PDA

View Full Version : Please help me.

Chris Cass
09-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I can't stop the tears in my eyes from falling. I've known about this since the Open and can't keep this in secrecy any longer. I've tried and only confided in Voodoo because of his understanding and I had to tell someone of this painfull ordeal. I can't go on because it's not the time for secrets but for friends to pull togather and give opr support. I received this pm just minutes ago after logging on.

Chris,
Send me an email at rsb@frankglenn.com and I will add it to the newsletter for staus updates. Here is the latest info:
I'm home now. I went in for a test and biopsy on Monday last week and
after I came home I passed out. Jane called 911 and they took me back
and put me in ICU for 3 days because they didn't know what was wrong.
They thought I had internal bleeding from the biopsy done earlier, but that proved to be incorrect. My blood pressure was very low (55 over 24 at one point). I got three
pints of blood while there. Wed night they moved me to a regular room
and released me Thursday afternoon. I am setting up to start chemo
some time next week. I have pancreatic cancer that has spread to my
liver, it's inoperable. The prognosis is 6 mo. to a year with no
treatment. With treatment, it may be longer but we will not know until
later. My spirits are good, all things considered, and I plan on forging ahead.

Frank

I'm so sorry Frank my dear friend but I have to break my promise. We all want to be there for you and your family. Our prayers togather will work as they did for me. I could be wrong but if there's a chance, then I'm willing to take it and you can hate me forever. My God man, I hate this deseace. I have a cross in my wallet Ken sent to me. I still have it and am scared to let it go. I'm sending you this cross as I truely believe it and the prayers from this board saved my life. Please forgive me Frank.

Chris Aiardo

Tom_In_Cincy
09-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I've witnessed Frank Glenn posting on most of the pool forums for the last few years. This man is a pool player and a lover of the game. His sharing of his experiences with all that would listen have done a lot to promote the game.

My prayers are with Frank and his efforts to win this current battle.

woody_968
09-21-2004, 04:51 PM
I dont know what to say.

Frank, I hope you understand CC bringing this to our attention. I know that it must be difficult, and something you may want to keep to yourself. But understand that there are many people on this board that care about you and appreciate the friendship that you have helped bring to this board.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Please stay in contact during this time and let us know if there is anything that we can do to try and help you though this.

Woody

Frank_Glenn
09-21-2004, 04:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I dont know what to say.

Frank, I hope you understand CC bringing this to our attention. I know that it must be difficult, and something you may want to keep to yourself. But understand that there are many people on this board that care about you and appreciate the friendship that you have helped bring to this board.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. Please stay in contact during this time and let us know if there is anything that we can do to try and help you though this.

Woody <hr /></blockquote>

No, I don't mind, I just didn't want to "announce" this myself. Like the note to him says, send an email and I will add you to the group, or I can just post it here. Whatever you guys want. Oh, and we will not be moving to Florida as previously planned. I cancelled that today.
Frank

tateuts
09-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Frank,

We wish you the best and just don't want you to feel like you are alone in this battle. I hope you agree that Chris did the right thing - our thoughts will be with you.

Chris

Troy
09-21-2004, 04:57 PM
My heart and prayers go out to Frank and his family and to Chris.
This is a horrifying disease.

Troy

Troy
09-21-2004, 05:32 PM
By the way CC, I completely agree with you posting this.
The more support, the better.

T...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> My heart and prayers go out to Frank and his family and to Chris.
This is a horrifying disease.

Troy <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
09-21-2004, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>
No, I don't mind, I just didn't want to "announce" this myself. Like the note to him says, send an email and I will add you to the group, or I can just post it here. Whatever you guys want. Oh, and we will not be moving to Florida as previously planned. I cancelled that today.
Frank <hr /></blockquote>

Frank,

No one wants to post this kind of post for themselves. This is why we have this circle of friendship on this board. We all watch each other's backs and hug them when they turn around.

I think I shook your hand when we matched up against each other during the CCB tourny. Now I'm wishing I hugged you instead.

Stay well until the next one and I will!

Barbara

Frank_Glenn
09-21-2004, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Frank_Glenn:</font><hr>
Frank <hr /></blockquote>

Frank,

No one wants to post this kind of post for themselves. This is why we have this circle of friendship on this board. We all watch each other's backs and hug them when they turn around.

I think I shook your hand when we matched up against each other during the CCB tourny. Now I'm wishing I hugged you instead.

Stay well until the next one and I will!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Believe me, if I can make it to the next one, I will be there. Thanks all.

recoveryjones
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Frank, I don't know you personally but have seen your posts at various forums and checked out your website a few times.You seem like a great guy.I'm sorry to hear about your health situation and will keep you in my prayers.RJ

PQQLK9
09-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Hey Frank, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You have a lot of friends fighting this thing with you.

stickman
09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Frank, I believe in miracles. I'm here by the grace of God myself. Your prayers are with us all.

Jim

Malice
09-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I wish you my best, Frank!

Kato
09-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Frank, I'm terribly sorry to hear your worst fears realized. Take care. I'll pray for you.

Kato

Rod
09-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Frank,

I really don't know what to say, Im at a bit at a loss for words. I wish you and your family the best during such difficult times. May God be with you and even the pool God's too! Take care my friend, you'll get a lot of support from the CCB family.

Rod

Chris Cass
09-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Frank,

I went back in to delete this post because of my wife reminding me that it's your private business and I had no right to publically announce such a personal issue. I feel really bad for doing so. I guess my thoughts of what I went through, all seemed to return as if it were yesterday and I panic'd. I'm truely sorry for breaking your trust in me.

I've thought of nothing but you the entire night. Thinking of what's going through your mind and how you feel about what's happening to you. I too know what is going on with you. I can't offer hope for you and it hurts me. If I did it might be false hope and that's cruel.

I will tell you this my dear friend. I had but a 5 percent chance of living myself. It was all a surprise to everyone including, the nurses at my oncologists office, that I did win this battle. I still find it hard to believe. I often think that I really haven't but will not dwell on what could become and live for the moment.

I still remember the day I came back from the depths of hell. I didn't think of fighting to live at all. That in pool terms would be to say, I'm going to win this tourney.

I thought of only one ball at a time. Alls I know is pool. I was lying in my bed and in physical theropy when my oncologist came into the room and spoke to me. I had been ducking the theropists because, it was too hard to do what they asked of me. I found it easier to act like I was sleeping and they'd leave. As they only came up at certain times per day.

I often was asleep too. My oncologist never told me anything as I already had 5 Dr.' telling me this and that. He told me that I had to make a stand now. He told me that I had to make the choice to live or die. I didn't understand what he was saying.

I finally figued it out. It wasn't the big things that saved my life. It was the will to do, the little things. The things that I had been ducking. The trying to live my life normal. The next day I let the theropist into the room and tried lifting the .5lb weight curl. I did one rep and I was tired and couldn't go on. Later that day I stretched the rubber band from my chest to full arms length and I was tired once more.

They, forced me to walk from the bed as far as I could with an oxygen tank. I got to the door as three of them carried me and I made it to the doorway from the bed 3 ft and fell to the floor. They caught me and each day I did a bit more.

After 3 weeks I was able to get to the bathroom on my own and shave in the sink, of course I had to do it from a chair and had a spotter to help me into the chair.
It was the small things that others take for granted is what I did to survive. This is what the fighting did for me. It was the little things.

One of my sisters has Hoskins Lymphoma and her body is riddled with Cancer. She lives in VA also on the other side of the state from the Chessepeak area. She was told she had little time left also.

She kept a positive attitude and does what she loves to do. Granted, she's in pain but never dwells on it. She has a small farm and has many animals. She grows tobacco and other stuff. She's in remission for the last 6 yrs. She knows everything about it and has to fly to other parts of the country for her treatments.

