PDA

View Full Version : My two favorite pics from the US Open

SPetty
09-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Ross on the left, Wally on the right. Eric. in the middle!

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/rossericwally.jpg

A classic pose of a pro pool player you've probably never seen before (and yes, that cow is me...):

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/menkeith.jpg

Tom_In_Cincy
09-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Notes on those pics:

Eric was covering his ears because of everyone calling him by another name (we won't mention that name)

Ross was standing on a box next to Wally sitting.

Wally was wondering if his face will now be recognized!

Keith was in heaven. Texans do that to people all over. Some of the sweetest people I know, come from Texas.
SPetty is no exception.

Looking forward to more pics from SPetty.

Thanks for sharing

Eric.
09-15-2004, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Notes on those pics:

Eric was covering his ears because of everyone calling him by another name (we won't mention that name)

<hr /></blockquote>

HAhaha! Ya know, Tom? Every CCB'er I ran into asked me about the banned one. I guess that is my cross to bear.

Eric &gt;doing my best "Home Alone" impression

Barbara
09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!

Barbara~~~LMAO!!!

Ross
09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
No, Tom, I was standing on TWO boxes! (Wally is a VERY tall guy.)

Great pictures, Spetty!

PS- If you put your beautiful self down one more time, on my next trip to Texas I'm going to personally whip your ass. Love what you got, babe!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-15-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Notes on those pics:

Eric was covering his ears ...<hr /></blockquote>

Eric said "I'm going to show you guys what I do when Ross and Wally discuss politics" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric is too funny.

Barbara
09-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Oh come clean, Ross. Admit it, you and Wally were holding hands under the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
09-15-2004, 11:48 AM
A cow?! Hardly. If you're a cow then I'm a piglet waiting to come out! Oink oink!

Wendy&lt;---looking behind me, wondering if it was me that was being waved at.../ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross
09-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Shhh...Barbara - You'll get me kicked out of my local "Pinko-Communist" chapter.

Chris Cass
09-15-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't know Wendy, it looked to me you dropped a lot of weight. I thought to myself that those jogs at lunchtime were really shaping you up. Seemed that their were a few guys that I personally saw checking your every move. Especially shooting.

Regards,

C.C.~~keep it up girl and Kato looked extremely much thinner and strong looking too. I was very impressed. I did notice that SPetty didn't have that long pretty hair she had last time but I did kinda like the new look. Call me old fasion but I like long hair. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Nah, it was the frooze pop. It was all in the frooze.

Scott Lee
09-15-2004, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>

PS- If you put your beautiful self down one more time, on my next trip to Texas I'm going to personally whip your ass. Love what you got, babe! <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah...what he said...and I'm HERE to enforce it! SPetty... you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside! Get OVER it! LOL Not to mention you have the best poolroom setup this side of the Mississippi (due to that amazing husband of yours)! See you tonight for a session on the PPPH tables!

Scott
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Ross
09-15-2004, 12:12 PM
You tell her, Scott! And she better listen! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
09-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Love'em Spetty-absolutely love'em!
And you look WONDERFUL!
Way to go!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-15-2004, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>

PS- If you put your beautiful self down one more time, on my next trip to Texas I'm going to personally whip your ass. Love what you got, babe! <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah...what he said...and I'm HERE to enforce it! SPetty... you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside! Get OVER it! LOL Not to mention you have the best poolroom setup this side of the Mississippi (due to that amazing husband of yours)! See you tonight for a session on the PPPH tables!

Scott
<hr /></blockquote>

YEAH!!! WHAT YOU ALL SAID!!!

I had the best time with a roomie I had only known and spoke to for about 5 minutes at the Expo two years ago, but hooked up with on this board.

Thanks SPetty for being my buddy!! Woohoo!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Rod
09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Great pictures SPetty, where's the group shot??

SpiderMan
09-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Are you sure that's "Wally in Cincy" on the right? The last picture I saw of him, he looked different. Actually, the "Wally" in photo 1 looks a lot like your companion in photo 2.

No mistaking Eric for anyone else, though /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Did you guys find a buffet anywhere around there?

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Actually, the hotel (Holiday Inn), had a breakfast and lunch buffet. They used to have a dinner buffet but as Josh and I quickly noticed, they did away with it.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 07:05 AM
I wasn't refering to the frooze pop thing. I was talking body. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~Mario looked very comfortable. Good deal and I had a good time talking to him. He seemed much more settled and that's a good thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2004, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> ...the "Wally" in photo 1 looks a lot like your companion in photo 2....<hr /></blockquote>

I'm much prettier than him /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
09-16-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Where's the group shot?? <hr /></blockquote>My camera timed out so Cathy missed it with my camera. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I emailed InsidePool and asked for a copy, but they won't answer me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif There were several other cameras that took the group shot, so I'm hoping to see it soon too.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 08:02 AM
I ordered the entire board a subscription under your credit card so, I know there kinda busy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~luv ya. hahahaha

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I'm picking up my pics in a few minutes. I think the group shot was shot with my camera as well. I'll find out 'cause I can't remember!

Wendy&lt;---was in a Behrman sandwich!

Eric.
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
I sent my group shot of the suspects to you. If you can post it for me, that would be great(I'm a computer mental midget).

Eric &gt;pool ain't the only thing I suck at

SPetty
09-16-2004, 08:53 AM
I thought there were more of us in this group pic!

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/Ccb-04.jpg
quote Eric.:
back row- RedHell(also my driving style), Rich(stop calling me Jimmy Olson)R, Jackpot(you can't see me,but I see you)George, Wally(walks softly but carries a big stick)in Cincy, JMD(not far from home)in VA, Phil(not necessarily)in SoFla, Sactown(the artist formerly known as..)Tom, SPetty(and Spetty only!), Ross(otherwise known as Ross)

front row- Eric.(grinnin like a moron), Brady(Mr.9ball II), 9ball(Frooze iz where it's at)girl, Barry(Mr.9ball I), <font color="blue">Pooldaddy9 (1-8 were taken)</font color>, Kato(indian name:StaggersWhenDrunk), Vicki(Mrs.Capone)

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/USOpen04.JPG

quote Eric.:
Jackpot George, RichR, Cassman, Phil in SoFla, Kato muggin for my crappy phone camera.

Rich R.
09-16-2004, 08:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I thought there were more of us in this group pic! Where's Barbara? <hr /></blockquote>
This picture was taken on Sunday, after Barbara left Va.

Eric.
09-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Let me fill in the blanks:

Pic#1: L to R

back row- RedHell(also my driving style), Rich(stop calling me Jimmy Olson)R, Jackpot(you can't see me,but I see you)George, Wally(walks softly but carries a big stick)in Cincy, JMD(not far from home)in VA, Phil(not necessarily)in SoFla, Sactown(the artist formerly known as..)Tom, SPetty(and Spetty only!), Ross(otherwise known as Ross)

front row- Eric.(grinnin like a moron), Brady(Mr.9ball II), 9ball(Frooze iz where it's at)girl, Barry(Mr.9ball I), Kato(indian name:StaggersWhenDrunk), Vicki(Mrs.Capone)

Pic#2 L to R

Jackpot George, RichR, Cassman, Phil in SoFla, Kato muggin for my crappy phone camera.

Eric &gt;the usual suspects

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I thought there were more of us in this group pic!

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/Ccb-04.jpg<hr /></blockquote>My new wallpaper at work! Now I can always see you guys!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif This is the picture that will appear in Inside Pool I believe in the November issue or the one with the US Open, whichever comes first!

Barbara
09-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Well shoot!! JMD in VA, pooltchr, Brian in VA, Rich R, and Mrs Rich R aren't in that picture, either. And I'll tell ya, after all the work Mrs. Rich R did for us at the CCB tourny, she definitely derserves to get into a group shot. Who voted on this pic to be sent to BD?

Didn't anyone get a shot of all of us at the CCB tournament?

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 12:57 PM
JMD in VA is in that pic, right behind me, RichR is in the pic too (next to Brady).

Pooltchr, Brian in VA, you, and Sally from Inside Pool aren't in it 'cause you guys had left already. Sally was probably taking notes on matches.

That's the shot that will get in to Inside Pool because JR took the picture. Of course, I'm guessing that it'll be in Inside Pool like last year.

I guess we all forgot to get a group shot at the CCB tourney. Last year we got the group shot 'cause Paul from Inside Pool was on hand to cover our event.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Wendy,

I wasn't in it either but I'm old news. Besides, you don't have to be in a pic to be a ccber in spirit. Just seeing you guys all togather makes me happy.

Regards,

C.C.~~was asked by a special young girl for my autograph. I'm sending something special to her soon. not much but I think she'll smile and that's what we're all about here.

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey yeah. Now that you mention it, where were you and Roy? I almost would've missed it myself, I just happened to walk up to the conference center when I think Josh told me that we were going to take a group shot. Maybe next year we should all be told in advance, i.e. Sunday, 1 PM in the practice room. JAT

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I saw ras314 in the hallway about noon but I could not track him down when it was picture time.

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:46 PM
What time and day was the pic taken? If I know that I can answer where I was. Can't speak for Roy rthough.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2004, 12:50 PM
I believe it was sometime around 1ish PM?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2004, 01:00 PM
after the first match, around 3:00 pm

Rod
09-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks SPetty, Wendy and Eric for the pictures. Does anyone have any more they'ed like to share? I like seeing people having fun.

Rod

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Oh,

I was incompasitated in my room after loading 6 boxes of the 4 workbooks ea in every box, from Dr. D.' room on a cart on the 5th floor. Transporting them across the parking lot to the booth on a small dolly. That was too much for me as I was in very much pain. I went back, took my pain meds and passed out till Roy came back to the room around 6pm. I could only drag the cart 3 feet at a time on the carpet and going uphill in the parking lot was really tough. I had to have help after I couldn't get over the door jam at the conv ctr. Some big brown guy was kind enough to help me the rest of the way to the booth from the door. What a Godsend this man was. So kind and so caring of this 115lb man pushing this 300lb cart. I'm not ready for something like that still. I did was I was told in appreciation of what I had received. Next time I'll decline.

