PDA

View Full Version : Damage from Ivan.

cycopath
09-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Did anyone else get damage from Hurricane Ivan?

The eye passed right on top of us, but luckily enough (read as Thank the Lord) we didn't recieve any extensive damage. A lot of clean has to be done around my place but other than a few missing shingles everything's fine.

Just curious if anyone else on the board felt the effects of Ivan the Terrible.

Barbara
09-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Glad to hear you made it through it relatively unscathed. up in the Northeast we're getting the end tail of Ivan's winds and it's been raining all day.

Anyone hear from Pelican and how he's doing?

Barbara

pooljunkie73
09-18-2004, 01:47 PM
My girlfriend lives in Western North Carolina, I haven't heard from her in a week. I know their was alot of flooding after the first storm that went through, I hope she is ok after this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Glad to hear everything is ok with you, cycopath.

Kent Mc.

landshark77
09-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Up here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV (near DC) we had LOTS of rain, flooding, and even a few tornados (yes tornados in the Mountain State /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif). Apparently one touched down on I-81 and it was closed last night. One whole section of town is blocked off due to the tornado still. It is very hard to believe it was still destructive being that it was inland for several states.

Barbara, FYI- there some threads on AZ about Pelican. ( here (http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=7339) and here (http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=7352) )

dg-in-centralpa
09-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Here where I live(Lebanon,PA), we've had lots of rain, with minor flooding all around. Nothing major but lots of basements and roads. Penn State had 6-8 inches last night. Some of the main roads are now flooded and 100k plus football fans will have to take a detour.

DG - ah ha oh no don't let the rains come down....a pat on the back to anyone who can guess this song and artist

Vagabond
09-19-2004, 06:29 AM
I heard that the historical Flor-bama bar was washed out.I played few gamesof pool there in 1984 and what a wonderfull place it was.
Hi,Barbara,
I read some where that Pelican is safe.I think Cycopath is Pelican`s son.
Hope there will not be another disaster like this.
Vagabond

cycopath
09-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Pelican (aka Dad) is A-Ok.

I heard the Flora-Bama is gone...

As well as the Pink Pony Pub. This is just hear say at this point though.

No one but property owners or people that work on the island are allowed on so far.

Barbara
09-20-2004, 07:02 AM
We had some pretty torrential rains on Sautrday from Ivan and yesterday the Delaware River at low tide was higher than it normally is at high tide. We checked on our boat and Pete had to retie the dock lines.

High tide was at 6 pm last night and we came back from a party early to recheck the boat. When we pulled into the marina parking lot, the boats were as high as the parking lot! The ramp *down* to the dock was actually on an uphill climb - something I've never seen before but Pete did after Isabel's aftermath last year. Further down the river it had overflowed its banks. The river was probably 10 feet higher than normanl. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Barbara

Deeman2
09-20-2004, 08:55 AM
Gald to hear that Pelican and everyone else made it through o.k. My parents in Auburn got some wind damage but, fortunately, they were spared the South Alabama damage. Do you know if they totally lost Flora-Bama? I was there a few months ago and would hate to see it gone forever.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Deeman

cycopath
09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Pelican says he has seen some pictures of the Bama and it's still there but in very bad disrepair. John Edd Thompson, our local weather guy, said a couple of sheets of plywood and it will be back as good as it was before. Which isn't very good...

I do hate it for Joe, the guy that owns the Flora-Bama, but the place was really pretty much a dump. I have only been there a couple of times, just "showing it off" to curious visitors. In fact I don't go to Gulf Shores and the like very often at all. The local police and politicians drove off the locals years ago, with curfews and noise ordinances. Gulf Shores was a great place 15 years ago, a lot of fun. I have many fond memories from there way back when, but now...

P.S. Deeman, if you ever make it back down let me know. We could get there and hit a few.