She has blown away her Dr.'s with how she is so positive and continues to beat the odds. She's been asked to council others from her Dr.'s with her calls to other patients. She's the best and would help anyone from a drop of a hat.

I don't want to give you any false hope but what I do want to say is that the little things. The way you normally live your life is what gives you strength. What will be will be but don't let this terrible desease get more credit than it deserves. When I saw all the young kids. The children in the ward with Cancer. I thought of my own problems so insignificant. I felt so bad for these children and yet, they never stopped being kids. God bless them all.

Be yourself and live your life with the ones that count. We will all pray for you and be right there in your corner. Your a good man and a good Dad and Husband. Continue to do the little things and with Gods help maybe, we can all make him listen.

Your friend,

Chris

haywood
09-22-2004, 12:07 AM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, Frank.

Rich R.
09-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Frank, I wish all the best for you and your family.

Frank_Glenn
09-22-2004, 05:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Frank,

I went back in to delete this post because of my wife reminding me that it's your private business and I had no right to publically announce such a personal issue. I feel really bad for doing so. I guess my thoughts of what I went through, all seemed to return as if it were yesterday and I panic'd. I'm truely sorry for breaking your trust in me.

&lt;&lt;snip&gt;&gt;

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm not upset at you at all Chris. In fact it is a relief. I want to thank you and everyone else who responded. I plan to just forge ahead.
Frank

pooltchr
09-22-2004, 05:58 AM
Frank,
I can only repeat what has already been said. You are certainly going to be in my prayers.

I lost my first wife to cancer, but one thing I learned from that situation is that NONE OF US has any guarantees in this world. We each must make the most of our time, never knowing how much we have left. Live whatever life we have to the fullest.

Stay positive, don't give up, and we will see you at CCB4!

Steve

BillPorter
09-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Chris,

I just wanted to say that I was touched by the way your heart went out to your friend Frank. Whether or not it was "right" to post about his illness, it is obvious that you did it out of your feelings of friendship and love for him, and anything coming from the purity of friendship and love can't really be a wrong or bad thing to do.

This is to Frank: Frank, I have never met you but I know from reading your posts that you a man of intelligence, humor, and loyalty to your friends. I doubt that any words of mine will be worth much to you right now, but I would like to say that situations like this seem to bring out the best in some people; their courage, spirit, and love for one another. These situations also show us what is really important in life and what is not. I am glad that you have a good portion of the most important things--people who love you and care about you. You have my most sincere wishes for a good outcome here and I hope to someday have the chance to meet you in person.

Best Regards,
Bill

#### leonard
09-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Frank, I know you can feel the love on this board. It is bringing tears to my eyes. Everyone is rooting for you, it worked for Cass it can work for you. God Bless. ####

eg8r
09-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Hey Chris you are a good man with a good heart. I don't think Frank could ask for someone better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frank, our prayers are with you and your family. I hope it is comforting for you to know there are all these people who have never met you and we are all praying for you to pull through.

eg8r

Eric.
09-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Frank,

This is a shock, after meeting you 2 weeks ago, I had no clue.

Don't ever give up. Do not become tired of the fight. Get well and our thoughts are behind you.

Eric

9 Ball Girl
09-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Frank. I was blown away when you told me what at the time you thought you had when we were at Q-Masters earlier this month and including you in my prayers started that night and have been since. Well now you'll have the CCB Power behind you and just as Chris did, you can do it too. I had a great time playing with you during our tourney and I'm looking forward to it again next September. I lost my grandfather to cancer 18 years ago (I was 12) and after seeing what the power of prayer can do, especially from your friends here, I wished I could've done the same for him too.

We're a powerful bunch here.

Dagwood
09-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Frank,

There's not much more to say than Chris has already said. While not cancer, one of my pool playing buddies from back home in CT had an accident some years ago and broke his back and legs. They said he would never walk again. Well, 8 years later, he's not only walking again, but is doing all those things he loved doing before, (4 wheelin', hunting, ect...he's a real Tenn. hick, lol), as well as playing pool almost as well as he was before. Keep the positive outlook on things and anything is possible. I'm rooting and praying for you. God bless you...

