PDA

View Full Version : schon.......ivory?

N8ball
09-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey.....quick response would be appreciated....if anyone knows if the schon CX series cues come with real ivory?....like inlays? specifically the CX24 model? .....i went to a description and it said ivory this and that....but im not sure if its real.

this is the site i saw that from.
http://www.insidepool.com/order/product_info.php/cPath/44_157/products_id/1192

thanx a lot guys /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate

cueball1950
09-19-2004, 12:20 AM
well i just went to that site and they indeed say it was ivory inlays. so i would assume that they are indeed ivory since schon has a great reputation and stand behind their cues. If you are thinking of buting it. i would say go for it.........................................mike

N8ball
09-19-2004, 12:25 AM
wow.....thanks for the quick reply.......I'll hope ur still there to answer this question....since id like to get a second opinion.... Is the CX series the lowest schon? because i have a guy that can get these at cost....its incredible really, and i hate to pass up the opportunity....in the catalog he only had the CX series, but i was looking at some LTD ones that i might like a lil better......for not really any more money.. id assume buying a cue that is retailed at 1349$ it would be real ivory...

nate

N8ball
09-19-2004, 12:31 AM
also, i found on another site that they describe that cue as having ivory inlays........but in another cue..(an STL) they list it as having "elephant ivory".....?

Jimmy B
09-19-2004, 12:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote N8ball:</font><hr> id assume buying a cue that is retailed at 1349$ it would be real ivory...

nate <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Nate my opinion is if you plan to buy a cue for $1,000 or $800 which is prolly right around where that cue wholesales you'd do better to buy a custom cue from one of the new guys making cues now, I posted a list in another thread this week with guys like Mike Webb, Barry Cameron, Madison Bob, Bryan Mordt and Blackheart. I am sure for 1k you can get a very nice cue from these guys and the chances of it going up in value will be much higher then a Schon.

JB

cueball1950
09-19-2004, 12:40 AM
that question i cannot answer. but the price seems like it is not their cheapest series. but if a friend can get it wholesale for you then i would not hesitate cuz then you could always recoup your money. you figure wholesale has to be about 1/3 to 1/4 cheaper than retail........mike

N8ball
09-19-2004, 12:50 AM
right cueball. if i dont like it....which i know i will...ive shot with numerous schons with the 314 shaft that i ordered with it.....but if whatever case i need the money i can sell it for what i got it for easy. Custom cue.......its tempting. But i really dont know what kind id get. Custom cues shot with: Adam Franks, and samsara. they were ok...great hit and all. Id hate to spend that kind of money and realize its not what i want. And resale value......i guess i dont see a cue as an investment.. I buy it for myself with hardly any intent to ever sell it. I love my 150$ mcdermott that i first for when i was 17 as much as any schon or custom just because i get attached to things. I bought 2 cues (a joss and some no namer that seems to be built well) for a steal of a price thinking if i dont want em i can sell em. Well i sure dont need them, but i just like them. I think im destined to be a collector /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry about all the questions.....hope u guys dont charge for time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif if i order a predator shaft 5/16 - 14 with a ring.......will that fit a schon? i assume it would but in the book it had an * by schon and said to check thread and something about making it fit right? they are all the same or no?

thanks a LOT.....

Nate-grateful

PQQLK9
09-19-2004, 05:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote N8ball:</font><hr> also, i found on another site that they describe that cue as having ivory inlays........but in another cue..(an STL) they list it as having "elephant ivory".....? <hr /></blockquote>
Well ain't "elephant ivory the real deal?"or do elephants have fake ivory /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
The Schon CX line is a line of cues that they build for a certain distributor (CueStix) while the STL line is their standard line.

I have a Schon LTD and yes the silver ring 314 matches it perfectly. I have played with several custom cues but my Schon hits the best for ME. (could be that Limbsaver X-1 doo-hicky I put on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
www.schoncues.com. (http://www.schoncues.com.)

tateuts
09-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Schons only use "high integrity" material. All of their white inlays are ivory, all of their black, ebony. This has been true of every Schon I know of since they started making them.

Chris