PDA

View Full Version : OK, Give it to me straight!!!

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

For those of you who attended the Open what do you think of my invention? The one I have on my JJ case. Is it cool or what? Did you like it or am I just another crumb short of a cookie? HAHAHAHAHA I wish I had a pic and if I can get Heide to help me out? I'll post one. I have a camera. Please don't let friendship and mannors apply here. I want the the skinny.

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
09-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Chris,

I love what you did to help you carry around your JJ case!! Very inventive!! You should shaow Jack what you did.

Barbara

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the yes vote. LOL I tell ya. I think it's great concidering how heavy the thing is and it glides like butter across any surface.

Off topic, I'd like to thank you personally from the bottom of my heart for paying for dinner for the whole table at the Open dinner. I was in buckets of sweat after inviting Grady and his wife and not to mention only having $6. in my wallet for the thing. You saved me so much embarrassment. Your one of the best friends a guy could ever want. I'm going to do something special for you when I do get a better grip of my cash flow. I know you work for Allen and sometimes the two Grady and him don't see eye to eye. I totally forgot that and you paying for the dinner only shows me and others that. You are a person that puts the little things aside and are your own woman.

Geez, I love you to death girl. You wait, come VF I'll do something special. Thanks for your support in the stands too. I know it was hard having your mentor playing me too. I wouldn't change you for the world. Your the best.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Um, I didn't notice. What invention? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
09-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Sorry Chris, I guess I missed it. Can you describe it to those of us who didn't see it? And pictures would help if you can manage it.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2004, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Um, I didn't notice. What invention? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

He had installed little wheels on the bottom. They were about 1/4" or 3/8" diameter and about 2" lomg (2 of them). The cool thing was they were on a hinge so they folded away after use and were almost invisible.

Eric.
09-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Cass,

I loved it! I wasn't blowin smoke your way when I said that I think there's a market for it. Look what it did for suitcases! I know that it sure beats dragging my 3x6 case around. The best part about it is that it snaps up out of the way if you decide to carry your case ob your shoulder.

Eric &gt;now that's a better mousetrap!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2004, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ... I was in buckets of sweat after inviting Grady and his wife and not to mention only having $6....<hr /></blockquote>

Geez man, why didn't you say something? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think you posted earlier that somebody helped you out. I would have been glad to help too.

I think you know this group would help out a member in a heartbeat, without even a question.

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Oohhhh okay. That is a good idea. I've seen the cases with wheels but mostly on those big a$$ cases that hold over a dozen cues for cue vendors. But I've never seen it on a regular 2x4 or 3x6. Maybe you should patent it!

pooltchr
09-16-2004, 08:29 AM
C.C.
I think it's a great idea. You should seriously consider a patent for the idea. As someone else pointed out, the concept works for luggage, and could very well do the same for cue cases. Build a better mousetrap....
Steve

Rich R.
09-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Chris, as I told you in Va., I really liked your invention and I think you should talk to somebody about marketing it.
I meant what I said.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-16-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Oohhhh okay. That is a good idea. I've seen the cases with wheels but mostly on those big a$$ cases that hold over a dozen cues for cue vendors. But I've never seen it on a regular 2x4 or 3x6. Maybe you should patent it! <hr /></blockquote>

Something like this but quite a bit longer

http://www.tente.de/alle/allgemein/bearing1.jpg

2 of them end to end

datplayer
09-16-2004, 08:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=21211&amp;item=7101473 147&amp;rd=1

Now if you could combine that with this item, then you would really have something!

Jimmy B
09-16-2004, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Everyone,

Please don't let friendship and mannors apply here. I want the the skinny.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!

JB

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Easy now Jack. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll post a pic dude. I think you'll want one or Fred will. It sure beats carrying that monster around for 5 days. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~taking a pic tonight.

Barbara
09-16-2004, 12:04 PM
No sweat CC!! It was my pleasure! I was really impressed with Grady and Randi. I never had the chance to talk with him before and when he started posting I didn't really realize where he was coming from.

I know he has differences with Allen. Fine. I have a few friends that don't get along with each other. Just as long as they don't put me in the middle, I'm cool.

But you really should show JJ those wheels you put on your case. I think he would be really, really impressed.

Barbara

Frank_Glenn
09-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Looked pretty sporty to me. I think you would have a market if the cost isn't too high.

Ross
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Chris, I thought it was pretty cool looking. It was unobtrusive but did the job. I don't know how much of a market there would be though. I think most pool players just carry their case from their car to the poolroom or to their house.

Kato
09-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Very cool idea Chris.

Kato~~~my own .02

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm still waiting Frank. You can pm me or just leave me in the dark. That's up to you but if it were me I'd stop and let me know what's going on.

C.C.~~oh, thanks for the thumbs up.

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Hi Ross,

Have you ever been to Vegas for the nationals? That's a ordeal and if you do these type events I do that last for days and hrs on end you'd know where this comes in very handy. For the one dayers though I tend to agree with you.

