PDA

View Full Version : Mika & Wiseman Silenced???

PQQLK9
09-11-2004, 04:33 PM
While waching the Web Cast of the Strickland Morris match last night the announcers said that "silence" was imposed on the match between Mika Immonen and Ronnie Wiseman and that the next one that spoke would lose the match.

I agree with Bill Incardona that it is hard to immagine Mika talking too much.

My question is,does anyone know what happened? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Mika won 11-10 according to Bill and Jim.

PQQLK9
09-12-2004, 01:24 AM
According to what I read on another forum (AZ) this is what happened......
Mika did not like a Wiseman rack and rearranged a ball to Wiseman's objection
("don't touch the balls") resulting in a PA announcment that if either one spoke again during the match that the "game" would be a loss.

That seems kind of harsh to me considering all the antics we have seem from Earl.

ras314
09-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Looked to me like Mika wanted the balls racked in a particular order. Even would rearrange the order when the houseman was racking.

Been a lot of trouble getting the Sardo to rack "perfect" probably because they didn't "train" the cloth.

SHARKEN
09-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi I am new to this site, you said you seen a webcast of pool matches, where do you find these, thanks, Sharken

PQQLK9
09-12-2004, 06:56 AM
http://www.billiardclub.net/

Welcome to CCB...enjoy the WebCast.

pooltchr
09-12-2004, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> According to what I read on another forum (AZ) this is what happened......
Mika did not like a Wiseman rack and rearranged a ball to Wiseman's objection
("don't touch the balls") resulting in a PA announcment that if either one spoke again during the match that the "game" would be a loss.

That seems kind of harsh to me considering all the antics we have seem from Earl. <hr /></blockquote>

That pretty much sums it up. Scott Smith spent the rest of the match standing next to both of them.

Nostroke
09-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah- i was sitting not too close but i could see the table and hadn't heard a word- Earl on the other hand would not stop talking during his 3rd match or so. Scott was right there too-said nothing- Finally The Hillbilly came over and asked Earl politely to quiet down. Of course Earl then glared at Hillbilly from his seat and Hillbilly flashed him a huge screw you smile.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> ...Finally The Hillbilly came over and asked Earl politely to quiet down. Of course Earl then glared at Hillbilly from his seat and Hillbilly flashed him a huge screw you smile. <hr /></blockquote>

In a cage match I think I would bet on Charlie.

Wally &lt;~~ now that would be a worthwhile PPV