PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Tables

Perk
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
I was looking at the US Open website, and noticed this ad for Diamond tables. Over this last year, I have been looking and considering a Diamond Pro. Since I was looking at an Oak model, I noticed this price is WAY lower than normal. Just FYI.

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/diamond_professional_pool_tables.php

<---just thought these were good deals, sharing info.

cycopath
09-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Seems like a decent deal of the tables. Especially with the minimal shipping charges. Most people try to rape you on the shipping.

How's the golf game coming along. I seem to remember you just getting into golf a few months ago or so. I've only played a handful of times so far. I do love the game, but the game doesn't seem to love me.

I need to find a good instructor and get my fundamentals down.

Perk
09-10-2004, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> How's the golf game coming along<hr /></blockquote>

Our league season is over, finished middle of the pack. Had 2 different partners. I finished the year as a 3 handicap (9holes). Started the year really well, but struggled at the end with putting. I have one more event next weekend, a large 2 person scramble. 36 holes, called a Red/White/Blue event.

Trying to get back in stroke now with pool, but weather permitting I get out and play some golf still.

Definately get an opportunity to get instruction, it can help ya alot. Once you have basic concepts, you learn alot on your own. Course Management and smart golf help alot. Can be the difference between a round in the 90's, or a round in the 80's.

&lt;---Only was able to shoot a 74 as my low round this year.

Scott Lee
09-11-2004, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr>

I need to find a good instructor and get my fundamentals down. <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? I thought you KNEW a good instructor! LOL In fact, that person was ON your table yesterday all day long! LOL
Like you said to me last night, what you NEED, is to find the determination to get back to the fundamentals I have already taught you! Then we can go past that and get into advanced stuff! See you next year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Scott Lee
09-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Perk...To my knowledge, the $4050 price is the standard price anytime from Diamond, right off their own website. I agree that the shipping is a great deal! I've paid as much as $700-$1000 to have a table shipped cross country. Still, at $4K, it's a whole lot let than a GCIV or any other high end table.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

thecardman
09-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but why is it so many of the top US tournaments are played on Diamond tables? What makes them so good or desired above, for example, Brunswick GC tables? Is it the running costs, the quality of the table, something else or a mixture of different factors?

I'm asking because I've never played on a Diamond table. Here in the UK, most of the clubs with American Pool tables (as they are called here) have the SAM K-Steel tables. A handful (at most!) have Brunswick tables - mostly GC IVs - due to the fact that they have been used extensively in the Matchroom Sport events that we see here on Sky TV.

I'd be interested in what you guys have to say about Diamonds as opposed to GC IVs.

Thanks

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thecardman:</font><hr> Excuse my ignorance on this matter, but why is it so many of the top US tournaments are played on Diamond tables? ...... <hr /></blockquote>

Hey cardman,

Diamond sponsors a lot of the men's tourneys. And the players like the way the tables play.

Brunswick sponsors the ladies' tour (WPBA).

If Brunswick offered a better deal to the men's events they would be playing on Brunswicks.