PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on Brunswick GC virsus any Olhausen

Mookie08
09-16-2004, 10:51 PM
I write today to hopefully resolve a family squabble which has been going on for some time. I am an avid Brunswick fan while a relative is an avid Olhausen van. If I could get some replies as to the better table the Brunswick GC apposed to any Olhasen it would be appreciated. We are both strong believers so your opinions would be very helpful. Thank you in advance -Mookie08- <font color="purple"> </font color> <font color="purple"> </font color> !!! <font color="brown"> </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
09-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Olhausen = very good

Brunswick GC = very, very good

Just from what I've heard. I don't think I've ever played on an Olhausen but I figured you deserved an answer, even though this question has been asked a thousand times here.

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Hi Mookie,

Brunswick has been the best for many yrs. Olhausen is number 1 in sales and is cheaper in price for the home table user. Brunswick has a commercial use that has been number 1 for a century.

Diamond is the new age and soon will command the market for the next century. Diamond combines the commercial and the home table market with their strong and beautiful look that looks the same after 2 yrs as if it rolled off the showroom floor.

There's other tables on the market that are extremely well taken but you can count on all these tables to do more than what your needs ask for. So, although I'm not much help just take your pick. Your arguement is the differeces between apples and oranges imho.

Regards,

C.C.

bobroberts
09-17-2004, 08:19 AM
There is no clear distinctive answer.Its what makes the world go round.One likes Ford one G.M. one Toyota.Whos to say which is best.The only difference is upgrades like 1 1/4 in. slate or better wood or ivory inlays and so on.It all comes down to personal prefence.Connelly makes a fine table too.Peter Vitalie if you want a beautiful piece of furniture besides a damn good playing table.
I hope it puts your argument to bed.
later
Bob

Bob_Jewett
09-17-2004, 11:06 AM
I don't much experience with Olhausens, but here are some points you might want to consider about GCs in a Usenet post (http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=formica%20that%20wears)

ryushen21
09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I'll go ahead and chime in here. I have played on a lot of different tables and my preference is Olhausen, Diamond in a close second. I'll agree with Chris because Diamonds are gonna take over a lot of business soon.

Since you didn't really give an Olhausen table to compare directly it makes things a little difficult. Because i honestly think that an Olhausen Champion Pro beats a GC anyday. But that is my preference. GC can be a bit of a hassle in terms of repairs and recoverings.

But that is all my opinion.

tateuts
09-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I will speak from experience. I have an Olhausen.

It's like that old joke, Olhausen look good, feel bad. Gold Crown look bad, feel good. Diamond look good, feel good.

Seriously, any table can be set up to play great. I just had my Olhausen rails changed out to German rubber - and it plays like a dream. The rails make the table.

Chris

JimS
09-18-2004, 04:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>
It's like that old joke, Olhausen look good, feel bad. Gold Crown look bad, feel good. Diamond look good, feel good.

I have a Diamnd. CC and tateuts are right. If I didn't have a Diamond I'd have a GC because that's what so many halls use and if I leave the house to play it would be nice to be playing on the same table I have at home. Olhausen's are good tables. I almost bought one when I got my first table but I liked the Brunswick dealer better. I compared the tables very thoroughly and couldn't find enough difference to make a difference to me.