PDA

View Full Version : Krusty, an introduction.

05-14-2002, 05:12 PM
I am Krusty, what you need to know.

Am I insensitive, yes.
Am I offensive, you bet.
Am I mean, can be.
Am I rude, from time to time.
Do I say what I think, every time.
Do I sugarcoat my opinions so people won't be offended, never.

These are the cold facts of my personality, if you don't like them stay out of my threads at let me and others argue are opinions. Too many people on this board don't say what they really think or they sugarcoat their answers. Why? It's the whole clique, inner circle whatever you want to call it mentality. People don't want to be ostracized from the group so they are scared to express their opinions that are different than inner circles. Example, Melissa from Ca. who was flamed off the board for having a different opinion on the Dr./WPBA situation. God forbid 2 people don't think alike.

Just for the record, I don't hate fat people(I'm somewhat overweight myself), that was just a tool to get my point across.

If you are worried about pleasing everyone, kissing the cliques butts, go ahead. If you want to seriously discuss something. Come see Krusty. I'll be here all week.

Flame Away

Krusty

Tom_In_Cincy
05-14-2002, 05:19 PM
Krusty.. good name.. and you are very welcome here. Fred Agnir (a member and not one to sugar coat most of his posts) has more than once called this forum 'tame', non-argumentative, or in other words.. somewhat dull.

Your post has been 'replied to' and have more emotional responses than most of the other posts.

Spice is welcome.. I read all the replies and even replied myself.

Keep it up.. ruffling feathers sometimes makes the pillow better.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-14-2002, 05:22 PM
I would recommend 'registering' if you plan on posting and replying more than just a few times.

Registering allows you a lot more flexibility in the way your screen appears.. and gives you more options on reading the posts.

All you have to do is enter you screen name. Nothing else is required or will be shown that you don't want to be made public.

jjinfla
05-14-2002, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> Example, Melissa from Ca. who was flamed off the board for having a different opinion on the Dr./WPBA situation.
Flame Away

Krusty
<hr></blockquote>

Mellissa was flamed? I must have missed that. But, maybe someone was just doing what you advocate - speaking their mind. Or, are only certain people allowed to speak their mind? A person better develop a thick skin if one wants to survive in the "pool world". Jake

05-14-2002, 07:29 PM
You have every atribute that I admire in a person except for the fact that you did not say if you were a jerk. That would really distinguish you from the clique and seperate you from all of the alsorans. Keep up the good work. This board needs a change of pace (i.e. a kick in the butt).

05-14-2002, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> I am Krusty, what you need to know.

These are the cold facts of my personality, if you don't like them stay out of my threads at let me and others argue are opinions. Too many people on this board don't say what they really think
Krusty
<hr></blockquote>

oh, good. another one of those.

near as i can tell, you pave your own road around here. where it goes is up to you. can you contribute on the art of billiard sports or do you just have better opinions than everyone else?

what part of the world are you in? where do you shoot? can you be entertaining with your bluster or is it just going to be the same ol woofing?

whatcha got kid??

dan...already suspicious about "costume".

05-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Dan

First of all, to answer your questions. I live in the Fargo, ND area. I play all over the ND, SD ,MN areas. I travel lots because of work so I get to play in a lot of different pool halls.
Enough about me, I don't care if people want to spend all day talking about why a GC4 is better than a GC3, why silver cup chalk is no good, or for the 1000th time why predator shafts are so great. Thats their choice. But, if you want to have some good debate and a few scraps than thats what I'm here for. Ready to have some fun, that's what this place is all about isn't it. Fun. Can I be entertaining? Depends who you are. Some people enjoy 20 page manifestos why one poster is funnier than another poster, those people probably won't enjoy me. Others, who knows. I've got a feeling though you and me are going to have fun together. Until next time.

Krusty

05-14-2002, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> Dan

if you want to have some good debate and a few scraps than thats what I'm here for. Ready to have some fun, that's what this place is all about isn't it. Fun. Can I be entertaining? Depends who you are. Some people enjoy 20 page manifestos why one poster is funnier than another poster, those people probably won't enjoy me. Others, who knows. I've got a feeling though you and me are going to have fun together. Until next time.

Krusty
<hr></blockquote>

fair enough.

dan...fargo huh? quit snowing yet?

rackmup
05-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Welcome Krusty!

(It's your rack.)

Regards,

Ken

05-14-2002, 09:01 PM
Well Krusty, I've NEVER been accused of sugarcoating anything on this board, though I'm pretty sure you're digging at me with regard to Melissa. I make no apologies for that. I had done my homework on her, seen her posts on a lot of boards, and I knew that if it wasn't her opinion, it wasn't going to be considered valid, so I let 'er rip. I thought your debut was quite cute actually, and I'm looking foward to hearing more of what goes on in your head. So tell us, are you a Simpsons fan? Is that where the Krusty comes from, or is it just fair warning? Bring it on buddy, I can be combative if combative is called for! As for the 'inner circle' where is it, and can I join? I've never been in an inner circle before! I wanna go too! It's because I'm fat, isn't it? How come you guys never let me play? AAWWW Hell ! I don't wanna be in your crummy inner circle anyway.
By the way, welcome aboard! (no pun intended)

cheesemouse
05-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Krusty,
Why didn't you just say, so, your a pissed off Norwegian and all those fat people are your unmarried sisters who still live on the spud farm but now you have an Internet connection and you wanta make some cyber friends. Hey, Ole you found the right board. Welcome.

stickman
05-14-2002, 09:09 PM
An introduction or a warning? I'm not sure. Oh well, I can respond to something I disagree with or choose to ignore it. My choice. Thanks for the warning or intro, whichever, and welcome. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

05-14-2002, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Well Krusty, I've NEVER been accused of sugarcoating anything on this board, So tell us, are you a Simpsons fan? Is that where the Krusty comes from? Bring it on buddy, I can be combative if combative is called for! <hr></blockquote>

boy! now it's gettin good. i got dibs on the beer an chips concession here.

y'gunna take that krust? she called you a simpsonizer. you gunna take that?

dan..takin lorrie but on everybody's side.

05-14-2002, 09:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Krusty,
Why didn't you just say, so, your a pissed off Norwegian and all those fat people are your unmarried sisters who still live on the spud farm but now you have an Internet connection and you wanta make some cyber friends. Hey, Ole you found the right board. Welcome. <hr></blockquote>

i give it a 9. good beat and i can dance to it.

ha!!!!!!!

d

05-14-2002, 10:08 PM
I'm takin' Cheesemouse for $2. If I have to I'll give you a teedee and a feel gold.

05-14-2002, 10:14 PM
Field Goal. Why can't we have a spell checker?

05-14-2002, 10:57 PM
I can spell purty good when I want to, Lorrie, but I'm here to have a little fun. 'Feel gold' is more fun than 'field goal.'

05-14-2002, 10:59 PM
aahhh, now I get it! Sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake :-) By the way, there's no E, oh wait, that's part of the joke, right? LOL

Ralph S.
05-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Krusty, first I would like to say welcome to you. I also am saying that I think you came across pretty damned brash and arrogant. How am I doing so far for not sugarcoating things? I will say that you did gain my respect though when you changed your choice of words to the word DEBATE. It sounds much better than petty arguing. Once again welcome to the CCB.
Ralph S.

05-14-2002, 11:17 PM
If I had been thinking, I should have pointed out that a Spell Check would not have caught my phrase anyway, as both words were legitimate. The blunder on your name, however, wasn't part of the joke - just an error on my part. Not my first one today, either. Come to think of it, a Spell Check would probably have overlooked that one, also. I won't forget again, pal....

Harold Acosta
05-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Hey Krispy, I mean Krusty, welcome to the wonderful world of the BD Cue Chalk Board!

You'll probably end up leaving us, like most posters have but enjoy your stay while it last.

Your skin will get pretty krispy, I mean Krusty, once a few of the hard core posters get a hold of you!

Once again, "Bienvenido a Billiards Digest"

Harold ~ sometimes gets to "sugarcoat" things said, so keep a Spanish/English dictionary handy......

Rod
05-15-2002, 01:03 AM
Well Krusty you have some qualitys. Some good, some not so good, of course I fall in there somewhere myself. You said you would be here all week. Does that mean you won't be here next week? Actually I don't need to know all that stuff about you. In time we all get to know each other, or we don't. Welcome, and post away.

rackmup
05-15-2002, 05:15 AM
Krusty,

As your self-appointed legal advisor (I'm not an Attorney but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night), I must advise you of a few things that are based on my own personal observations and experiences:

I burst onto the CCB back before the format change. I was brash, quick to condemn and ridicule, jumped into every fight I could, posted "smart-assed" remarks and responses, etc. I was quickly informed there were "other forums that I was more suited for." So I left the CCB to peruse those other forums. The pool content at one was better than the other but at both, I experienced a lot of "bickering." I contributed to that bile but it grew tiresome as I realized what a pain in the posterior I was becoming.