Dags

Wally_in_Cincy
09-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Frank,

I noticed you appeared a bit out of sorts at CCB III. I'm terribly sorry to find out that this was the reason why.

I am praying for you my friend. I'll see you at CCB IV

shoutout33
09-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Frank,

I'm relatively new to these forums, but please except my prayers for a quick recovery. Chris has done a lot for me since I've been these forums, so anything I can do to help a friend of his, it's done. Chris, you hang in there too ok? Much love you two and all of you for your support towards Frank.

Daris '04

ragin1
09-22-2004, 08:21 AM
That was powerful.

Regards

Steve Lipsky
09-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Frank,

I have always enjoyed your contributions to the various boards, and this is indeed awful news. Please know that we are all behind you as you face this battle.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

- Steve

dmgwalsh
09-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Frank: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've gone through Hodgkins and radiation myself. Hopefully, things will get better. Enjoy your life and your friends. Dennis

DeadStrokeMan
09-22-2004, 10:04 AM
My mother went under the 'knife' to have her vocal choords and tounge removed due to cancer. The Dr.s had performed a biopsy the week before and had determined her to be TERMINAL - WITHOUT HOPE - and she was to be lanced open in the morning and the cancer (her thoat and tounge) was to be removed.

Guess what: The Dr.s biopsied her (as she was already under anesthesia) on the operating room table and WHAT? SAY WHAT? NO CANCER - It just "plumb dissappeared!". Just so happens that I and a pastor and another AGREED with God that she was to be MIRACULOUSLY CURED or TAKEN HOME rather than having to be chopped up.

So PRAISE THE LORD - And THATS the results of FAITH. Because WE BELIEVED it - God Honored it.

That was 6 months ago - she is just great today. Hope this helps in some way.

Candyman
09-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Frank, I don't know you, but a mutual friend of ours had visited with you a couple of weeks ago and then stopped by to see me. The first thing he told me was what a wonderful time he had with you and what a great guy you are.
I am so sorry to hear of your illness, but I believe you can beat this thing. I know a lady that got the bad news 22 years ago. They gave her 6mos. to 2yrs. Her name was Nancy Emerson. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. She was very scared when she first found out, but she had this strange dream that changed her life. The word "cancer" is such an ugly word. She was dreaming and all she could see was this dreaded word in hugh block letters, when all of a sudden the CER part of cancer was blackened out and all she could see was the CAN. She took this as a positive sign from GOD. She fired any doctor who was negative and surrounded herself with positive professionals. She passed away last year, but not without touching many people along the way. You can do a Google search on her and find lots of neat stories. She was the National Cancer Survivor of The Year, spoke in The Crystal Cathedral, was hired by Duke to provide inspiration and been on many motivational tours. She just had the will. Frank, I pray this will be you. We need you pal. Good luck and God Bless. Lock (Candyman) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
09-22-2004, 12:19 PM
God bless you Frank. Our prayers are with you.

Deeman

CarolNYC
09-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi Frank,
Im not sure if we met or not-it doesnt matter!
God may miss one prayer, but he cant miss a 1000 prayers!
You take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedHell
09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi Frank,

First allow me to thank Chris for letting us know. After meeting you at the Open and having dinner in your company, I consider you a friend, and I'm sure that with all the support of your friends you will win this battle.

Like many here, I know people who where supposed to have six month of whatever and beat the odds and lived a lot longer. All this is prognosis and you know prognosis aren't garanties.

This news sadded Joy and I at first and I didn't know what to say about it. I slept on it and today I look at it with a more positive insight. I know you are a good man and you took care of everyone around you, well starting on today it is now time to take care of yourself and let others take care of you.

As Chris mentioned, live your life one ball at the time and follow the advices of all your intructors, first thing you'll know you'll be running racks.

