PDA

View Full Version : Hey Barb

Jimmy B
09-16-2004, 02:46 PM
What's the scooooop?? Have you ordered the Justis or did you spend all the case money on CCB dinner :-) What a gal! If it's ordered (even if it's not) fill us in on the details, what color?? What features???

JB

Barbara
09-16-2004, 03:27 PM
No Jimbo, JJ wasn't there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This stinks as I'll have to try and make an educated choice with the little free time I have during the Expo. I hate shopping under a time constraint. I get so frustrated, sometimes I just blow it off. Plus it would help if SPetty's there. I had planned to do the shopping with her cause she has good taste I can appreciate.

So Maybe I'll get to the Expo early Wednesday and grab JJ's book of cases and peruse. Aargh!! I hate being rushed.

Ok course, any pics of JJ cases out there by their owners would be appreciative. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Barbara~~~pics please, pretty, pretty please... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rip
09-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Jack will be in Vegas in November for the Open at the Plaza Hotel and said he's bringing 15 cases to display. One of the 15 is already spoken for /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Regards,
Rip

Barbara
09-17-2004, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Jack will be in Vegas in November for the Open at the Plaza Hotel and said he's bringing 15 cases to display. One of the 15 is already spoken for /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Regards,
Rip <hr /></blockquote>

Rip,

Do me a favor and take some pics of the cases he's bringing.

Barbara

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi Barbara,

His site has pics and there's nothing but colors and fabric to choose from. If you want a carry a jump cue then get the 16" pouch. Gold accents are brass in color and hold up well and mine are combined so, that isn't bad looking either.

His tooling is very nice and you don't really need the extra. You could live without the strap pad but I like the pad. Take and build your case by what you like and then look and add the prices. From there eliminate what you don't really need. All the cases he makes look great and it doesn't need to have all the goodies to make it special. He does such beautiful work it really doesn't matter.

I spent $600. however, the case starts out at $345. I think. $400. is good enough. You do need to make the pouch your first priority. The colors is next. Cory' is grey and blk lid. His looked plain but plain is not plain believe me. lol

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
09-17-2004, 06:59 AM
Chris,

What's the website addy?

Barbara

Rich R.
09-17-2004, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>If you want a carry a jump cue then get the 16" pouch. <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, regardless of color and other extras, which are personal, I highly recommend getting both a small and a large pouch on the case. It is amazing how fast they fill up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Here is an example from Jack's web site.

http://members.aol.com/jjustis4/images/gallery/allison_lo.jpg

Check mine out, the next time we are together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
09-17-2004, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>If you want a carry a jump cue then get the 16" pouch. <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, regardless of color and other extras, which are personal, I highly recommend getting both a small and a large pouch on the case. It is amazing how fast they fill up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, I definitely need two pouches! Rich - Hagerstown, November 6/7th. Hope to see you there!

Barbara

Rich R.
09-17-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hagerstown, November 6/7th. Hope to see you there! <hr /></blockquote>
It's on my calendar and I hope to make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Well,

Tack on an extra $150. It's $50. an 8" pouch and I think you might get the one for free but I don't remember. Maybe it's $100. extra so far. That'll put you at $445. so far.

Regards,

C.C.~~has one 16" pouch and laser lettering at I think $4. a letter. still looking for the website Barbara.

SPetty
09-17-2004, 12:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> still looking for the website<hr /></blockquote>Sorry, didn't know you were looking...

http://members.aol.com/jjustis4/

Barbara
09-17-2004, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> http://members.aol.com/jjustis4/ <hr /></blockquote>

Drool City!!!

Barbara~~~decisions, decisions, decisions...

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks SPetty,

Ok mine has this on it.

2x4 case $370.
Laser lettering $44.
S.W. custom logo on lid $50.
Gold Accents $30.
2 Diamond Inlays on pocket $80.
2 Pockets $80.
Shoulder Pad $30.

It's a bit more now because when I bought mine the price for a 2x4 was $345. I know it seems expensive to many but I did this for two reasons. One is that my cues are worth so much money and I couldn't see having a Stealth in something like a JJustis and the other being that I would save in the long run on replacing the $300. ones twice as much. So far I have done 2 tuneups a yr and the case looks good. I have Heide do thwe gold leaf in the groves as that wore down quickly and she's also has redone the tubes twice with material that I liked better and both times I really didn't need to have the tubes done. That was a cosmetic thing for me. I have changed out the lids once already but that was done due to wear. That was $50. and I had the logo also replaced. Probably do that again soon and put a Boti logo there. Not sure yet.

Regards,

C.C.~~I think mine was like $600. total there has been little changes in price. Jack is really great at doing things right and I think is one of the best business men in the business world in customer satisfaction. JMHO

Barbara
09-17-2004, 01:27 PM
So far I want a 2x4, maybe my name lasered, extra tooling, shoulder strap, an 8" and a 16" pocket, and maybe Barry's logo - if he'll let me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But as to what color leather, I just don't know. I want it to compliment my cue which is black/red/black/white veneers over ebony points. I have to think about this. I'll have to look at what he's got with him and his book.

Hurry up and get here, Expo!!!

Barbara

Doctor_D
09-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Good afternoon Barbara:

Give Jack Justis a call. Before I ordered my case we spent a significant amount of time designing and reviewing the design prior to his building the case. The man is an artist and will build your case to your liking ...

Dr. D.

Jimmy B
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> So far I want a 2x4, maybe my name lasered, extra tooling, shoulder strap, an 8" and a 16" pocket, and maybe Barry's logo - if he'll let me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But as to what color leather, I just don't know. I want it to compliment my cue which is black/red/black/white veneers over ebony points.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

I'd say one of my favorites is

http://members.aol.com/jjustis4/images/gallery/jimbo_hi.jpg

But I could be biased ;-)

JB

Rich R.
09-18-2004, 04:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> But as to what color leather, I just don't know. <hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, I think you need one of the cases Jack has made out of Zebra skin,
with the hair still on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
09-18-2004, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
But as to what color leather, I just don't know. I want it to compliment my cue which is black/red/black/white veneers over ebony points. <hr /></blockquote> IMO, you should get something pretty. If you go with something traditional to match your traditional cue, IMO, that would be too bland for you. As much as I like traditional, girl, you ain't traditional.

Make it pop, like green or blue suede. Or fuscia.

Fred

Barbara
09-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Fred,

Check this out. I was thinking about a black case, with diamond insets on the pockets and the insets would be red leather and bordered by white instead of the gold he shows.

Or, a red leather case with black diamond insets... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara~~~trying to figure out what Fred meant by "you ain't traditional"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif