PDA

View Full Version : Spider

Jimmy B
09-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Has anyone ever heard of this Spider thingy that is being advertised at the Open?

JB

pooldaddy9
09-09-2004, 03:06 AM
If it's like the one Allan Hopkins had at the OPEN back in 2002, it's more of a gimmick. A big spider with a laser.I'm into anything to help my game but I was not impressed by the spider. Maybe if I could have got a better demonstration.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2004, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> If it's like the one Allan Hopkins had at the OPEN back in 2002, it's more of a gimmick. A big spider with a laser.. <hr /></blockquote>

Same concept but it doesn't look like a spider anymore

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=322

www.thespideronline.com (http://www.thespideronline.com)

Pelican
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
It is very gimmicky. They were demoing it at the APA Nationals a couple weeks ago.

SPetty
09-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I've now seen it in person, and it's really kinda cool. But... (there's always a but...) I can't see how, if I learn to use it, I can transfer that knowledge/info into a situation where the spider isn't being used. That is, it gives you several different ways to aim (ghost ball, parallel aiming, spot on the object ball, etc.), which I liked, but once the spider device is removed, where does that leave me?

I think I'll go back and talk to them about it later...

woody_968
09-09-2004, 03:07 PM
I think it looks like it could be very helpfull for a teacher to use with a student. As you said, once its removed its still just up to you, but I think it could help in explaining the concepts of aiming.

I clicked on the order link at their website just to see what it would run but it said ordering would be available in Oct. Did they say what it costs?

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2004, 09:21 PM
I saw it too and I think that you would have to use it enough times to realize where to hit the ball without the aid of the Spider. Sort of like those food diets where you have to measure everything that you eat, start to learn how to eat in proportions, and eventually eat at a restaurant where you don't have any measuring untensils but just by looking at the amount of food on your plate, you know how much to eat. What the @#%$# am I talking about? And where the hell is my frooze pop?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wendy&lt;---going on 72 hours without sleep!!!

SPetty
09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
They said the "normal" price is $179.99, but if you order at the Open, you can get it for $139.99 and it comes with two Spider Clocks!!! And a video and a special packaging case.

P.S. Barbara, my clever talkative roommate says: "Fred Agnir is an equipment whore and will be reviewing this item in the near future. And Eric. will be agreeing with that."

P.P.S. Barbara, my clever talkative roommate also says: "Jeanette Lee is $5000 extra to demonstrate this item in person."

P.P.P.S. I will be in trouble when she reads this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

woody_968
09-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Whats a spider clock? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
09-10-2004, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Whats a spider clock? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>hahaha, I was hoping I would get away with that one and hoping you wouldn't be that interested... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It's kinda hard to describe, but think of a 2 inch flat round piece of plastic that has a large indentation that takes over almost the whole top of the flat part and a ball sits in the perfectly sized indention. Got it so far?

Then on the plastic around where the ball sits are clock numbers and "line-up" lines. So you put the object ball on one piece of plastic and the cue ball on the other piece of plastic and line up the "line up" lines and... I kinda lost interest about then, so I'm not really sure what happens after that but I think it might have something to do with aiming... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cycopath
09-10-2004, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Whats a spider clock? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.buygifts.ca/ProductImages/clocks/alarmclocks/spidermanalarmclock_11776_large.gif

Jimmy B
09-10-2004, 03:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> Whats a spider clock? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.buygifts.ca/ProductImages/clocks/alarmclocks/spidermanalarmclock_11776_large.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, ask a stupid question...

JB