PDA

View Full Version : Ring Game - CANCELLED

tateuts
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
From my e-mail:

***This announcement is being release on the behalf of Barry Behrman U S Open Promoter***

U S Open Ring Game Cancelled

Parica v Archer @ 7 PM and Deuel v Reyes @ 9 will fill the void

Due to scheduling conflicts with the U S Open 9-Ball tournament bracket and other factors, the Ring Game has been officially cancelled and will not be rescheduled during this event. One major concern in determining this decision was the effect the Ring Game would have upon the players still participating in the U S Open 9-Ball Championship tournament. Therefore in order to maintain the integrity of the event, the organizers feel that canceling the Ring Game will be in the best interest of those concerned.

"We regret having to cancel the event that has been is the works for months," said Barry Behrman, U S Open Promoter. "The U S Open tournament matches must take precedents over all other activities. We would love nothing more than to dedicate an entire evening to the Ring Game or some other entertainment, but we were presented with too many obstacles in order to make it happen."

The Ring Game was initially scheduled for Sunday night prior to the tournament beginning, but because several players that expressed desire to be in the event were participating in the World Pool Masters in Holland, the event was rescheduled for Wednesday 9/8. It was then bumped to Thursday because of tournament bracket reasons which further impacted scheduling issues.

In place of the Ring Game on Wednesday evening, Billiard Club network is producing two high profile matches for live Internet broadcast. Pay-per-view subscribers that purchased the Ring Game will receive a full refund immediately.

Rod
09-09-2004, 02:55 PM
And what did that PPV session cost? I decided not to subsribe this time (for the whole week) because of price and limited time to watch.

Rod

tateuts
09-09-2004, 03:29 PM
$39.95 for the week.

When you subscribe to an internet broadcast like this, you better not be particular. This stuff does have it's own intrigue, however, because it's rough, it's raw, it's unpolished. I might add, it's downright unpredictable.

If someone is expecting a polished show, they will be disappointed. It's like having a ringside seat but watching the action with 20/100 vision and a 50% hearing loss.

Chris

Keith Talent
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
So, did game fail because of scheduling problems, or could they not get 6 players?

Anyway, it looks like the DCC ring game took its toll on the participants, to some extent. After all, it was the two guys in Game 2 who were knocked out FIRST, and who presumably saved some energy, who ended up in the 9 Ball finals ... Efren and Ralf, right?

Jimmy B
09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm pissed off, the first night there was trouble then they canceled the Miz thing, my audio sucked in yesterdays early match and now tonight I can't get anything to work. WTF? I like to support this type of thing, but for $40 I really want more or at least what I thought I was going to get, or at least something to work.

JB

cycopath
09-09-2004, 10:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>It's like having a ringside seat but watching the action with 20/100 vision and a 50% hearing loss.
<hr /></blockquote>
LMAO!

I love that analogy!