View Full Version : Petty Point Weekend

Deeman2
09-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Miles driven - 105
Miles to nearest beer store - 8
New Party Shirt - $65
New Cue Case for Tori - $75
Playing pool at SPetty's Billiard Ranch - PRICELESS

There was more leather cases than in Madonna's bedroom and more CCB"s than I've seen outside the Expo in Valley Forge. SPetty and her husband, Lee Roy, have created the best home billiard room (multi-story complex) I have ever had the pleasure to play in. The walls are covered with every pool tie and billiard related item that the internet would give up. There is 24/7 pool matches running on the television, billiard books all over the place and two wonderful tables, a 9 foot Diamond and a Valley 7 footer that are a joy to shoot on. The Juke box played the greatest variety of music on the planet.

It was great to see such a large collection of CCB'ers in one place. I went to meet Spiderman and ended up with many new friends to boot. Spetty had hot dogs, sausages, chili (the real stuff with no beans), candy, fruit and the warmest hug this side of the Mississippi River.

The only thing that was tougher than the competition was getting "Next Game!" on the big table. The room is literally lined with cue racks and there were enough cue holders so everyone had a place to put their favorite 3 cues!

I hate to mention many CCB'er names as I might leave one out and offend someone so mayby Spetty can post a list of all who attended. Scott Lee showed up just to make fun of my stroke and entertained everyone by playing a few games. Is there anyone this guy doesn't know??? I know he had been teaching for several days straight and still stayed up past midnight playing, instructing and entertaining.

My thanks to Spetty for my U.S. Open towel and being the perfect hostess, to Lee Roy for putting up with 30 or so crazy strangers, to Scott for getting my tape to me so quickly and not bringing up my "short stroke" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif in polite company, to Spiderman and his girlfriend for taking it easy on Tori and I in Scotch Doubles, to Charlie for showing me I don't have the absolute worse legs in the Southwest, to Tori for not counting the number of hot dogs I had that night and to everyone else for making it such a great day and evening.

We got home at 2:00 A.M. and I was at work at 7:00 A.M. but still had a smile on my face. I can't wait for my next invitation to Petty Point (hint, hint). Any of you who did not make it, you really missed a treat. It's worth a drive from anywhere!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

Barbara
09-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Yeah, but what the rest of us want to know is, did Scott Lee imbibe a little too much on tequila and start playing "air guitar" with a cue for another photo op? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara

Deeman2
09-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Barb:

It can only be said with discretion that "a good time was had by all.."

We did have a rock and roll deuet by Spiderman's girlfreind and SPetty that brought the house down. They were amazingly good and I was taken back to my younger days of pantomiming to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". I mean, they were much better than Meat Loaf ever was.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Scott, to the amazement of all, was the perfect gentleman. Now, understand, I left at midnight.....

Deeman

Wally_in_Cincy
09-20-2004, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Yeah, but what the rest of us want to know is, did Scott Lee imbibe a little too much on tequila and start playing "air guitar" with a cue for another photo op? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara
<hr /></blockquote>

If a photographer with nefarious intent had been alert, they could have snapped a couple of pics of Wally_in_Cincy playing air guitar to that groovy ((XM)) music that was piped into Q-Masters last weekend /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. And I was sober.

Wally &lt;~~ did not do the Chuck Berry/Scott Lee duck-walk, fortunately

PoolFool
09-20-2004, 09:21 AM
DEEMAN is 100% correct. I do believe this was the most fun I have ever had in one day of pool playing. And, again I proved that I have no equal on the 7ft. Not one of my games ended in a draw. I would have even won a game against Scott if he hadn't remembered a diagram from a 1968 copy of Billiards Digest on an almost impossible bank shot that he shot at warp speed and got perfect position on the 8.

I found the secret to Spiderman's game. The more he eats the better he shoots. So, if any of you get a chance to play him, have NO food in the house.

Great day SPetty. Thanks again.
PoolFool

SpiderMan
09-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, someone kept refilling ALL of the food dishes, no matter how hard I tried to keep them emptied!

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
09-20-2004, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Miles driven - 105
Miles to nearest beer store - 8
New Party Shirt - $65
New Cue Case for Tori - $75
Playing pool at SPetty's Billiard Ranch - PRICELESS

There was more leather cases than in Madonna's bedroom and more CCB"s than I've seen outside the Expo in Valley Forge. SPetty and her husband, Lee Roy, have created the best home billiard room (multi-story complex) I have ever had the pleasure to play in. The walls are covered with every pool tie and billiard related item that the internet would give up. There is 24/7 pool matches running on the television, billiard books all over the place and two wonderful tables, a 9 foot Diamond and a Valley 7 footer that are a joy to shoot on. The Juke box played the greatest variety of music on the planet.

It was great to see such a large collection of CCB'ers in one place. I went to meet Spiderman and ended up with many new friends to boot. Spetty had hot dogs, sausages, chili (the real stuff with no beans), candy, fruit and the warmest hug this side of the Mississippi River.

The only thing that was tougher than the competition was getting "Next Game!" on the big table. The room is literally lined with cue racks and there were enough cue holders so everyone had a place to put their favorite 3 cues!

