PDA

View Full Version : Predator 314 Masse

DeadStrokeMan
09-15-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm *still* waiting to recieve my new Mezz with a Predator 314 shaft. I read quite a few threads that you cannot jump with he predator shaft as it will *eat* the impact.

On that note: How many of you have try soft & hard masse using the 314 ? Success?

SPetty
09-15-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeadStrokeMan:</font><hr> How many of you have try soft &amp; hard masse using the 314? Success? <hr /></blockquote>For the reason that Predator claims to be a low squirt cue (the shaft gets out of the way), I didn't think I could massť using the Predator, and had proven it enough times when I tried.

I mentioned that out loud to Scott Lee, who said something along the lines of "Oh, Horsepucky!" - took my Predator and made a perfect massť.

Now that he's shown me how, I soft massť with my Predator all the time. Works fine.

Ross
09-15-2004, 10:49 AM
You heard right - a Predator 314 will barely jump at all. I'm 100% sure of that, based on experience. I also think it is harder to masse with - but that may just be my imagination. If I'm doing a soft masse shot I switch from my Predator to my break cue or even a house cue.

Ross
09-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Spetty, you posted your reply while I was writing mine. Maybe I need to get Scott up here for a masse lesson!

SPetty
09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>Maybe I need to get Scott up here for a masse lesson! <hr /></blockquote>Or just fly on down here this weekend! He drove up the driveway late last night, but I haven't seen him yet... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Scott Lee
09-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Ross...Ooops ...golly gee...and I drove right through Durham, and spent the night at Candyman's house in Elon just last week! We had some fun shooting at his new local poolroom, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting his lovely wife! Definitely will get ahold of you next time I'm in NC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Ross
09-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Scott, you are in deep doo-doo buddy! If I EVER hear of you passing within 50 miles of Durham again and not stopping by to give a lesson and to shoot some, well, well, uhh..., I'll send Wally to "whup up" on you!

Scott Lee
09-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Ross...Yikes, that is a SERIOUS threat! LOL If I ever need a bodyguard (like CC said), I'd choose Wally in a NY second! LOL
I promise to catch up with ya on the next trip!

Scott
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Rod
09-15-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned that out loud to Scott Lee, who said something along the lines of "Oh, Horsepucky!" - took my Predator and made a perfect massť.

<hr /></blockquote>

That's what I say, Horspucky! LOL Give me a shaft a little firmer than a stiff noodle and I'll masse that pup. ha ha ha