Regards,

C.C.~~marathon man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
I wanted to put Spree' on them but that's a bit too much. lol

Thanks for bringing the boys down with you. I enjoyed meeting Jackpot and Bobby. they're really great guys too.

Regards,

C.C.~~brother of Kato. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank_Glenn
09-16-2004, 10:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'm still waiting Frank. You can pm me or just leave me in the dark. That's up to you but if it were me I'd stop and let me know what's going on.

C.C.~~oh, thanks for the thumbs up. <hr /></blockquote>
I emailed you and it bounced. I PM'd you.

SPetty
09-17-2004, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I'll post a pic dude.

C.C.~~taking a pic tonight. <hr /></blockquote>Waiting... Patiently waiting... Still waiting...

Ross
09-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Chris, no I haven't been to any of the Vegas pool tournaments. I would like to go sometime. I'm worried the slots would be calling me though - that is my one vice addiction. I went to Vegas in July and hit jackpots for $3200 and $2000. Came home $2500 up - just a lucky trip.

But I agree, the market for your device would be those players who go to multiday tournaments. Maybe you could get a bunch of those made and set up a booth (or put them on consignment at someone else's booth) at one of those long tourneys and see how they sell. I didn't notice how it attached to the case - could a player buy one and put it on his case right away? If so, a player in the middle of one of these tournaments might be likely to buy one on the spot.

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:36 PM
LOL Hi Ross,

I don't look to market anything. I'm just having fun. I think it looks cool and it's a good way to relieve my back and shoulder pain. I just wanted to see what others thought about it. I like inventing things in my spare time and don't look to get rich and I wouldn't be too much fun if I did. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~it would cost too much to make and the cost to sell would be high. the key to all this type stuff is it must be low in manufacturing costs in order to sell. I know you know that but I figure it would have to sell for like $25. lol

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Hi SPetty,

Well, I took the pics and it's up to Heide to post them. I hope I didn't mess up too bad. I'm terrible with taking pics with this digital. I haven't taken a good one yet and still don't know how to stop the flash. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~will talk Heide into it tonight if she will forgive me for yesterday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
09-17-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I took the pics ... <hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

If you want to email the pics to me, I can post them for you. I can't wait to see this thing. In the meantime, can you describe what it is? I've surmised it's some kind of wheels that attach to your case?

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi SPetty,

It's 2 barings attatched by a bolt with 2 spacers and is spring loaded on a duhickey that comes down once you push in the realease in the middle. It locks in place and has some give but is extremely sturdy and slams down like a mousetrap. It makes it so easy to roll and never tips over unless you've had too many Tiqillas. hahahaha

I'll have Heide email the pics.

C.C.~~hahahha

Rod
09-17-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C.C.~~will talk Heide into it tonight if she will forgive me for yesterday.
<hr /></blockquote>

OOPS /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Hey CC don't know what it looks like obviously, there's no pictures!! ha ha ha ha ha I have an idea though. They make little urathane rollers that would work very well. See them here- Rollers (http://www.polydrive.com/stdrollers.htm) . I thought about using three of them in a setup like rip made for spinning shafts. They are more secure/stable and i'm sure wouldn't harm wood. I'd still have to, or like to, devise a steady rest for for cutting down tips. Steady rest (something Rip doesn't know what it is) LOL. At any rate I just bought a 9" X 20" lathe so I won't be doing that. It still would help those that might want to do it though.

You know Chris with small wheels on a cue case, I'd always be turning it over. Hell I've had two cars with 4 big wheels and managed to turn them over!!

~~rod, wild and crazy guy, er well I use to be

SPetty
09-20-2004, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> It's 2 bearings attached by a bolt with 2 spacers and is spring loaded on a dohickey that comes down once you push in the release in the middle. It locks in place and has some give but is extremely sturdy and slams down like a mousetrap. It makes it so easy to roll and never tips over unless you've had too many Tequilas. hahahaha<hr /></blockquote>
Oh, like this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/casewheels1.jpg
http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/casewheels2.jpg
Looks pretty cool to me!

Chris Cass
09-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks SPetty,

That screw looking like thing in the middle with the nut on the end is the spring loaded device you push in and wack. It comes down and locks in place. lol It also locks in the up position.

So, wonder what everyone thinks now? Pretty cool?

Regards,

C.C.~~hhhahahahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimS
09-21-2004, 05:13 AM
Very cool item Chris. Where did you pirate the mechanism from? I can't picture what it would have been on before you added it to the cue case.

Chris Cass
09-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Hi Jim,

I stoled it from off your new truck bud. HAHAHAHA See you at the expo and tell you all about it.

Regards,

C.C.~~working on the standing model. Also, my new invention, "The Laser Ring" this you wear on your finger while your checking the rack. Waving your hand over the rack the light shines down so even us old blind guys can see the gaps. lol