PDA

View Full Version : Wally in Cincy nearly misses CCB dinner

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
First off, I was making good time until I got to Hampton VA. Why, oh why did some kind soul not warn me to stay away from the tunnel bridge on I-64 ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I lost 30 minutes there. I took I-664 on the trip home.

I called the Yukon for directions (forgot to mapquest it before I left). The girl that answered the phone did not have a clue. The desk clerk offered to mapquest it but he typed in the wrong address and I ended up in a vacant lot /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Then something truly miraculous happened. As I drove down Providence Ave., clueless /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif, amused /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, dejected /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif, and 20 minutes late for dinner, I gave up looking. I spotted a Mexican joint and decided to stop for a cerveza and a burrito. When I drove around the corner and turned into the parking lot, what to my wondering eyes did appear? "Yukon Steak House". Of all the gin joints in all of Virginia Beach I had wandered into this one totally by accident. And to make it even better 9ballgirl and Mario(?) were walking thru the parking lot.

That made me happy.

Kato graciously found a chair for me at the table of the SoFla contingent (Thanks buddy). He has some cool friends. Frank, Phil in SoFla, Bobby, Jackpot George, and Mean Gene. They were cracking me up. But I got the feeling the next day at the tourney that Mean Gene didn't like me much. Maybe I stole his dinner roll or something.

9 Ball Girl
09-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Did my tattoo give me away? I was glad to see you!

Chris Cass
09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Wally,

I for one was happy you made the dinner. I couldn't wait to meet you buddy. Your a pretty big guy man. Wow, towered over me. The first think I thought was, it's time to go on the road. hahahah I know I'd never get cheated. lol

Seriously, I like you man. Your the greatest. I only wish we had one huge table as I wanted to be with so many that night. I hope you enjoey Grady being there too. I wanted to have a pro to join us at the dinner to make it special. Grady being a long time poster who kind of gotten off the wrong foot with many would be a good choice in my eyes.

There he could give some the insite of what he was saying in print so others might see another side of him. Earl I know wouldn't come so, when Grady accepted, I was happy. Grady isn't afraid to speak his mind as we all will sometime in our lives and it might be not what some agree with but he's a player. A player that thinks of the players around him. He's just not out for himself but thinks of others. I was honored.

Wally, you can be the quiet guy and I for one was so glad to have dinner with you too.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-14-2004, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wally,

I for one was happy you made the dinner. I couldn't wait to meet you buddy. Your a pretty big guy man. Wow, towered over me. The first think I thought was, it's time to go on the road. hahahah I know I'd never get cheated. lol...<hr /></blockquote>

CC, since Keith McCready has a designated breaker

K Mc and his DB (http://hometown.aol.com/khmccready/images/no%20action.jpg)

can I be yours? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
09-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Sorry Wally,

I don't think any of the halls that don't use the Arimith balls will allow that. As you would turn theirs into powder. lol

Your really a very nice man and I enjoyed what little time we spent togather talking. I did bring that pic of Elvis with just for you to see. He's my guy too. What was really funny is when Wendy after showing her the pic of me and Spike next to Jerry Spinger and she said, was this taken in Chicago? I laughed so hard and told her he was a dummy. Then, showed her the pic of me and the King. That was taken at the wax museum in Vagas 2002. That's when I was normal and ready to play the dang Open.

Regards,

C.C.~~thinks the best of Wally.

cycopath
09-14-2004, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>That's when I was normal and ready to play the dang Open.
<hr /></blockquote>

That confirms it, I thought you were a little ABNORMAL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just joshing you C.C.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
09-15-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi ya Cyco,

Do you know a pool player that isn't? HAHAHAHHAHA

Regards,

C.C.~~I did mean physically. I have to overcome some things that are tough but it's mentally taxing and it can be done with something that comes from way down inside. like desire.

SPetty
09-15-2004, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Kato graciously found a chair for me at the table of the SoFla contingent (Thanks buddy). <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif :

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/wally2.jpg

Kato
09-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Is that Wally? Does he look sober?

Kato~~~had a great time with the big man

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Is that Wally? Does he look sober?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ahem... "pot calling kettle black" alert /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty can testify I was sober all afternoon Sunday. So there.

Harrumph !

Barbara
09-15-2004, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Is that Wally? Does he look sober?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ahem... "pot calling kettle black" alert /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Kato was quite the "happy capmer" by the end of the CCB tourny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And he got happier as the night progressed, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In fact, Kato was sooooooo happy Saturday night, he even called my husband to tell him so!!/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2004, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
Kato was quite the "happy capmer" by the end of the CCB tourny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And he got happier as the night progressed, too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Thank you.

Witness dismissed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ was sober as a judge. Really, Your Honor.