PDA

View Full Version : CCB dinner

Grady
09-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks from Randi and me for the hospitality at the U.S. Open. We enjoyed meeting everybody from CCB at the dinner and visiting with Chris Cass and Dr. D. We wish we could have stayed to watch the CCB tournament. Bet that was fun.

Barbara
09-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Grady,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and Randi at the dinner. I finally got a chance to talk with you and it was a refreshing experience!!

You have a lot of great ideas for the future of the sport of pool and I hope there is a way to make them all happen!!

BTW, that book that I was talking about with you that I'm reading right now is "Stroke" by Carlos Ledson Miller. It's gotten to a point where I can't put it down, he has made it a very interesting read.

It was great to meet to meet you and Randi! Take care!!

Barbara

cueball1950
09-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Grady...it was my pleasure to see you again at out dinner. Your wife and yourself made for an interesting and pleasurable experience.....................mike

Eric.
09-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Glad you both stopped by to break bread with us and I'll look forward to bumpin into you again.

Eric

Ross
09-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey Grady - it was nice chatting with you about the old Green Room in Durham, the ring games at DCC, etc. Glad you and Randi could make it.

And yes the CCB tourney was a good time. It was a scotch-doubles, rotating-partners, taking-repeated-breaks-to-win-prizes format. How often do you get to participate in something like that? Maybe next year you could throw in an hour lesson with you as one of our prizes? Can't hurt to ask, I figure.

#### leonard
09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Barbara in the 1960s I wrote an article for the American Billiard Revue in which I proposed copying the pro Golf Tour format of tourneys for charity. Taking pool out of the poolroom and into the Country Club set. Last week I read the list of the 40 riches people under 40 and Tiger Woods has made more money than all of the poolplayers have ever earned.

His net worth was 220 million. Forty years later poolplayers still have not learned the secret. I am sorry to sign this post.@@@@