PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Owen on Mosconi Team

Wally_in_Cincy
09-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm sure most of you know this but Gabe Owen has been chosen for the Mosconi Cup. What a year for this guy. He's probably pinching himself

If it was in Vegas again I would go, but I am not going to Holland because Qtec might track me down feed me left-wing purple Kool-aid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000pressrelease.cfm?id=334

Rich R.
09-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Gabe really deserves that kind of recognition. He seems to be a very nice young guy and a great player.

I would have preferred that he replace Charlie Williams. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Vagabond
09-23-2004, 03:56 AM
I share the same view
vagabond

Deeman2
09-23-2004, 09:40 AM
If they just went with the strategy that Charlie would not shoot and Earl would not talk, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif it might be the perfect Mosconi Cup. Good luck to both teams.

Deeman

pooltchr
09-23-2004, 10:45 AM
That's a pretty solid team the US is sending up. We should do pretty well again this year.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2004, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> That's a pretty solid team the US is sending up. We should do pretty well again this year. <hr /></blockquote>

Johnny Archer (Georgia) Captain
Rodney Morris (Hawaii)
Gabe Owen (Oklahoma)
Tony Robles (New York)
Earl Strickland (South Carolina)

<font color="blue">Charlie Williams (Florida)</font color> <font color="red">Insert Corey Dueul's name here and I would agree /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Deeman2
09-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Johnny Archer (Georgia) Captain
Rodney Morris (Hawaii)
Gabe Owen (Oklahoma)
Tony Robles (New York)
Earl Strickland (South Carolina)

<font color="blue">Charlie Williams (Florida)</font color> <font color="red">Insert Corey Dueul's name here and I would agree /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree, but isn't Earl from North Carolina (like Greensboro).

Deeman

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
...isn't Earl from North Carolina (like Greensboro).<hr /></blockquote>

yes.

Matchroom wrote the press release so they probably think N and S Carolina is the same state /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Tony just called me to chat and he's excited to go to Holland for the Mosconi Cup. I'm sure the USA team will take it again this year.

pooltchr
09-24-2004, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Charlie Williams (Florida)</font color> <font color="red">Insert Corey Dueul's name here and I would agree /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

I can't argue with that!!! Good point, Wally!

Fleece3
09-25-2004, 03:40 PM
I agree, Charlie Williams failed to get a single point last cup. Corey would have been a better choice. Also, just once I would love to see Kieth McCready on a Mosconi team. Just imagine him with the euro fans....PRICELESS