I'm not a religious person, but I believe in the power of people and the power of our mind and body. The body will achieve what the mind believe, if you keep believing you will be fine.

I feel for you my friend and have faith that you will give this illness a battle worthy of a warrior.

Take care, I'm looking forward to see you at the CCB4 !

Scott Lee
09-22-2004, 02:54 PM
CC...gotta tell you this, man! I was the FIRST person to know about this, as Frank had, long before, extended an invitation to me to visit him in Richmond. The day I called him to tell him I was in town, he was already AT the hospital, as he had experienced something strange, and needed to have some tests done. Even so, he and Jane happily invited me into their home, to stay for the weekend, and we played several hours of pool (Frank, you bank WAY too well! LOL). The friendliness and compassion of people like Frank &amp; Jane are unusual in this world, and we could all do with learning from them. In fact, Frank mentioned to me, that being there that first weekend probably helped him to "deal with it" much better than if I had not been there. I sure hope so, because I made some wonderful new friends that weekend, and I don't want to lose them!

Frank, you've seen what all of us have to say, and it all comes from the heart! Our prayers WILL link together, and miracles DO happen!

Jane, our prayers go out to you as well. You and Frank have a great life to look forward to, and God willing, everything will work out fine. THEN, I'll come and visit you both in Florida!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

cueball1950
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
What can i say. i have read this post several times today and yet i am still in shock.Frank, you were so much fun at the Open. Keep fighting my friend and the Good Lord will have to hear all of our proayers and keep you with us. You will be in my prayers every night and i will also pray for your wife and family to have the strength to help you get thru this...................................mike

DennyS
09-22-2004, 04:52 PM
My heart and prayers go out to you my friend . I've only known you for a short time and the time we shared in Valley Forge you were a gentleman and I considered you a friend!

dg-in-centralpa
09-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Frank,
You've got many people here pulling for you. Anything you need from us, just ask. My prayers are with you and your family.

DG

NH_Steve
09-23-2004, 05:19 AM
Chris, that is powerful story and sure says alot about your depth as a human being, and I can't think of better advice.
As much as we don't fully know the workings of sickness -- despite medical science's efforts, we also don't fully know all the powerful healing benefits of faith, spirit, and old-fashioned will. More power to you, Frank!

Mr Ingrate
09-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Frank,

Damn Man, I just read the thread. I know you're "on the clock" but Medical science is amazing these days so I know you'll get your "extension". I wish you and your family all the best.

Frank_Glenn
09-24-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Frank,

Damn Man, I just read the thread. I know you're "on the clock" but Medical science is amazing these days so I know you'll get your "extension". I wish you and your family all the best. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Dave and every one else who has responded, emailed and PM'd me. I start chemo Monday. Monday morning I'm having a port placed in my shoulder to accomodate all the IV's and blood drawing, etc. and I was told today to come directly to the cancer center when I get out of the hospital for the first chemo session.
Frank

Chris Cass
09-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Frank,

Pay close attention to your inner feelings. Don't think of not, sharing any feelings your having throughout your body and mind with the hospital nurses and your wife. This is very important to handle this poison. Now is not the time to keep any secrets to yourself. It will make you very weak. Eating is a must! No matter what you feel. You must eat! God bless you Frank and I'll be here if you need to talk about anything. Be it drugs, treatments, feelings, Dr.' you name it. I have much knowledge or accesss to it. My wife has read everything possible on the subject. Knowledge is power.

I also want you to concider introducing your wife to the board so she can post also. We all will support her as time goes on. You may not feel like posting or maybe, it's not her cup of tea. She can always common and say hello and email us when she needs to.

This is a valuable strength in time that your family needs to go through this. There's nothing better then having someone, a friend in time of need. We can, be her strength. JAT

Your friend,

Chris

Scott Lee
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Amen to that, Frank. Jane is welcome here, and if she feels like posting, we'd all be grateful for it!

Scott

rukiddingme
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
This thread basically says it all.
This thread is a reminder of what this board is all about...
ruk