PDA

View Full Version : Your clutch shots amid distractions...

UWPoolGod
09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
What clutch shots have you made when other distractions/events occured to sway your concentration/confidence?

So there I was playing in an APA Captain/Co-captain modified singles tourney this past Saturday. 47 players and hadn't lost a match finding myself playing for the title or 2nd place in the last match of the tourney. I was playing against a very good local Portland player. It was a mixed 8ball/9ball match tourney and we were finishing our set with 9ball. The score is tied 3-3 race to 4 with my opponent just tieing himself on the 7ball while trying to break it out or set up for it.

Wei Table (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)
START(
%GO3U9%HO5W0%IK9M6%PM8U9
)END

So he plays this attempted safe thinning the 7 and caroming the 8 down table while bringing the cue behind the 9 but came up a little short.

START(
%G`6O8%Hd6V9%IK9M6%PK4P4%UN6V5%VN2V0%WJ0P3%XC4R2%Y ^2Q0%ZO5U8
%[b8V9%\P1V7%eC2b1%_D4S6%`M5[4%aO2W6
)END

So as I was walking from my head spot seat around the table to the foot spot to take my shot a drunk guy, who had played in the tourney and been drinking all day, dropped his beer on the tile floor right where I would be standing. Shattered glass and beer everywhere. Great thing to happen in the last game of a tourney, hill-hill, on the 7ball, on tile floor with tennis shoes. They finally get it cleaned up and I go over to est my stance and my back foot slips out. GRRR!! I collect myself, go over get down two stroke it and fire it in the hole with perfect shape for the out and the tourney.

START(
%Gt5C1%Hc2S4%IK9M6%Pe4W2%Uc7U1%Vd4V3%Wd6X8%Xc9[4%Yt0B8%Za3O2
%[c8Z6%\`1O5%]_8O5%^J6P2%eC2b1
)END

Still what an inopportune time for something like that to happen. Probably helped me due to having to concentrate harder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

woody_968
09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Nice shot. It always feels good if you can keep your composure through something like that and step up and get the rack out.

Congrats.

recoveryjones
09-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I was playing this guy nine ball for two hours and it ended up hill-hill in the deciding set for all the marbles and table time.He ran down to the ( pretty much straight in) nine and I thought for sure that it was over.Just as he was about to shoot this gorgeous chick walks by (with a rather shapely top) and he shoots and misses.I couldn't believe it.
LOL...I won the match and of course he blamed it on the women.We both had a good laugh over this one.

Recovering from some spilt booze wearing tennis shoes is commendable, however,I wonder how you might have done wearing his jeans...LOL.RJ