Regards,

C.C.~~only got sick twice a nite. hope I didn't bother Ras too much.

Brian in VA
09-17-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm sad I was already gone and didn't make the pic but very glad it's now on my computer at work for all to see! Thanks for the pics all!

Next CCB tourney only 51 weeks away!

Brian in VA

ras314
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
I can't remember where I was during the group thing, but I'm really upset at missing Chris's hauling job.

Sort of glad no pic's of me seem to be floating around. Think I found out who I was getting mistook for, some TV guy with a beard. Was darned odd. Specially when I tried to get a game in the Barefoot bar.

Sick at night? Didn't know it.

BTW, I have a bunch of pic's and videos that I haven't looked at yet, just got back to NM. Going to take a while to sort all the stuff out.

SPetty
09-17-2004, 03:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> I can't remember where I was during the group thing, but I'm really upset at missing Chris's hauling job.<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, you and a couple dozen others of us...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Sort of glad no pic's of me seem to be floating around. <hr /></blockquote>Sorry, man. Just waiting for you to get back!
http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/ras314-1.jpg

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/ras314.jpg

... and checking out the Fr-ooze Pops with cueball1950:

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/RasCueball1950.jpg

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Think I found out who I was getting mistook for, some TV guy with a beard. Was darned odd. <hr /></blockquote>Well, you're obviously the spitting image of that Matt Lauer guy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>BTW, I have a bunch of pic's and videos that I haven't looked at yet, just got back to NM.<hr /></blockquote>Glad you made it home O.K. Can't wait to see some of your pics. If you need help with them, let me know.

Barbara
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Glad to hear you made it home, Ras. It was a pleasure to meet ya!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara

ras314
09-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Barbara, Wasn't supposed to be back yet but Ivan changed my plans to visit some friends in the Panama City and Ft Walton, Fla area. Sure glad I don't live down there anymore! And don't own any boats.

The pleasure was all mine.

cueball1950
09-17-2004, 10:34 PM
hopefully next year i will have the banner ready so that we can all stand under it together. maybe on a saturday. as you all know i usually leave on saturday so that i can get home to my wife. we have already discussed it and maybe next year i can stay over on saturday night and leave Sunday. but anyway. i will have the banner made up for us next year.........................................mike

CarolNYC
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not ready for something like that still. I did was I was told in appreciation of what I had received. Next time I'll decline.
<hr /></blockquote>
Hey Chris,
As I recall, you told me Dr. D had financially sponsored you so that you could attend this event-correct?

Forgive me if Im wrong, but I feel your thoughts on this should have been discussed privately!

Carol

Chris Cass
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Well Carol,

I'm not sure what I said that was in any way should be thought of as a degrading nor negative comment. Please tell me what you read out of this.

Regards,

C.C.

CarolNYC
09-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Chris,
You know how much I care for you and I have the deepest compassion for physical inabilities and it saddens me to see, that, you fulfilled a part of a business contract with regret and physical pain! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
While reading your post, Im picturing you trying to transport 300 lbs. of books to a booth,like someone crawling through a desert with no water-why did you make the load so heavy?
Could you not have lightened the load and made 2 or 3 trips?
Im sorry if you felt I implied you made some kind of derogatory statement-when it comes to business contracts, I feel any complications (especially ones that are causing physical pain)are the concerns of the two parties involved-
Thats all-Im sorry you had to do that-I just think you could have done it in a LESS painful way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Carol~just a caring friend!

SPetty
09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'm not ready for something like that still. I did what I was told in appreciation of what I had received. Next time I'll decline.<hr /></blockquote>Y'know, this post still haunts me. Regardless of whether, as CarolNYC pointed out, it should be kept private or not, it was made public, so I just wanted to add something I observed...

I never once saw Chris say or do anything or behave inappropriately as long as he had on that shirt with the Billiards Workbook logo, and every time I saw him, he had on that shirt with the Billiards Workbook logo. His behavior and demeanor were above reproach, and anyone - anyone - would be blessed to have him as their player representative. Even when he was selling the raffle tickets at the CCB tourney - which required him to take time away from having the same fun as the other CCBers in order to fulfill his obligations to his sponsor - he did it willingly and without complaint. He was an outstanding example of a perfect sponsoree. (Earl Strickland would be good to take a clue from Chris' behavior...)

And, although it's really none of our business, I just thought I'd mention that I was surprised and disappointed that, as mentioned in other posts, Chris had only $6 in his pocket for several days while at the USOpen. I can't imagine how something like that could have happened. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif And Chris, dammit, if you're ever in that bad of a situation again, let a few of us know, 'kay? You had enough to worry about without having to worry about a little cash flow problem.

9 Ball Girl
09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Even when he was selling the raffle tickets at the CCB tourney<hr /></blockquote>Did I win???

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>And Chris, dammit, if you're ever in that bad of a situation again, let a few of us know, 'kay?<hr /></blockquote>Yeah! What she said!!!

Wendy~~~Had Chris' back, but Barbara came through... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
09-21-2004, 01:44 PM
What's not to love about all you people.

C.C.~~I could of called my homeboy Jesse and he'd a wired me a thousand on the spot no questions asked but I don't like to owe anyone anything.