I came back to the CCB, apologized to all and have attempted to "change my ways." Now, I don't fall into the "inner circle" that you speak of, I don't kiss any asses and I recognize that it is my right to speak my mind and voice my opinions, as long as I refrain from offensive language, etc. I have just simply chosen to be more civil and less agitating.

As your legal counsel, I am advising that you enter the foray slowly, voice your opinions and state your facts without sounding like you are attempting to "over throw" the system.

It is just advice. You can take it or leave it. I will not keep you from the stand should you choose to testify in your own defense. Just proceed with diligent caution and remember: You have already made a first impression. Now is the time to improve upon it.

Again, welcome to the very addictive CCB.

Regards,

Ken (very near "addict" status)

Doctor_D
05-15-2002, 05:24 AM
Good morning &amp; welcome to our board:

I look forward to you posts and comments. Additionally, even though I do tend to stay on the milder side of things here as well as in life, I am more then capable of, not only rocking, but capsizing the boat as well. Hell, its part of my job description.

Dr. D.

heater451
05-15-2002, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr>
Just for the record, I don't hate fat people(I'm somewhat overweight myself), that was just a tool to get my point across.

Krusty<hr></blockquote>

What point was that, that you have a personal dislike for "the way things are"?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr>does it bother anybody else that 99% of pool players are out of shape, out of work slobs. Lets see you walk into a pool hall and all that is around you are fat, ugly, smoking people. everyone here complains that pool cant get no sponsorship. the biggest reason is because pool players are like the ugly girl that nobody wants to give any loving to. if you saw how most of you look you would agree. pool is the ugly girl, nobody will even take charity on her. the solution is simple. find a job, find the patch or nicorette, and find the inside of the gym. lose some weight and have a shower once a week. once you do that you might get some loving. <hr></blockquote>

Great, now I have somewhere to say things like, Does it bother anyone else:

. . .that 99% of opinionizers overgeneralize, unilateralize, and often use bad analogies and soundbites, in order to disguise their opinion into a "point", and then make off as if they were answering a question that was never asked? (Can a solution for World Peace be far behind?)

. . .that 99% of those who consider themselves bold and brutally honest by "speak ing their minds", are in fact, insensitive, offensive, mean, and rude, yet think that by stating that they are "insensitive, offensive, mean, and rude" excuses it? Or, they put it down as just a way to get their "point" across, and still persist in believing that it's excusable. (I guess I'll have to rethink my opinions on Hitler and Hiroshima now. . . .)

. . .that 99% of aforementioned "brutally honest opinionizers" simply need/want attention, and often go about as elitist, in their own minds, in order to raise eyebrows and upset others. And they usually hide their own low self-esteem, behind a masquerade of apathy and/or strength, yet often seek to elevate their notoriety within a group, by chest-beating and challenge? (Why did I waste so much of my life learning about etiquette, when it's not so necessary?)

. . .that 99% of those who "argue opinions" do just that, without realizing that "arguing" is really not the same as "seriously discussing"? And, that resolution is not as desirable as conflict?

And finally, does it bother anyone else, that they feel that they have to respond to things like this, as if they were gonna fix anything, when they would be best off leaving well enough alone, letting sleeping dogs lie, and not sticking their head out?

05-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey Vapros,
Thanks for having a sense of humor. I'm always a little nervous after I've thrown these things out. It seems that among the lurking and unregistered I'm persona non grata. What's that line about people who can't take a joke??!

05-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Heater,
I LOVED this!!! Flame on you crazy diamond? That's priceless. Your response brought to mind one of my favorite sayings my boss has. " I love watching an idiot and a genius argue, because after about two minutes, you can't tell who is who." ( I know the grammar is bad on this one, but my kid is yelling at me to get off his computer!)

05-15-2002, 10:30 PM
Sometimes we take ourselves much too seriously. We're just a bunch of yo-yos. I like to say if it ain't funny, it ain't much. Hang in there and have a good time. Let these other guys decide what to do about Saddam Hussein and the ozone layer.