I hate to mention many CCB'er names as I might leave one out and offend someone so mayby Spetty can post a list of all who attended. Scott Lee showed up just to make fun of my stroke and entertained everyone by playing a few games. Is there anyone this guy doesn't know??? I know he had been teaching for several days straight and still stayed up past midnight playing, instructing and entertaining.

My thanks to Spetty for my U.S. Open towel and being the perfect hostess, to Lee Roy for putting up with 30 or so crazy strangers, to Scott for getting my tape to me so quickly and not bringing up my "short stroke" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif in polite company, to Spiderman and his girlfriend for taking it easy on Tori and I in Scotch Doubles, to Charlie for showing me I don't have the absolute worse legs in the Southwest, to Tori for not counting the number of hot dogs I had that night and to everyone else for making it such a great day and evening.

We got home at 2:00 A.M. and I was at work at 7:00 A.M. but still had a smile on my face. I can't wait for my next invitation to Petty Point (hint, hint). Any of you who did not make it, you really missed a treat. It's worth a drive from anywhere!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

Dee, this was one of the better pool get-togethers we've seen in quite a while. I'm really glad you and Tori were able to make it. Too bad we live so far apart, a re-match in Scotch doubles is definitely in order. No doubt, PettyPoint Pool Hall is the best little party house in Texas.

It was really great meeting you after all the suspense, though I felt a little bad that I didn't remember you from the old days. We apparently grew up nearby and were about the same age, hanging out at the same joints in South Memphis, even remembering the same characters. I guess it's due to my being more of a bystander than a participant in those days - I didn't have a mentor and didn't really start learning to play pool until decades later.

BTW Susan, I think that the Valley-Table surprise that had Leroy scratching his head was a token of appreciation from Rhonda.

SpiderMan (ready to start eating all over again)

Scott Lee
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Dee...Now ya know WHY I emphasize to everyone just how nice the PettyPoint Pool Hall is! It's not just the place, but the people too, that make it so much fun to visit. SPetty seems to 'outdo' herself each time, and this was no exception. I think we had 18 people there. A great crowd, but as SPetty said, tough when they are ALL poolplayers, and there's only two tables. I bet there will be another one by the next time I visit! LOL It was certainly a fun party, and it seemed like a good time was had by all. I didn't get to bed until 3am /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif, and also had to be up early to get to Cue Tech for my last day teaching! Although I did have a few tequilas and a couple of beers, I did NOT do the air guitar duckwalk this time! LOL All in all, the best pool party I've ever been to! Thanks SPetty!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

nineball33
09-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Well im going to tell all who missed out ,well words caint describe the enjoyment that I had.Im also wating on the next visit(if she will have me).I can say that I havent racked for a better crowd then who I racked for Saturday.The best place to go to shoot pool an be with friends an have a such a good time. THANKS to SPETTY an her husban I had a great time
Daniel /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman2
09-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Hey, Daniel:

You played pretty sporty there my friend. I can't wait for us to meet at the Corner Pocket and play if I can con you into the nine footer! They have a nice nine ball tournament there on Tuesday nights at 8;00p.m. and, for your enjoyment, it's on eight footers!. Maybe you can shake loose and meet us there one night. It was nice meeting you and shooting with you.

Deeman

SPetty
09-20-2004, 12:41 PM
You guys are the nuts!

Thanks to all who made it out to the PettyPoint Pool Hall. The CCBers who came over were: Spiderman, PoolFool, Sid_Vicious, Deeman2 (formerly Deeman), LivinGr8, nineball33, ryushen21, ceebee and Scott Lee. And along with these people came various and sundry other friends, spouses and loved ones.

I'm glad you had fun. I had fun. Pool is fun. Pool people are fun. This is the first and only time I've ever seen LeRoy stay at the party all day and into the night, so you guys must have been a lot of fun. If you left early, you missed Leslie Anne Rogers modeling her new pool underwear! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif (I've got pictures and I'm entertaining all offers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

We took out our swimming pool this year, so we have a big empty lot in front of the pool hall. There was some talk that now we need to put another pool table out there under a pavilion with ceiling fans. Oh, and a hot tub. Oh, and a liquor store. Oh, and a basketball court. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for making a fun day for me. See y'all next time I hope!

SPetty
09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> PettyPoint Pool Hall is the best little party house in Texas. <hr /></blockquote> Or, as 9 Ball Girl likes to call it - "The Best Little Pool House In Texas"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nineball33
09-20-2004, 10:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Hey, Daniel:

You played pretty sporty there my friend. I can't wait for us to meet at the Corner Pocket and play if I can con you into the nine footer! They have a nice nine ball tournament there on Tuesday nights at 8;00p.m. and, for your enjoyment, it's on eight footers!. Maybe you can shake loose and meet us there one night. It was nice meeting you and shooting with you.

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
I would love to go to the Corner Pocket and play in the Tournament would like that verry much.I caint go this Tuesday but maby ill talk to one of my buddys an try to go next Tuesday.Whats the entry fee an how do they split the money, do they pay 3rd,how many players in the Tournament? just courious ill keep in touch about next Tuesday.

Deeman2
09-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Daniel,

I think it's just a $5 entry fee with about 36 players last week. I think the payout is 60%/40%/10% and they may add some, I'm not sure. Only played in it once but there are three or four nice shooters there. I like it because Tori can play for a very small entry fee and it's a pretty nice place to play. About 15 8 footers and only one nine footer, all Oldhausens except a three or four 7 foot coin ops.

Let me know and I'll be sure to show up when you do.

Deeman

cueball1950
09-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Maybe someday when i can travel alot again i will get an invitation to come play at Petty point pool hall. Now i know what it is. All this time i thought it was a real pool hall. Now i feel foolish...lololololol..............mike

LivinGr8
09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious... thats what my experience at Petty Point was. I have never been invited to such a Surprise! in all my life. What a smorgasborg of nostalgia and great music. Now, when I go to the SWEL finals or where ever I may venture in Texas while playing the game, I'll be looking for those that I had the time of my life with. I know, I sat quietly, took a few pics, walked around looking at folks and not saying much to speak of... but inside, I felt like I was the first man to step on Venus or Mars (to find the good life)! My taste buds were dancing to a fine rotisserie of wonder and each game I played was like stepping up to an ESPN exhibition, millions of people watching.(What was it Deeman2? 30 or so?)
What a venture it was... So, I'll be working on that game. After watching so many good players, and the love I have for the game, I think its time to "kick it up a notch" with my game. Who knows when your going to get an invitation to planet ... Petty Point ... and you better be ready to get the game of your life... you may just get whupped by a GIRL!
Super Thanks to the SPettys.
P.S. I wish I were a ball you could throw out on your lawn and immediately be returned to Petty Point Pool Hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deeman2
09-21-2004, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LivinGr8:</font><hr> Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious... thats what my experience at Petty Point was. I have never been invited to such a Surprise! in all my life. What a smorgasborg of nostalgia and great music. Now, when I go to the SWEL finals or where ever I may venture in Texas while playing the game, I'll be looking for those that I had the time of my life with. I know, I sat quietly, took a few pics, walked around looking at folks and not saying much to speak of... but inside, I felt like I was the first man to step on Venus or Mars (to find the good life)! My taste buds were dancing to a fine rotisserie of wonder and each game I played was like stepping up to an ESPN exhibition, millions of people watching.(What was it Deeman2? 30 or so?)
What a venture it was... So, I'll be working on that game. After watching so many good players, and the love I have for the game, I think its time to "kick it up a notch" with my game. Who knows when your going to get an invitation to planet ... Petty Point ... and you better be ready to get the game of your life... you may just get whupped by a GIRL!
Super Thanks to the SPettys.
P.S. I wish I were a ball you could throw out on your lawn and immediately be returned to Petty Point Pool Hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Nicely said! Livingr8t,

We always knew to watch out for the quiet ones anyway. I look forward to seeing you around East Texas as well. It's nice enough for someone like the Petty's to invite us to play pool at their place but to have all the food, music and good cheer made it extra special.

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
09-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Um, like can we see some pictures?

SPetty
09-21-2004, 09:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LivinGr8:</font><hr> I wish I were a ball you could throw out on your lawn and immediately be returned to PettyPoint Pool Hall! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>C'mon now, guys, y'all are killing me with all the superlatives, but I'm glad you had fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif It was just a fun day playing fun pool with fun people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for being a ball, you'd be sopping wet with slobber and dirt when you got back and we probably wouldn't let you in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But now you see why PoolFool calls her "Molly, the Wonder Dog"!

ceebee
09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Well folks, I too had a SUPER TIME. It was nice to see Spiderman &amp; Rhindaagain, it was nice seeing Leeroy &amp; Spetty, it was nice meeting Dee &amp; Tori, Leslie was great, I enjoyed seeing Matt again &amp; meeting Shem. Sid &amp; Jim were having a good time &amp; Jim was playing well. CW &amp; Charles were there too. Scott Lee added a good catalyst to the get together.

Playing Pool at Petty Point Pool Hall is about enjoyment, competition, casual friendly conversations &amp; discussing what we all have in common... Pocket Billiards. Thanks Spetty for your great parties &amp; your friendship with all of us. I'm looking forward to the next one... CB

nineball33
09-21-2004, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Um, like can we see some pictures? <hr /></blockquote>
I would like to see more pics of you?(Daniel)&lt;desperate pool player.lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PoolFool
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
I know there were a lot of pictures taken so some may find their way to the board. SPetty may even post a photo of the crop circle in front of the pool hall.

PoolFool

ryushen21
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Yeah, Petty Point is great. An excellent host and the best pool that I have seen and played in a long time. I can't wait for the next Petty Point weekend.

It was absolutely great getting to play with some of the fellow CCBers. I think that everyone should have to play SpiderMan on the box at some time in their life. And the action on the 9ft. was great too. Except for the times when they started the whole break and run out routine. And who can forget the "I'm next!" "NO! i'm next routine."

But seriously, it was an absolutely awesome experience that you just can't get unless you make your way out to Petty Point sometime. I know that i'll be in for the next one. Youwould have to be crazy not to be.