PDA

View Full Version : New BD Cover Story

cuechick
09-21-2004, 07:43 PM
BD has posted their new cover story, a feature on Jennifer Barretta. It's a very good story about a very good friend of mine. I know all the guys like to talk about her looks, and yeah I understand why; but there is a lot more to her than that. Jen has made the leap from "D" player to touring pro in just 6 years. Trust me, very few thought she could do this way back when...
I have a lot of admiration for her, she came to this sport like an athlete. She has continuously sought out the best coaching she could find and has never let others bring her down. Believe me many have tried...she is a constant target for resentment and jealousy, and handles it all with dignity and a detached restraint.
I am very proud of her, I had the luck and privilege of being on two amazing teams with her and have traveled hours through many states, in her passenger seat, to get to these little regional tour stops all over the north east. Eating bad food, and staying cheap motels, I could not have asked for a better partner in crime. I know no one, who has worked harder or deserves it more...

Jimmy B
09-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Jenn's great and with her attitude she will do very well in the future, I wish her the best.

JB

Rod
09-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Very well stated CC, she's lucky to have you as a friend.

Rod

Rich R.
09-22-2004, 03:05 AM
Tap, Tap, TAp.

Although Jennifer has not played in the regional tours, in my area, recently, I have had the pleasure of seeing her play a number of times. Every time I saw her, her game had improved. Her hard work was apparent.
On top of that, she was always very nice to everyone and she seems to be delightful young lady.
I wish her the best. She has worked for it.

And she ain't hard on the eyes either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

cuechick
09-22-2004, 06:34 AM
That is very nice of you to say, but I feel like the lucky one.

9 Ball Girl
09-22-2004, 07:39 AM
I am very happy that Jenn has come as far as she has. And I can only expect her to go further still. I've overheard conversations about her, the sucking of the teeth, the snide remarks (no surprise, it's always women), and I can only imagine that that just gives her more fuel to succeed. I myself am always a constant target for resentment and jealousy in and out of the poolroom and things like that just make me stronger. Like I told Jenn a couple of days ago in the corny yet affective Nu Yawk slogan, You Go Girl!

I can't wait for my copy in the mail!