PDA

View Full Version : eBay fraud ?

ras314
09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Anybody else get this email?

***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

eBay Fraud Mediation Request
Date: Mon, 13 September 2004

You have recieved this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS.
...ect

cueball1950
09-20-2004, 07:49 PM
it is a scam. i got 1 about 2 weks ago and i sent it to ebay and they sid it was a fraud. just trying to get your credit card info and password......mike

Chris Cass
09-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Wow,

Yes I did. Heide took care of it. I was under the impression that something was odd about it as we don't have an account. lol

Regards,

C.C.

ras314
09-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Some may consider it good business practice if anyone is dumb enough to fall for this crap? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

highsea
09-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Well now you know Ras, it was CC using your ebay account. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lol, a few months ago there was 2 different auctions for the same SW cue. I emailed the phony seller with a bunch of questions, asked for escrow, etc. He wasn't interested.

Yesterday I got an email from the guy, he offered me the cue for $1200.00 (he was asking $2,000). The cue is an early Franklin satin finish BE merry widow.

I said sure! We'll escrow through Scott Sherbine at Profficient Billiards, and he (the seller) can send me an authentication letter from Laurie Franklin.

You think he'll do it?

-CM

ras314
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
CM, I know of no one less suceptable to that kind of business than the cassman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, did you know he plays with a southwest? I cringed every time he broke with it, mostly because I beat the heck out of a cue while breaking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif