PDA

View Full Version : Slow rails - Why? Are they fixable or not?

preacherman
09-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi,
I love my home table if I could just get some speed off the rails. Cloth is fast = 99% sure it is in the rails.
Any help or suggestions on what might be wrong with the rails, fixable? If not, how do I get new rails, what type, what expense to install.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim "preacherman"
www.christianpoolplayers.com (http://www.christianpoolplayers.com)

Rod
09-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Rails being to high is a big one. If there to high any ball gets pinched under the rail. If it's pinched it definately slows down. It will actually come off with back spin to a degree. To soft and it gives near the same effect. If there to hard the c/b tends to bounce depending on the height of course. What ever you do install quality cushions at the right height.

Artimus sp? are good cushions, Brunswick Super Speed was good also. I've out of the loop per say for a while so my suggestion on cushion mfg is open. Do your homework but make sure the height is correct. If possible, set the cushion on the low side. Low = speed, high = slow.

Rod

BLACKHEART
09-14-2004, 07:33 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The rubber cushions may have broken loose from the wooden rails & may have to be reglued. Don't ever let anyone sit, on the edge of the table..JER

rah
09-14-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote preacherman:</font><hr> Hi,
I love my home table if I could just get some speed off the rails. Cloth is fast = 99% sure it is in the rails.
Any help or suggestions on what might be wrong with the rails, fixable? If not, how do I get new rails, what type, what expense to install.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim "preacherman"
www.christianpoolplayers.com (http://www.christianpoolplayers.com) <hr /></blockquote>

I just bought a new table and tried to do FL's 12 rail shot. I could only hit 6 rails. It turns out that the person who put my table together (and I watched him the whole time) was too lazy to screw the rails in tight - seriously - or too stupid, I am not sure. So I bolted them down tight and they worked much much better. Good luck.

Bob_Jewett
09-14-2004, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote preacherman:</font><hr> I love my home table if I could just get some speed off the rails. Cloth is fast = 99% sure it is in the rails.<hr /></blockquote>
You don't say how slow. If you shoot straight up and down the middle of the table, can you hit the far end rail three times? If so, the cushions are more than fast enough. If the shot barely hits the cushion you are standing by twice, then the cushions are dead.

How many end cushions can you hit? How much of a length after the last cushion?