PDA

View Full Version : My new cue...

RedHell
09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I purchased a Reeves costum cue on the last day of the open. It is a 5 points of lacewood over ebony, leather wrap and 4 large diamond of ebony with lacewood diamond windows on a lacewood butt.

So far, so good. I getting used too adjusting to the deflection (I was playing with a 314 before that). And I really like the wood to wood, radial pin joint.

Now, here's my question. I bought the cue without knowing much about the cue maker. I heard he used to work with Tim Scruggs but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any information related to Jim and his cues.

Getting this information is not essential, it will in no way change the fact that I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm just curious and as usual respect very much the opinion of our board members.

Thanks !

BTW, I'll be testing this new cue in a tournement next sunday, I just hope I'll do well !

trailboss
09-23-2004, 01:09 AM
How about posting a pic? I would like to take a gander at the shooter! Good luck at the Tourny!

Rich R.
09-23-2004, 03:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> How about posting a pic? I would like to take a gander at the shooter! Good luck at the Tourny! <hr /></blockquote>
Take my word for it. It is a very good looking cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
09-23-2004, 03:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Now, here's my question. I bought the cue without knowing much about the cue maker. I heard he used to work with Tim Scruggs but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any information related to Jim and his cues.
<hr /></blockquote>
Eric, I'm happy you like the cue and I hope you do well with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sometimes it seems like half of the cue making universe claims to have worked with Tim Scruggs at one time or another. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I would suggest that you contact Tim directly and ask him if Reeves worked with him. Tim is a very nice man and I'm sure he would answer your questions to the best of his ability.
http://www.timscruggs.com/

Wally_in_Cincy
09-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Red,

click here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=105716&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

Bob_in_Cincy
09-23-2004, 08:25 AM
Red,

After seeing &amp; hitting with a couple of his cues, I had him build one for me. I predict you're gonna like it. He's a great guy &amp; as you've already discovered, his prices are very competitive. It sounds as though yours is more elaborate than mine. I'd love to see some pics.

Regards,

Bob

RedHell
09-23-2004, 12:07 PM
OK guys the pics will come. I try to figure out a way to get them, cuz I don't habe a digital cam.

Thanks for the info and the suggestion, if anyone has more, keep them coming !!!

RedHell
09-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Hmmm, so it would be Guylassy and not Scruggs, intreserting !

RedHell
10-21-2004, 08:56 PM
OK I know it's been a while but better late than never I guess...

Here the pic of the cue:

The Jimmy Reeves... (http://pub14.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=1189136994&amp;album=19170)
As for the tournement I didn't do to good, I finnished 9-15. Not to bad considering I only slept 1 hour the previous night.... don's ask !!!

I'll be going again this sunday, I just hope I sleep more this time !

PQQLK9
10-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Nice looking cue RedHell.
Question?
If a fellow named Miles moved from the USA to Canada would he be called Kilometers ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedHell
10-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Nah, we would call him Mister, cuz with the current currency exchange he'd be rich !

pooltchr
10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
Eric,
Congratulations on the new cue! I'm sure you will get many years of pleasure with it.
Enjoy!!!
Steve