PDA

View Full Version : Billiard Club Network Ring Game. No fat guys!

Chopstick
09-06-2004, 06:21 PM
I was practicing with Grady the other day and he told me that he quit the Ring Game. Apparently, there was a player who had a sponsor for the game who did not meet the BCN specifications and they wouldn't let him play. Grady said they only want young skinny guys. This is not an exact quote, but it's close, "I am not going to tell anyone(names deleted) they can't play because they are too old or too fat".

Well, you tell 'em Grady. According to them how you look is more important than what you can do.

Vagabond
09-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I was unable to watch tonight`s game eventhough I paid for it.I should have known better.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PQQLK9
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Same here Vagabond. I paid and no picture??? Rats! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

onepocketchump
09-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Let's send an email to BCN and ask them if this is true. One of the great things about pool is that anyone can be great regardless of their body size. Some of the largest guys I know look like dancers when they move the cueball around.

John

Brady_Behrman
09-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Email that BCn Sent out:

Dear BCn Viewer:

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
We hope that you can now see the video stream.

We will repeat this match for you in its entirety 10-15 minutes after its conclusion.

Again we apologize.Thank you for your support.

SPetty
09-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Sorry, I'm confused...

There is supposed to be a ring game at the US Open on Wednesday night. That's not the one you're talking about here? There was another ring game scheduled that's happened already?

As for picking pretty boys... gimme a break!

PQQLK9
09-07-2004, 06:17 AM
No Spetty, the ring game is still on for Wed. and I don't believe Bcn would discriminate against anyone.
Even though I am "little and cute" I would not patronize anyone that belittled fat people /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.