PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Toughest Game

MadisonBob
09-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Alright guy,s here we go. What,s the toughest game? Nine ball on the big table? Are nine ball on the bar box? As you all know on the big table we try to stay on the right side of the ball and have lots of area to do so as long as your a shot maker. On the bar box theres less area and if we get a little out of line it,s easier to pocket balls and create a angle that,s really not there that,s if you have the amagination to dream up the shot and the stroke to make it happen. So you tell me guy,s what,s the toughest game? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Madison BoB

woody_968
09-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Without question, to play it at a high level, straight pool is the hardest game I have ever played. Much more demanding than 9ball IMO.

If you are stricktly talking 9 ball, big table versus bar box, the big table is a much tougher game and the game that I preffer. Seems like everyone can get out on a bar box /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Troy
09-06-2004, 02:30 PM
IMO, One Pocket on a standard (9') table with =<4.5" corner pockets is the toughest game mentally... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy

Rod
09-06-2004, 02:44 PM
To me it's about the same. If you play good position it doesn't matter much but on a bar box you can settle for longer shots. Now for me since my eyes aren't 25 anymore long tough shots on a 9 footer can be missed. That is less likely to happen on a 7 footer because of distance. Now it's a toss up but all of my high runs for any game are on a 9 footer. The exception is 8 ball since I rarely played the game on a 9 footer except when I first took up the game.

Rod

1on1pooltourneys
09-07-2004, 12:32 AM
I would have to agree with Woody on this one. And I know many top players will say the same thing. A bar box should be used what it was made for.....TAVERN POOL. I think that we all have experienced the feeling at one time or another of getting "[censored] out on" by a weaker player on a bar table. Although, I will say that a good player is a good player no matter if they play on the floor. Generally speaking, I'd say that a big table player will be able to play on a bar table, where as a bar table player is lost on a big table. BTW.....STRAIGHT POOL IS BRUTAL

crawdaddio
09-07-2004, 05:46 AM
It's a tossup........

Straight pool
One pocket
Three cushion billiards
Snooker

I like to play one hole the most. Just starting on the straight pool, and man it's a toughy...

DC

#### leonard
09-07-2004, 05:56 AM
My adventure in one-pocket always ended with my opponent saying "Oh Well" as they slammed the balls around trying to luck a ball in. In the majority of the time they would luck a ball in and win the game.

I soured of one pocket and the people who played it.####

Fred Agnir
09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
The toughest game is the one you don't play, I guess.

Fred

NH_Steve
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> My adventure in one-pocket always ended with my opponent saying "Oh Well" as they slammed the balls around trying to luck a ball in. In the majority of the time they would luck a ball in and win the game.

I soured of one pocket and the people who played it.#### <hr /></blockquote>How strong were the players you were facing, and how much do you know about the little tricky shots in One Pocket yourself? I ask this because there are quite a few One Pocket shots that do appear lucky to the less-initiated -- especially in the heat of a game where your opponent may have looked closely at the lie of the balls, but since you didn't comprende what they were looking at, you didn't observe the nuance they were keying on, and then when they get up and fire and sure-enough a ball heads either into or near their hole, it sure looks like luck!

I figure I know a whole lot of tricky One Pocket shots myself, yet when an opponent does that to me, I can't help thinking to myself, "they were lucky". It's human nature /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif But then when I see they pull similar shots out of their @$$ over and over, well, I guess I have to grudgingly acknowledge maybe they weren't so "lucky" after all...
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Things aren't always as they appear in One Pocket -- much more so than in 9-ball or Straight Pool, for example.

crawdaddio
09-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Tappity tap, Steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tateuts
09-07-2004, 11:30 AM
The toughest game is bank pool played on a carom table.

Chris

#### leonard
09-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Conn Johnny Vivas, the first winner of the Johnson City One-Pocket tourney was one. I was trying to get a straight pool game with the owner of the room and was playing Johnny.

Then there was a Syracuse one pocket player whose name escapes me now. It comes to me now Dick Stebbins.####