PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cass....CCB Man OF the Year

cueball1950
09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
about a week before i left for the open i came across these pool clocks that you could have made up any way that you wanted with just about any saying you would want on them. So i decided to have 1 made up for Chris Cass as CCB man of the year. We would all have to agree that Chris has been thru hell the last couple of years and then someone gives him a bad time to the point that he almost did not go to the open. Well i thought that this clock would be anice gift for him and cheer him up a little. Well it did and i am glad that i did this for him. So Chris, i hope you enjoy the clock and the watch came on Saturday while i was away so please pm me with your home addres and i will make sure i get the watch right out to you. Til next year. Everybody have a great year..........................mike

stickman
09-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Very nice jesture, Mike! It makes me wish I had thought of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
09-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Sure Mike I'd vote on that. Why not, nice gesture. Oh Ok no vote but your a nice guy and very thoughtful.

Rod

LivinGr8
09-14-2004, 12:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Well i thought that this clock would be anice gift for him and cheer him up a little. Well it did and i am glad that i did this for him. .....mike <hr /></blockquote>

As Gomer once told Sgt. Carter... "I don't love ya, but I like ya!"
I would like to thank Chris &amp; all who regularly sacrifice there time to inform, give opinions and stay online for us "less gifted" , imho, 3rd world researchers. You make the love of the game even more fun!
I am so glad to hear of so many gathering to have a great time in VA. Keep up the good efforts! Thanks again to all of you veteran posters! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
09-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Hi Mike,

I do appreciate the gift you had given me. It was indeed a very thoughtful one that made me feel good. I think the others at the dinner was just as surprised as I was. About the hard time that a poster gave me. That you always see among players that envy others. This envy tends to eat up themselves inside and only creates a negativity in their life and it does show in their game too.

Still some think they have to try to control others and feel the need to put them in there place. I think everyone has the right to there opinion and should express it. It's heathy to not hold in the hateful thoughts inside. However, if you have a complaint about anything you should also have a solution(sp). Without that it's just as worthless as a plug ball.

I thought of all the surprises everyone told me they had for me. I tend to think the biggest case senerio. I was a little disapointed. All my own doing mind you. I thought #### Leonard was going to be there. I also thought Barry Szamboti was one too. All the same I'm kinda glad. I didn't need to disapoint my mentor and fav cuemaker in person. lol

Oh BTW, thanks for cleaning my clock in 3C Mike. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif lol

Regards,

C.C.

CarolNYC
09-14-2004, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So i decided to have 1 made up for Chris Cass <hr /></blockquote>

Who's better than you,Mike???

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barry
09-14-2004, 06:27 AM
Hey Chris,

How could you dissapoint anyone? You are a kind person who is always willing to help, guide, teach and support others.

I wish I could have been there to watch your matches.
I will tell you that I watched the newsgroups religiously to see your results.

I realy enjoyed your post of your matches and play. My big hope was for you and Rodney to match up. Next time you see him call him "Irish". He'll know you were talking to me. Tell him he can have the 7 and the break, I'll back you. lol

I look forward to V.F. in March to see you and I'll keep in touch.

Hi to Heidi and Spike!

Your friend,
Barry

Barbara
09-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Mike,

You're a class act all the way!!! What you did for the Cassman was super!!!

Barbara

Steve Lipsky
09-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Great job, Mike. Got a pic of it anywhere?

- Steve

Chris Cass
09-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh Barry,

Are you planning on taking away my cue? You don't know how much it hurts me not to feel comfortable with it yet. I know you put many hrs into the cue that you made for yourself and just turn it over to me. Believe me Barry, I am very greatful to you. I did get you one mention over the mic and I did wear your name proudly only didn't show enough heart to cash with it. One away thopugh and I really feel if I got through Marty I would have beaten Earl. I was ready for that guy and have been for a longtime. I don't mean any disrespect but I know his every move. lol

I saw Rodney too. I told him, "hey, wazup Rodney." he grined and laughed. He's such a nice guy. You could see he had the right frame of mind as well as so many other pros from the U.S. It was truely a fun time although I sweated money from day one, it didn't effect my play. I don't think. Barbara saved myself from total embarrassment and Tom from Cal was really a life saver. I'll tell you that story privatly my friend.

I couldn't find my T shirt for the life of me before I left. Heide cleaned the closet where I stored my precious stuff and that should take me till VF to find the thing. Thanks so much for it too. I made gest of it but I'll tell you. I was really honored and keep it close to my heart.

Thank you my friend,

C.C.

Barbara
09-14-2004, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I couldn't find my T shirt for the life of me before I left. Heide cleaned the closet where I stored my precious stuff and that should take me till VF to find the thing. <hr /></blockquote>

Dude!!

You're supposed to keep it in your case and wipe your cue down with it!! Good joss, too!! You should see mine. It's filthy!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Troy
09-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Not enough heart ??? B.S. !!!
Chris, you have the heart of a Lion.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>.....only didn't show enough heart to cash with it.
C.C. <hr /></blockquote>