PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cues

runout1962
09-17-2004, 01:21 PM
I am investigating retiring my Schon and Predator and investing in a custom cue. Have looked at DP and Josey. I am most interested in the best hitting custom made. Have been unable to find a South West home page.

Anyone now how to contact South West. And, does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with any of the custom cue makers?

landshark77
09-17-2004, 01:33 PM
South West contact info:

Laurie Franklin
swcue@aol.com

4608 Nolan Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89107

Phone: 702-870-9615

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Runout,

I think you'll need to wait 7yrs but if I were you I'd look into a Dan Dishaw cue. If you like the hit of the Schon you won't like the S.W. hit.

Regards,

C.C.~~jmho

Jimmy B
09-17-2004, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1962:</font><hr> I am investigating retiring my Schon and Predator and investing in a custom cue. Have looked at DP and Josey. I am most interested in the best hitting custom made. Have been unable to find a South West home page.

Anyone now how to contact South West. And, does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with any of the custom cue makers? <hr /></blockquote>

SW doesn't have a web-site and doesn't need one, I would also add that I think 7 years is also a bit of a dream, I'd guess it may take longer then that unless some things change and I doubt that will happen. I could be wrong but I doubt it and I'll prolly be dead before anyone can prove me wrong. There are many not so well known guys who are doing good work right now many post or lurk here. I'd say go with a local guy that you can work with and visit to talk over your needs and also watch the progress, it's always a fun thing to do. Some guys who come to mind would be Barry Cameron, Mike Webb, Sheldon Lebow, Sherm Adamson, Thierry Layani, Blackheart, Bluegrass, Mark Bear, Madison Bob, Paul Fanelli, Skip Weston Bryan Mordt the list goes on and on, where are you from and what type of cue are you looking for? (Joint, design, price)

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Also checl out www.cuemakers.org (http://www.cuemakers.org) this is the site for the American Cuemakers Association.

DG

ryushen21
09-17-2004, 07:51 PM
I would recommend Pete Ohman (Omen Cues). He'll work with you and the cues are great. Oh, i would wait until hurricane season is over though. My cue got delayed thanks to those damn storms!

tateuts
09-17-2004, 08:42 PM
I recommend just buying this cue and save yourself a lot of time and money. The seller comes highly recommended:

Tim Scruggs Cue (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=21212&amp;item=7102702 668&amp;rd=1&amp;ssPageName=WDVW)

Chris

Pizza Bob
09-18-2004, 05:59 AM
Don't know where you are (geographically) but I'd go somewhere where I could hit with various custom cues and see what I like. The Midwest Expo is coming up and Valley Forge isn't that far off. We've all said it - hit is subjective, it pays to be able to try a cue.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

woody_968
09-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Last I heard Southwest was up to an 8yr waiting period. If that is what you really want check out Indy Cue Shop (http://www.indyq.com/custom/southwest/index.html) He is in Indianapolis IN and sells lots of Southwest cues. I was in his shop a couple weeks ago, the guy has an incredible inventory of cues by all types of high end makers.

If you are looking for alternatives, check out Madison Bob Cues (http://www.madisonbobs.com/) these are some of the best cues I have ever played with.

Good luck, I hope you find the cue you are looking for /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
09-18-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1962:</font><hr> I am most interested in the best hitting custom made.<hr /></blockquote>No such thing. Most of the top cue makers make great cues. You'll need to hit with one to see if you like it. What type of feel/sound are you looking for?

[ QUOTE ]
Have been unable to find a South West home page.<hr /></blockquote> They don't have one. South West is just getting to the orders that were placed 7 1/2 years ago. So, if you ordered one today, you're probably looking at ... 10 years?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone now how to contact South West.<hr /></blockquote> There's always eBAy along with the dealers and brokers like Vincent Tedesco (new), Joe Salazar, Scott Murphy (pre-owned) etc.

[ QUOTE ]
And, does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with any of the custom cue makers? <hr /></blockquote> Yes. Both.

Fred