PDA

View Full Version : Good luck with a new break cue

ras314
09-22-2004, 08:15 PM
I purchased a sledgehammer break/jump cue from Babysproshop at the open. Mostly because I need all the help I can get on the brake and to save tip wear on my playing cue.

This thing definitely does help my break. Our bar tournament has a 9 ball on the break pot that rolls over until somebody makes it. Weather has been damp here which means the tables are real slow and nobody had made the 9 in some time. So this pot paid more than the tournament win. I had the 9 rolling towards the corner pocket several times before it finally went so it wasn't all luck.

What with the break pot and the tournament win the thing is already about 1/2 paid for. Now if I can just start running out when 2 or 3 balls go on the break....

Chris Cass
09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey Ras,

I loved the way it hit and thanks for letting me take advantage of it. I figured I owed you for all the time I shot with it. It was like I couldn't keep my paws off it. lol I don't know what the weight but, it hit really great.

I'm glad to hear you like it. The price was a plus as I've seen them go for more. I told Frank (Kato' friend) about it at the ccb tourney and he told me that he had gotten 10 others to buy one and he arranged a discount for them but other than that, I thought you walked away with a great price myself.

I especially liked the look of it. I hope my suggestion of where to break from for you was good. I think you'll eventually work your way to the headstring but with your stance and the way you break. You'd do well from the rail. Hope everything works out and you take off the break pot. BTW, the odds of making the nine in are kind of high so, it doesn't surprise me if when it is made. It will pay for the entire cue.

Regards,

C.C.

ras314
09-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Hi Chris,

Your suggestion to break with the cb back from the headstring works well for me on a 9 ft. Puts the distance from the rail close to what I am used to on the 7 ft bar boxes.

The weight is 18.1 oz. I told Mike anything from 18 to 18.5 oz and he swapped weight bolts in it while I was standing there. Think I miffed him a bit staring at his shafts looking for one with straight grain. LOL. May take the weight bolt out to see if lighter will work better for me.

Looks like a thick black plastic sleeve around the handle, wish I had asked how it is made.

Biggest problem is now I need a bigger case. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif