PDA

View Full Version : TV table at Open rolled?

phil in sofla
09-14-2004, 03:17 PM
A bunch of us thought we saw a roll to table 8, the tv table. From where we sat, on the head string side where they broke, it seemed that it rolled to the left a little, at least around the side pocket, based on what the cue ball did when it came to a stop.

Anyone else see anything comparable?

phil in sofla
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
So is that a 'no'?!?!?!

Rich R.
09-16-2004, 11:18 AM
I didn't notice it Phil and, I would assume, if it rolled, the players would have complained. They are not exactly shy about things like that.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Nope, not all would complain unless it was really bad. Mine rolled off on me a bit towards the foot rail corner area. It cost me a game but, that happens. It is a one peice slate and I just can't understand that at all. Anyway, unless it's really bad that could be contributed to chalk in the cloth or crud on the ball. Not enough to complain about for someone to think your just looking for an excuse for losing. it's not worth it.

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
09-16-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a one peice slate and I just can't understand that at all. <hr /></blockquote>

One peice?? Who's the gorillas that put them together? LOL

Barbara
09-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Rod,

I guess they stack them and transport them like the 1-piece Valley tables - one on top of each other. Ouch!!

For $4000, I'd want a 3-piece table!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2004, 06:05 AM
I am asking for opinions, is the viewing better sitting at the short end of the table or on the long side.

Wally &lt;~~ sat on long side, not in a good spot to see roll-off to long side.

pooltchr
09-17-2004, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I am asking for opinions, is the viewing better sitting at the short end of the table or on the long side.

Wally &lt;~~ sat on long side, not in a good spot to see roll-off to long side. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally...I usually head toward one of the corners myself. I guess it's like shooting, but I always like a little angle.
Steve

ras314
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I can speak from bitter experience that sitting on the foot rail end was no good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Could see around the TV camera tripod some but there seemed to always be a bunch of people standing in the way. The big screen on the wall was the only way to tell what was happening.

However the view of the other two poka-dot tables was good, and I did get some video of the "smarter than I" CCB crowd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif