PDA

View Full Version : 15 minutes at the open

SPetty
09-10-2004, 06:30 AM
So, I was sitting there last night watching Efren and Corey battle it out on the TV table. Got a little antsy, so got up and walked around a little. Found a seat where I could see several tables at the same time.

I'm sitting there all by myself (I miss Rip) watching Tony Robles, Luc Salvas, Mika Immonen, Francisco Bustamante, Frankie Hernandez and Bobby Pickle plus still being able to see the top parts of Efren and Corey while seeing their bottom parts (well the table anyway) on the big screen.

This is fun! I'd recommend it to any pool fan that can make it.

BTW - Bobby Pickle lost 11-1 to Mika. All I saw him do was rack! Over and over and over and over and over... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GeorgeV
09-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I had that same experience at the BCA Pro 9-Ball Tournament in Vegas in May. It was just awesome sitting in the bleachers and being able to just turn my head to watch Reyes, Bustamante, Archer, Corr, and just everybody else whose name you know. I had three days to sweat matches before my wife got to town and made me take her to a bunch of shows. I enjoyed the shows, but not as much as I enjoyed just sittin there in the Riviera sweatin pool matches!

Gotta do THAT again!

Deeman2
09-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Spetty,

As we will be seeing each other in a week, please pick up the following items for me while you are at the U.S. Open.

1. That beautiful cue that Santos S. uses.
2. A pounding, length of the table masse/draw shot from Corey.
3. A U.S Open Towel.
4. A quart of Alex's hair gel (Tori likes his doo).
5. A copy of "How to Make Friends in Pocket Billiards" Earl Strickland Edition.
6. Two (2) copies of "How to Bet Stupid" by Bobby Pickle.
7. Two (2)tickets to the cancelled ring game.
8. A sheet of that aluminum tread plate they put around the tables (I want to slip and slid while I play if the Pros can do it).
9. A picture of any of the card girls or nine ball girl with me in a cardboard cutout next to them.
10. A video of that guy walking around and spraying the tables. (I have not seen enough of that commercial on TV!).

O.k. I'll settle for the towel.....Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much, I am jealous beyond words..
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Deeman

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> ...2. A pounding, length of the table masse/draw shot from Corey.

<font color="blue">So my eyes were not deceiving me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I can't wait for the video to come out.

How about a Gabe Owen jump/bank to go with that? </font color>

8. A sheet of that aluminum tread plate they put around the tables (I want to slip and slid while I play if the Pros can do it).

<font color="blue">That's the stupidest thing ever. I can't believe the players put up with it. It's loose and the pieces do not lie even.

I saw Gabe Owen trip on that a couple of times. Just what he needed in the match of his life, something stupid like that to worry about. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
09-15-2004, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> As we will be seeing each other in a week, please pick up the following items for me while you are at the U.S. Open.

3. A U.S Open Towel.
9. A picture of any of the card girls or nine ball girl with me in a cardboard cutout next to them.
10. A video of that guy walking around and spraying the tables. (I have not seen enough of that commercial on TV!).
<hr /></blockquote>

3. It's here and waiting for you. I got the last one in the place!

9. This is the best I could do. It's up to you to do the rest.
http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/numbergirl2.jpg

10. Again, this is the best I could do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif :
http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/tableclean.jpg

Deeman2
09-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Be it known that you just can't get one over on SPetty. She will out guess you every time. I hope Scott made it safely. I can't wait to get there on Saturday. A)I will only take the towel if you already have one of your own. B) I can't really quite handle the one woman I have so I'll have to let the younger guys go after the card girls (but thanks for the effort) C) I'll hang the one of the table cleaning guy up next to my picture of F/L. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

See you on Saturday....

Deeman

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 07:02 AM
Actually, that pic of the ring girl didn't do her any justice. She's much thinner and although I have my own ring girl at home to I didn't want all the singles out there to mistake the pic for exact.

Regards,

C.C.