PDA

View Full Version : What about the Midwest Expo?

Karatemom
09-20-2004, 05:11 AM
Ok, you New Englander's have had your say about VF next year, LOL, but being a Midwesterner, I'm excited about the upcoming Midwest Expo. I don't know of any plans for a CCB get-together or anything, but would be delighted to see some old faces and new ones. I will be participating in the women's 8 ball, CC will be in the 8 ball and probably 9 ball as well, and Spike will be in the juniors. We'll be there from Thursday through Sunday. Is anyone here planning on attending or competing?

Heide

onepocketchump
09-20-2004, 05:16 AM
I'll be there. I won't compete as it is too much for me to play and do business at the same time. I would love to meet any CCB'ers who want to stop by the Fury booth. Ask for John Barton.

I don't know that I really qualify for the CCB keychain yet but I'll be there :-))

John

Perk
09-20-2004, 05:32 AM
I will be there. Was planning on playing in the 8ball, but havent sent in my entry yet. Not sure if its closed yet...may just play in some mini's. We are set to be there Thursday through Sunday. Definately would like to meet some other CCB's while there.....

Its only 3 weeks away now.....

dmgwalsh
09-20-2004, 06:14 AM
I will be there some time during the weekend. I won't be playing but I'll be bumming around buying stuff and spectating. Is CC going to be there? Woody, are you coming?
Iowa Mike? I know Doozie is entered in nine and eight.

rukiddingme
09-20-2004, 06:17 AM
I'll be there spectating on Saturday. Can't wait to see you all and sure hope to watch Spike in the Juniors.
ruk

haywood
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm planning on being there for a couple of days, probably Friday and Saturday.

Chris Cass
09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi Dennis,

I'm going to be there too. I'll be competeing in the 8 and the 9 ball events. I'm a bit sad because the Open spoiled me. I want to play the pro/am event on the 9 fts. I just can't shake the Open off. I never had such a good time in my life losing. I know next yr I'm going to cash. Well, I think I will. lol One out the money isn't bad though and I played some good players too. Man that Niels has some good eyes.

Anyway, do to the cost of all three of us playing and the room I've decided the best thing is to play the bar tables. Well, at least they're on Diamonds. That's the closest to the 9 ft you could get. imho

I wish we had some 9 ball tourneys out here. It's all bar tables and the more and more I play it. I'm really thinking it's just not pool. You know I've always said, it's the difference between the short game and the long but, I'm finding it's just not pool, to me. I don't know? Whatever.

See you soon D,

C.C.

John in NH
09-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi Heide,

I don't know very much about Valley Forge, even though I'm from New England the timing wasn't quite right. I am looking forward to playing in the 8 ball and 9 ball events in Chicago even though I've never had the opportunity to play pool on 7 foot tables, this will be a first for me, I hope that I will be able to adjust to that style of play.

My wife and I will be arriving on Wednesday and plan to stay through Sunday, we will be heading back home early Monday morning.

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of your family as well as other CCB'ers.

Good Luck

John

JimS
09-21-2004, 05:29 AM
Since my daughters live within a stone's throw from Pheasant Run I'll be coming by but I dont' know exactly when. It depends on my business and when I can get away. I haven't picked up a cue since Jan 29 so I doubt I'll play.....and even if I entered I wouldn't "play" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What are the dates?...the weekend of Oct 9 & 10?..is that it?

dmgwalsh
09-21-2004, 07:04 AM
It starts Thursday October 7 and ends October 10. Maybe people can get together for a cocktail if they're not busy playing. I'm aiming to be there Saturday.

woody_968
09-21-2004, 07:21 AM
I have not yet decided if I will be there, nothin like waitin till the last minute /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dooziexx
09-21-2004, 08:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dmgwalsh:</font><hr> It starts Thursday October 7 and ends October 10. Maybe people can get together for a cocktail if they're not busy playing. I'm aiming to be there Saturday. <hr /></blockquote>

Dennis,
It actually starts on Wednesday Oct. 6th. with the Banks and 1 hole event. I just sent me entry fee in for the 9ball open and 8ball open. I would love to meet you guys at the event....Would finally put some faces and names together..

Mr Ingrate
09-21-2004, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Ok, you New Englander's have had your say about VF next year, LOL, but being a Midwesterner, I'm excited about the upcoming Midwest Expo. I don't know of any plans for a CCB get-together or anything, but would be delighted to see some old faces and new ones. I will be participating in the women's 8 ball, CC will be in the 8 ball and probably 9 ball as well, and Spike will be in the juniors. We'll be there from Thursday through Sunday. Is anyone here planning on attending or competing?
Heide <hr /></blockquote>
Hi Heide,

I'll be there for the Mid-East (I'm not geographically challenged) Expo working the open and women's singles for 8-ball and 9-ball. Joanne is comming with me. She was born in Chicago and has lots of friends she wants to visit.

