PDA

View Full Version : To MIKE PONOZZO......Billiards digest

cueball1950
09-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I just want to say thank you from all of the CCB"Rs that were at the U.S. Open this year and had a chance to play in our tournament. Thank you for the prizes that you donated to our prize list. 4 shirts and 5, 1 year subscriptions to your magazine. They were greatly appreciated from all of us there. I also want to thank you for calling the Yukon and buying all of us a round of drinks.
And a special thank you for spending time with us on Saturday when you could have been at the Open watching the pro's play. That gesture was appreciated and showed all of us ,that although you stay behind the sceens for the most part, that you do care about the people on our board. As you have seen. We are like a big happy family and we welcome you to our family. Have a good year and hopefully you will be able to join us next year for our 4th annual CCB tournament. again, thanks...................mike

Vagabond
09-13-2004, 03:57 AM
That is nice of Mike Ponozzo.Cheers
vagabond

Barbara
09-13-2004, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> And a special thank you for spending time with us on Saturday when you could have been at the Open watching the pro's play. That gesture was appreciated and showed all of us ,that although you stay behind the sceens for the most part, that you do care about the people on our board. As you have seen. We are like a big happy family and we welcome you to our family. Have a good year and hopefully you will be able to join us next year for our 4th annual CCB tournament. again, thanks...................mike <hr /></blockquote>

Whoa there, Mike! Mike P told me that he was there to cover our tournament exclusively and that he lied to his wife and told her that he was going to some hardware convention. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barbara~~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cueball1950
09-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Barbara..what can i say... you are an absolute riot girl. it was fun.............................mike

Barbara
09-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Mike!!

You take care of yourself and get to a Dr's to check yourself out!! You've got a lot of friends worried about you!!

Barbara

Ross
09-13-2004, 02:16 PM
I also want to thank Mike. His contribution of several subscriptions to BD was generous, but then he went beyond the call of duty and paid for all of the drinks for 20 or so CCB'ers at dinner. (I'm never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I went for the Top Shelf margarita. So you can blame me for the large bill, Mike. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) And it was nice of him to show up for our little CCB party so we all could see the face behind the name. Thanks again, Mike.

Ross ~ will recommend BD at every opportunity

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> ...And a special thank you for spending time with us on Saturday when you could have been at the Open watching the pro's play. That gesture was appreciated...<hr /></blockquote>

Yes it was. Very much. Hopefully he will play next year after seeing how much fun it was /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ owes Mike a drink

SPetty
09-14-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> ... <hr /></blockquote>Yeah, what he said! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
HAHHAHAHHA,

Mike does have one great sence of humor doesn't he? LOL I talked with him for awhile and he's really pretty shy. He just mainly wanted to be a fly on the wall. I liked him as he has a genuine sence about him. He was very respectful of everyone and didn't want to be in the limelight at all.

I explained to him of all I had been through to try in some small way show him what the CCB and it's people had been to me and my family throughout my ordeal. I wanted to convey how this place and it's players had been there for me and supported my family so much.

I still feel I couldn't put into words what it meant to have you all there for me. I was lucky enough to live and although I don't know how long but I do know my family here made my family at home stronger and able to cope with anything from now on.

I wanted him to know how special this forum is and I challenge him to just lurk on all the pool sights and see what this sight means to others in comparison. Then and only then will he get the true meaning of support and love we share amongst(sp) players, races, geographical locations, vocations and any other differences all combined. That makes us number one. We share the love of the game. I only wish the entire world could just see what we do here. Seems there would be no wars.

We are unique here in the ability to live and let live. To argue and dissagree and to accept what others have to offer as their right to free speech. That is true power. That's the true meaning of being human. Even those who find pleasure of belittling others in their sick and twisted way of fun are allowed to post. Thank God, there far and inbetween but they too, are allowed to the same first ammendment rights.

Regards,

C.C.

cueball1950
09-14-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We are unique here in the ability to live and let live. To argue and dissagree and to accept what others have to offer as their right to free speech. That is true power. That's the true meaning of being human.]

I would call that family chris, and that is what i feel we are on here. So 3 cheers for the best bunch of people you could ever want to have as family..................mike