone know what bracket Chris is in?

thanks

Barbara
09-06-2004, 02:17 PM
woody,

He's in the second bracket, top tier.

Barbara

woody_968
09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Thank you Barbara, found him /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man I wish I could be there!!!

Barbara
09-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Woody,

Unfortunately, he's in the same bracket as well as two of my favorite local players, Bod Maidhof and Marty Ciccia.

But I'll wish CC your luck when I see him on Thrusday! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

woody_968
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
But I'll wish CC your luck when I see him on Thrusday! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Chris is about to start his match in another 20 minutes. He was warming up when Harold, Tom, and I went over to say Hi and well wishes. It's muggy and humid as all hell outside but I'm back at the Holiday Inn to get my sweater 'cause it is fahreezing in that convention center.

Wendy~~~twins alert! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sid_Vicious
09-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Read my mind /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifsid~~~there should be a special smiley for that one

Karatemom
09-06-2004, 08:11 PM
I sure wish someone would update me with what happened! Spike and I are here biting our fingernails down to the quick awaiting news.

Heide

Rod
09-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Everything is just fine Heide, win or lose. It's where Chris wants to be. Ok Ok OK so where the news!!! LOL

Rod

RedHell
09-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Well,

Good news. Chris won his first match and in a very professional manner. He experienced some trouble at the beginning but after a short break regrouped and came back strong.

He got himself on the hill and got some bad rolls for 2 games but finnish with a beautiful 6-9 combo to walk away with a nice 11-5 victory.

I will try to update you all on what's happening but access to the board is rather hard...

PQQLK9
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Way to go Chris. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Karatemom
09-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the update, Eric. I understand that there is one computer for everyone to use, and I can only imagine how busy it is. Thrilled out of my mind though that he won his first match. Hope I can sleep with all the excitement.

Heide ~ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, NOT!

JDB
09-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Kewl, Nice Job Chris...

Chris Cass
09-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Want to thank you for the support. Yes, I won my first match. The young man I played was named Naithan. It had been Naithan' first event. Very nice kid. Was respectful and was extremely nervous. I was very nervous myself but his showed.

He gave me quite a few games and I had gotton up on him like 7-2 as Grady walked by and gave me patt of well wishes. He'd not noticed I was the one in the lead. Could have fooled me too. Well, the already nervous Naithan sees a household name, champion and instructor, promoter pro player patt me on the back. Well, that's all it took.

I'm sure Maithan will be back and he'll shake what took me 16 games. Then, I was ready to play some. lol Well, I play at 9pm tomorrow, Tues. Oh, I play some young guy that all the women like. Some guy named Niels from the Neitherlands? I hear the guy is phenominal. I think I'll change my strategy. I like one pocket 9 ball. lol

Take care,

C.C.~~Steve, that one wasn't for you. The next is buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooljunkie73
09-07-2004, 02:50 AM
WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO, way to go CC. It's all gravy now bud.

Kent Mc.

Leviathan
09-07-2004, 03:27 AM
Way to go, Chris! The first one is always the tough one, and you got the job done. Good start, my friend! I'm glad you're gonna get to play Feijen--super player and a cool guy. You two will have a great match. You know you can beat him, amigo--take it one shot at a time.

Alan

dmgwalsh
09-07-2004, 03:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Everyone,

Want to thank you for the support. Yes, I won my first match. The young man I played was named Naithan. It had been Naithan' first event. Very nice kid. Was respectful and was extremely nervous. I was very nervous myself but his showed.

He gave me quite a few games and I had gotton up on him like 7-2 as Grady walked by and gave me patt of well wishes. He'd not noticed I was the one in the lead. Could have fooled me too. Well, the already nervous Naithan sees a household name, champion and instructor, promoter pro player patt me on the back. Well, that's all it took.

I'm sure Maithan will be back and he'll shake what took me 16 games. Then, I was ready to play some. lol Well, I play at 9pm tomorrow, Tues. Oh, I play some young guy that all the women like. Some guy named Niels from the Neitherlands? I hear the guy is phenominal. I think I'll change my strategy. I like one pocket 9 ball. lol

Take care,

C.C.~~Steve, that one wasn't for you. The next is buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Congratulations to Chris. Great Job! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't Niels Fejen finish second in Vegas last year? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-07-2004, 05:17 AM
Great job C.C.! Remember anybody can be beaten at any given time. Now is the time for you to shine buddy. Giv'em Hell!

DG - rooting for you

stickman
09-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Eric, I certainly appreciate the updates. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
One down, several more to go. Go Chris!

Thanks, Jim

Sid_Vicious
09-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Congratulations Chris, 11-5 is a nice opening number to finish with. Just play your game and you'll be fine, nobody's that tough...sid

#### leonard
09-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Way to go Chris knock-em dead. ####

Brian in VA
09-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Way to go Chris!

One ball at a time, one game at a time, one match at a time!

Brian in VA

AustinFilAm
09-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Congratulations and good shooting!!!

Angelo

Steve Lipsky
09-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Yeah baby! I came into work this morning, and had a ton of work to do. But I had to check those brackets first /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif My coworkers definitely think I'm crazy, btw. Most people here don't do little dances around their computer at 9:30 "Monday" morning.

Keep it up Chris... What great news! You've already made my day. WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, anyone know if they're using the Sardo? Neils breaks quite well with that little contraption.

Gooooooooooooooo Cassman!!

- Steve

ras314
09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
They are using the Sardo, 9 ball on the spot. Didn't pound the ball in on set up though. Doesn't seem to be a mine field.

Barbara
09-07-2004, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'm sure Maithan will be back and he'll shake what took me 16 games. Then, I was ready to play some. lol Well, I play at 9pm tomorrow, Tues. Oh, I play some young guy that all the women like. Some guy named Niels from the Neitherlands? I hear the guy is phenominal. I think I'll change my strategy. I like one pocket 9 ball. lol

Take care,

C.C.~~Steve, that one wasn't for you. The next is buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!!! Neitherlands??

That's a great attitude, CC! It reminds me of one time that I asked Bob Maidhof (who's in your bracket and tier, BTW) who he had to play in the first round of some tourny a while back. His response was, "Some guy named Charlie Williams.". LOL That was too funny!

Barbara

Rod
09-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Way to go Chris. Aww don't worry about that guy, the balls fall the same for you as it does them. Sometimes you find the guys taking a nap or take some on the light side. Jump up and bite em. LOL Not literally though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

woody_968
09-07-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Jump up and bite em. LOL Not literally though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Ya, that didnt work to well for Tyson /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif