PDA

View Full Version : Our Televised Interview

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2004, 09:53 AM
So there I was talking to Eric (Redhell) and his wife when we're asked to do an interview for Channel 48. I'm don't know what network that is but it'll be playing 4 times a day or something like that at 6 PM today. Anyway, I wound up doing the interview with my bud Tom (in Cincy) and basically we were asked why do we come to the Open, what is it about pool that we like and of course we mentioned the CCB!

Update:

Chris had an awesome match. I was watching the McCready and McCreesh match and couldn't see Chris playing, but was able to see 1 half of the table that he was on and the score balls. I'm very proud of him and he's so humble. He's playing Neils Feijen tonight at 9 PM and I'll be there rooting for him all the way. http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/images/icons/trophy.gif

There are a lot of great matchups both at 9 and 11 PM tonight and like yesterday, I'll be heading out to Q-Masters for more action so this, undoubtedly, will be one long night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the seeded players start today so there will be more to come. Oh, there are 2 kids playing in this one, I believe their ages are 13 and 16, I think. I know for sure that one of them won the junior nationals 14 and under and he won his first match here at the Open yesterday!

Tony says Hi to all and is really anxious in meeting all the CCBers that he can. His match is at 11PM tonight and I forgot who his opponent is.

There's suppose to be a big money game either tomorrow night or Thursday night at Q-Masters between Tony "T-Rex" Chohan and I just can't remember who it is that he's going to play. I think it's suppose to be 1 pocket but I'm not sure. Stay tuned on that one.

Ah the stories are building up. I won't post it now 'cause I'm going to go back to the convention center to go to Q-Masters to shoot some for a while. Lets just say that my first story involves me, Josh (JMDinVA), Carmine Sardo, and the wigged man. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
09-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks Wendy, see if you can "charm" the camera man to put the camera on CC for a rack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

er' I mean "camera person" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tateuts
09-07-2004, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

Tony says Hi to all and is really anxious in meeting all the CCBers that he can. His match is at 11PM tonight and I forgot who his opponent is.

<hr /></blockquote>

Wendy,

Are you talikng about Tony Robles?

If so, get this - he's playing John Morton - aka "Rude Dog" - he's the player that A-Z billiards forum sponsored to go to the Open.

Chris

9 Ball Girl
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>Wendy,

Are you talikng about Tony Robles?

If so, get this - he's playing John Morton - aka "Rude Dog" - he's the player that A-Z billiards forum sponsored to go to the Open.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>Yup. Tony R. He beat John 11-2 or 3 last night. But let me tell you, John plays a helluva game. He's the one that AZB posters put up to go to the Open right? Well, they couldn't have picked a better person. Great game he's got.

tateuts
09-08-2004, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> He beat John 11-2 or 3 last night. But let me tell you, John plays a helluva game. He's the one that AZB posters put up to go to the Open right? Well, they couldn't have picked a better person. Great game he's got. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, they put up the money (I put up a tiny donation too - I ocassionally stray over there). He's an interesting guy - I think that's why he was picked -we just wanted to do it for him.

His story is on A - Z publicly, so I will just say he was in prison for a lengthy time (for a non-violent crime) which also involved another well known pool player. He is now out on parole. He is trying to get his life together and this is a big opportunity, mentally at least, for him to get started. From his posts, he is a good guy, an interesting guy. He knows and hung around with the players in Los Angeles from Hard Times a long time ago.

Chris

CarolNYC
09-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Wendy,
That is wonderful!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
They couldn't have picked a better representative-you go girl-show them what your made of!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
09-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Wendy,
As you know, I phone Tony before and/or after tournaments-well,this time it was vice-versa and I am very proud and honored-please tell him my "heart is with him"
Thanks!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
09-09-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they put up the money (I put up a tiny donation too - I ocassionally stray over there <hr /></blockquote>

That is awesome!!

[ QUOTE ]
He is trying to get his life together and this is a big opportunity, mentally at least, for him to get started. <hr /></blockquote>

I wish him the very best!!!!!!!!!!

Carol

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2004, 10:47 AM
You got it! He's still on the winners side. He's just killin' 'em!

CarolNYC
09-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Thank you "9-ball girl!"!The ONE&amp;ONLY, newly crowned, CCB T.V. reporter!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a good time down there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Tom Cincy did it with me. So I guess he can be the anchor man! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif