PDA

View Full Version : Trophies for next year's CCB Tournament

Harold Acosta
09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
OK guys, I'm anticipating next year's CCB Tournament and I would like to propose the following:

I will pay for the First and Second Prize trophies but someone will have to order them in the U.S. I'll pick the tab and will send either a money order, paypal or wire transfer.

If possible, the trophies should be small replicas or shape as those of the real US Open plaques.

What do you guys think?

Who would be the volunteer?

I hope that Barry Behrman does not have any objections to my suggestion.

Harold Acosta - President Puerto Rican Federation
(Federacion Puertorriqueña de Billar)

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

Jimmy B
09-17-2004, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> If possible, the trophies should be small replicas or shape as those of the real US Open plaques.

What do you guys think?

Harold Acosta - President Puerto Rican Federation
(Federacion Puertorriqueña de Billar)

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

That would be real cool, it might make me drive down for that, then I'd have to cheat to win with that crazy format. Does anyone care if I come down and cheat next year??

JB

dg-in-centralpa
09-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Only if I get first place and you get second.lol

DG - will try my best to be there

Barbara
09-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Mini-replicas of the US Open trophies?? That would be way too cool, Harold!! I hope Barry won't mind, either!!

Damn!! I'll have to practice now!!

Barbara

Brian in VA
09-17-2004, 02:32 PM
If those are the trophies I saw, wood plaque in the shape of the US, I can probably make those. I made some like them for the VA State 9 Ball champs that JMD put on in July. Be glad to do it, too!

Brian in VA

Chris Cass
09-17-2004, 03:21 PM
There's no way to cheat unless, the lights go out.lol

C.C.~~no need just laughed the entire time it was so much fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
09-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeap! It's a wood plaque in the shape of the US with a gold metal plaque where the inscription goes. If you can do that, then it's settled. I'll pay for them.

Harold

cueball1950
09-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Harold.... what a wonderful idea my friend. but please let me pay for the trophies as i have since the first ccb tournament. it is always my honor to do this. Better yet. lets split the cost. this way we both have something to be proud of....................................mike

Harold Acosta
09-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey Mike, no problem with me.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-18-2004, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> If those are the trophies I saw, wood plaque in the shape of the US, I can probably make those. I made some like them for the VA State 9 Ball champs that JMD put on in July. Be glad to do it, too!

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

You're a good man Brian. Just take that 8-ball tie off before you fire up the bandsaw /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I know you've been wearing it since last Saturday /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any way to incorporate a CCB logo in those? Maybe one of the pins from this year?

Brian in VA
09-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I had to take the tie off, my wife wouldn't let me wear it to bed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

With an entire year to come up with a design, I'm sure I can incorporate the CCB logo and the pins into the trophies. I promise to make them out of some nice wood, get the engraving done and Harold and Mike want to pay for them so I'll let you guys know how much. I'm thinking two or three thousand ought to cover it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'll give you an idea after I've got a design in hand.

Brian in VA - the tie looks good with just about any outfit or no outfit at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ross
09-19-2004, 08:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>
Brian in VA - the tie looks good with just about any outfit or no outfit at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Too much information!

SPetty
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>Brian in VA - the tie looks good with just about any outfit or no outfit at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>Too much information! <hr /></blockquote>Quite the contrary... This is not enough, and pictures are needed in order to get enough information! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-20-2004, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Quite the contrary... This is not enough, and pictures are needed in order to get enough information! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Ah yes, we do think alike... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> I promise to make them out of some nice wood...

Brian in VA - the tie looks good with just about any outfit or no outfit at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>I don't know if you have a full wood working shop, but I'd love to provide you some good oak boards or some cedar if you prefer, to be used for these things. It's not "kiln dried" though, but should be fully seasoned in a year, right?

We have a sawmill and trees that we cut, so I can get you plain looking wood or swirly looking or special knotholes or whatever. Thick or thin oak or cedar boards. PM me if you want to consider it.

Oh, and I just left that last part in the quote because I'm enjoying the visual... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

JMD in VA
09-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I think we are gonna use some 120 year old VA Walnut. The same wood we used on my State Tournament Trophies. If Brian wants to.

JMD in VA

Brian in VA
09-21-2004, 05:49 AM
SPetty and 9BG,
The tie is just long enough.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have quite a woodworking shop. I think I'd like to try a couple of different species of wood; pm me with what you have available and I'll start doodling some designs. Oak, walnut and cedar all look good together but there are others that look great, too.

All smiles!

Brian in VA