Barbara
09-21-2004, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Hi Heide,

I'll be there for the Mid-East (I'm not geographically challenged) Expo working the open and women's singles for 8-ball and 9-ball. Joanne is comming with me. She was born in Chicago and has lots of friends she wants to visit. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Dave!!

I just did my bar league's schedule (yeah, they suckered me in this year, apparantly winning by 31 games wasn't enough for them last year) with your league software!! Thank you VERY MUCH!! It was soooooo easy!!

Good luck at the Expo!!

Barbara

Mr Ingrate
09-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Barbara,

Glad it worked for you. It is just a series of schedules using .PDF files that you can fill out and print. I am slowly working on my NEW Pool League Director software, but there is no release date at present. I'm getting some activity with a couple of major events for my Pool Tournament Director software and that is keeping me a bit busy.

Bob
09-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

The dates are approaching real quick, and I gotta tell you all I am beat! Wow what a busy past couple of weeks for us here.
I can't tell you how much both Bob and I appreciate the support many members of this group have shown us over the years. We will continue too bring you the best possible events that all can participate in.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Many thanks again,

Bob and Eydie

Karatemom
09-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Jim, it's about time we meet. BTW, we have a mutual acquaintance. You know Zack Thiel? He's been my boss for almost a year now. Unfortunately, he is not with our company anymore, but he is one heck of a nice guy.

I'm looking forward to finally meeting you.

Heide

JimS
09-22-2004, 05:06 AM
Recently my wife quit her job and came to work with me and what does she do? She took off for a 2 week trip with her daughter and new granddaughter! Well.....I'm going to punish her by taking some time off for the Midwest Open and maybe even get to the Derby thingee next Jan.

I'll be wearing my CCB key chain fob and watching the schedules to see when you guys are playing. I'm planning on being there for part of the day on Thurs, Fri &amp; Sat. Sunday is the birthday party for two grandsons so I guess I'll have to make a decision..... pool tournament or grandsons birthday party....hmmmm. The grandsons will have more b-days...I should go to the tournament. Right? Right!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
09-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Nope,

Family first, pool second.

See you sometime at the expo,

C.C.

Fasteddy7
09-25-2004, 06:20 AM
I'll be there wed through sunday. Is there a meeting someplace??

Karatemom
09-25-2004, 06:39 AM
There isn't a meeting planned as far as I know. I would think though that a lot of us will be around the tournament table, or the brackets if they had it set up like last year. I look forward to meeting you, and everyone else.

Heide

JimS
09-25-2004, 06:44 AM
I need a link to their website. I saved it in my email but can't find it now /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Karatemom
09-25-2004, 07:03 AM
www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net)

See ya soon, Jim!

Heide

Perk
09-25-2004, 06:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> There isn't a meeting planned as far as I know. I would think though that a lot of us will be around the tournament table, or the brackets if they had it set up like last year. I look forward to meeting you, and everyone else.

Good thing we have some PINs floating around....will have mine on my case...See everyone in a couple weeks!

Bob
09-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I am listing in a seperate post the schedule of events for the expo. It is long, so if you are planning to attend, I would just print it. Included on the schedule is a party for AZBilliards posters. It is in the Clubhouse bar at 5:00 PM on Saturday. PLease feel free and drop by to say hi during this. I am more than sure that most of the azers are ccbers too!

Looking forward to meeting you all, and how do you get one of the ccb pins?

Eydie

JimS
09-26-2004, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> There isn't a meeting planned as far as I know. I would think though that a lot of us will be around the tournament table, or the brackets if they had it set up like last year. I look forward to meeting you, and everyone else.

Good thing we have some PINs floating around....will have mine on my case...See everyone in a couple weeks! <hr /></blockquote>

I haven't posted or lurked for a bunch of months so I know nothing about "pins". What's up with that?

I have a key chain I figured I'd let dangle from my shirt pocket...or sumthun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The azbilliards party at 5 on Sat sounds like a good meeting time/place/venue for me/us?

Rich R.
09-27-2004, 03:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> I haven't posted or lurked for a bunch of months so I know nothing about "pins". What's up with that?
<hr /></blockquote>
Hi Jim.
Before the U.S. Open, we had some lapel pins made up. They are the same CCB logo as your key chain. The price is $2 each plus $1.60 S&amp;H for up to 10 pins.
If you are interested, send me a PM and we will work things out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You could probably search for some other threads about the pins and I know one of them has a picture.