PDA

View Full Version : CCB friends across the country!

Scott Lee
09-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I have to be one of the luckiest people on earth! I get to travel the country, playing and teaching pool, to all manner of (and skilled) individuals. Through this board I have met SO many great people (I like to call all of us "pool kooks"! LOL), many who have become great friends, and others who are almost like family to me! Just on this trip, in the last month, I have had the pleasure of seeing many of you, including Gayle from MD, Pooldaddy9, Frank Glenn, Brian from VA, JMD from VA, Candyman, Pooltcher, Pelican, Cycopath, Deeman and SPetty. I was supposed to go down to FL, but the hurricanes chased me away! Geez, they seem to be chasing me across the south! However, now that I am in NE Texas, I expect I am out of harms way! LOL I am really looking forward to having some fun Saturday night with my Texas friends out at PettyPoint Pool Hall! My eternal gratitude goes out to all you who have offered me a place to stay! Motels do get old, and it is really great to visit my friends in their hometowns. It's just ONE of the things that makes this such a fun place to be, for me! Although many folks say what a "dream job" I have, and how great it would be, traveling alone all the time does get old. Having, and meeting new poolplaying friends, all over the country certainly does have it's benefits! LOL

Thanks again to all of you, and to the rest still waiting to meet me...be patient, I WILL get to you eventually (heck, it took me almost 2 years to catch up with Deeman...of course he kept moving around the country! LOL).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Chris Cass
09-15-2004, 11:59 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

C.C.

Scott Lee
09-15-2004, 12:06 PM
CC...Hey good buddy, I might have missed ya so far this trip (I came east through SD, MN, & WI), but I DID talk to you for a while on Monday, huh? Love ya dude, and I'll see you, Spike, and Heide soon!

Scott
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

9 Ball Girl
09-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Just let me know when you are in the Nu Yawk area.

woody_968
09-15-2004, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> traveling alone all the time does get old. <hr /></blockquote>

Well if ya ever need a road partner let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL

PQQLK9
09-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a tough job but I guess someone has to do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry i missed you when you came through Charlotte.
Petty Point pool room is on my short list of places I want to visit. SPetty posted some nice pictures of the Open so I'm sure I will get to see some of her get-together.

Brian in VA
09-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Scott,

I described you to my wife as "one of those people that you like within moments of meeting." Josh and Larry felt the same way.

Mi casa su casa, mi amigo!

Brian in VA

Tom_In_Cincy
09-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Any West Coast trips in the future?
How about DCC in Jan?

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

CarolNYC
09-15-2004, 02:43 PM
What a nice post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

JMD in VA
09-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Ditto to what all have said. I just got my tape today and can't wait to see it and work on some stuff. It helped me in the CCB tourney at the Open. It helped me win b/c I would not have made some of those shots and helped my partner if it was not for your help. Thanks again. And the next time you are in VA, there's room at my house for you. Thanks again and hope to see you soon. let us know when you are coming through VA!

JMD in VA

pooltchr
09-16-2004, 05:56 AM
Scott,
I know what you mean. Meeting players, teaching the game we love, yeah...it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I have certainly enjoyed the times we have been able to get together, and hope those times will continue. If you ever decide you want to settle down and open a physical location for an academy, I know a place where you could find someone willing to work with you on it.
Take care, my friend.
Steve

Candyman
09-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey Scott! It was a great treat for Candy and me to see you again. My pool buddies ask about you everyday. They were really impressed with you. Not just your pool skills, but your friendlyness and help you offered them. I want to thank you too, for the lesson on deflection and the soft stroke techniques. BTW, the couple playing beside us (Dee and Jenifer) were in a bad auto accident. Dee had shoulder injuries and Jenifer broke her hip. Thank God, they both will make full recoveries. Have fun at RandyG's and Petty Point. See ya next trip. Candyman

Gayle in MD
09-18-2004, 08:30 AM
You are always welcome here my friend. Thanks for helping me with my game. Made a big difference. Will write later, this is somewhat of a test.
Love.
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif