PDA

View Full Version : Trenton Marty takes Earl to da Hill

Pizza Bob
09-10-2004, 04:47 PM
While there are probably few people on here who know who Trenton Marty is, I thought maybe some Earl fans might be interested. Marty beat our own Chris Cass and went on to play The Pearl. It went hill - hill before Earl pulled it out. I understand he was talking to the crowd and to Marty the entire time - SOP for Earl. My source said that match alone, was worth the price of admission. Would love to hear from some of you that saw it in person - Red Hell? SPetty? Would have been nice if Marty had won....ah well there's always next year.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Barbara
09-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Dear Pizza Bob,

It was a helluva match! Honest to God! Marty played so smart. I was waiting for Earl to sell the farm. When you know Marty plays safe, he can lock you up like no one's business and Earl played the same. It was heaven when Marty came up on three games to match Earl at six and the crowd was behind Marty. He was calculating and great and the best play I have ever seen Marty execute.

Marty went 9 to 9 with Earl and then in the next rack, kicked the 9 ball in the side pocket to go on the hill. Earl was pissed.

In the next rack, Marty ran up to the 6 ball and got funny on the 7 and tried to play safe and Earl played safe back and left Marty a shot, but it was a bad shot. Marty missed. On the 7. And Earl somehow really did manage to run out. And it was a shame. I would have loved to see Marty win. He really wanted to go there and play a champion and he did. He took him to the hill and I love Marty. He's a great guy. And a great player. And I will always always remember this match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was inspiring! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnnyP
09-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Will it ever show up on ESPN?

Pizza Bob
09-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks Barbara! I can't wait to hear it first-hand from Marty.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Barbara
09-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Pizza Bob,

On a side story, I was sitting on the top row of the Dishaw section watching 3 matches - Allen vs JJ, Bob Maidhof vs the Hillbilly (Bob had beat Santos Sambajon the night before - BIG WIN!!), and Marty and Earl.

Yeah, Earl started talking to Marty before the match started. My roomie, SPetty, was seated closer and could actually hear the banter. After Marty tied him up, SPetty couldn't take it anymore and moved. When Marty kicked the 9 in on the break to go to the hill, I clapped and spoke out, "One more time, Marty!". That's when I got "The Glare", and Earl looked at me and said something like "I know what you're doing." or something to that effect, and he tried to glare at me a couple more times, but I just wouldn't acknowledge him.

He also had a few spiteful words to Sally from IP when she came over to watch the match. That was pretty much uncalled for.

Ya know, it was pretty entertaining watching John McEnroe doing his thing playing tennis, but he had a distance from the crowd and really only made some sentences audible, and really didn't taunt the crowd, but talked to the refs and his opponents. He really never went after the crowd because he knew the crowd would root for whomever they wanted to and resigned himself that he couldn't change their collective minds. Earl demonstrates a form of "diarrhea of the mouth" when he's playing, to his opponent or the crowd. Apparently, he thinks the watching crowd is interested in what goes on in his brain.

I'm only thankful that Marty had the character to stand up to this and he probably threw a few back into Earl's face. But Marty talks so low, I couldn't hear him from where I was sitting.

Look for Marty to jack up his lesson prices!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He gave Earl just as good as Earl gave him!!!

Barbara

Barbara
09-12-2004, 01:23 PM
I wish!!!

But I don't think it was even recorded. What a damn shame!

Barbara

Eric.
09-13-2004, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> While there are probably few people on here who know who Trenton Marty is, <hr /></blockquote>

Heya Bob,

Long time, no hear. I hope all is well.

That's what I love about Pool here in the NYC/NJ/PHILLY area, you have a ton of "unknown" players that play real well.

Eric