PDA

View Full Version : help!

TonyM
05-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Well I've done it now! I went and put some (supposedly) temporary pencil lines on my table cloth last night (to mark out some shot positions, I ran out of chalk and hole reinforcers) and now I can't get the marks off the table!

Does anyone know what takes pencil lines off of cloth?

Tony
-maybe I can colour the entire cloth with the pencil to hide it? Sure, should only take about 2 weeks or so.......

stickman
05-13-2002, 03:10 PM
I would try 409 cleaner. You might test on the inside of one of the pockets for color fastness first.

Troy
05-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Woolite and warm just might work. Don't know for sure tho, but it won't damage your cloth.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TonyM:</font><hr> Well I've done it now! I went and put some (supposedly) temporary pencil lines on my table cloth last night (to mark out some shot positions, I ran out of chalk and hole reinforcers) and now I can't get the marks off the table!

Does anyone know what takes pencil lines off of cloth?

Tony
-maybe I can colour the entire cloth with the pencil to hide it? Sure, should only take about 2 weeks or so....... <hr></blockquote>

05-13-2002, 07:37 PM
This is going to sound stupid, but did you try an eraser? I know, but I've tried it on the most bizarre stuff, and it works more often than not!

TomBrooklyn
05-14-2002, 11:27 AM
Tony,
If you find a pencil eraser is working but too abrasive, try a draftsman's eraser. They may be available in a good stationary store. The most common brands are Koh-I-Noor, Stadler, and Faber-Castell, who all make other drafting supplies also. They are all softer than a pencil eraser, and come in versions to erase pencil from paper, vellum (high quality paper), and film (translucent plastic). I think those three versions would be ranked in order of softest to hardest. I don't know which one would work best on cloth, but they all erase much more thoroughly and gently than a typical pencil eraser! Good luck!

TonyM
05-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Yes I tried an eraser. I think that if the cloth was napless (like Simonis) it would work fine. But the cloth is a napped forstman (given to me for free, so don't ask why I didn't use Simonis!) and the eraser removes the surface of the cloth itself and leaves a bare patch!

I need another solution!

Tony

TonyM
05-14-2002, 04:52 PM
What is 409 cleaner?

Tony
-nope, never heard of it up here in Canuck land

stickman
05-14-2002, 05:53 PM
409 is like Fantastic only better. I don't know if you have Fantastic in Canuck land either.???

05-14-2002, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TonyM:</font><hr>the eraser removes the surface of the cloth itself and leaves a bare patch!Tony <hr></blockquote>

i guess you probably don't want to hear about how you should get a really big eraser and make your own simonis...do you?

dan...or a shaver? bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

05-14-2002, 09:27 PM
I think you're on to something there Dan! Try Simple Green. You can find it in any auto parts store ( even the fake ones, like Pep Boys). It's incredibly powerful, but gentle to both surfaces and the environment. Real good stuff. Just don't use it to clean glass, or you'll never have clean glass!

05-14-2002, 09:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> I think you're on to something there Dan! Try Simple Green. You can find it in any auto parts store ( even the fake ones, like Pep Boys). It's incredibly powerful, but gentle to both surfaces and the environment. Real good stuff. Just don't use it to clean glass, or you'll never have clean glass! <hr></blockquote>

isn't that the stuff they had in the movie about how they ground-up old people and fed 'em to young people?? (not lookin like as good an idea as it once did.)

the guy that runs the national rifle assn. was in it.

yea, try that.

dan

05-14-2002, 09:38 PM
THAT'S SOYLENT GREEN, YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!! OOOO, you know I'm only kidding, right? I hate getting hate posts because people don't get me.

05-14-2002, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> THAT'S SOYLENT GREEN, YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!! OOOO, you know I'm only kidding, right? I hate getting hate posts because people don't get me. <hr></blockquote>

let me get this straight. you're saying i shouldn't be eating it? not even as a condiment with my spam??

shoot.

hate you? who could ever. that's silly.

dan...seriously.

05-14-2002, 09:52 PM
No, not even as a condiment. It does make a nice body wash, however.

stickman
05-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I use it to take my monthly bath. It only takes a few layers of skin off. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

05-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Get a kneaded eraser (they look and feel like a piece of gray putty) from an art supply store ...$1.25 will do it...They might have them in stores that sell office supplies as well...Good Luck...

Ron C (rgc) in SC

TonyM
05-14-2002, 11:41 PM
Dan you're a card!

Tony
-and he should be dealt with.......groan!

TonyM
05-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Yep, we have Fantastic here in the frozen north! We use it to clean our igloos....

Tony
-uses ice balls and deer antler sticks

Rod
05-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Or maby Oxi Clean. There is another cleaner, forgot the name, but it is a pink paste.

05-15-2002, 05:30 AM
Tony...I didn't know you were in Canuckland...send me your address via e-mail and I'll send you a kneaded eraser free...uncleronsky@hotmail.com...

RonC (rgc) in SC

TomBrooklyn
05-15-2002, 11:13 AM
I had a kneaded eraser once. They're weird and feel funny. I think it came in my Jon Nagy Learn To Draw kit. I didn't use the kit much and didn't learn to draw very well. All I could do was play with that eraser, it freaked me out. Be careful letting children get a hold of a kneaded eraser.