PDA

View Full Version : Kato and Softball

#### leonard
09-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I heard you like softball I just wanted to fill you in on poolplaying softball pitchers.

Cisero Murphy,Billy Costello of Kingston[ nineball player and father of Billy Costello the fighter] and myself all pitched fast pitch softball.

Billy pitched on a five man team, Cisero told me he pitched for a team in Brooklyn but being so modest he didn't go any farther. I won the Troy City league for the Bazooks Tavern which was just a good night for drinking.

I found it fascinating that poolplayers like spinning the softball. ####

SPetty
09-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I, too, was a fast pitch pitcher as a youngster! My brother pitched in high school and college, and my uncle was a major league pitcher!

WesK
09-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Damn.

#### leonard
09-24-2004, 06:19 AM
SPetty the greatest feat I ever saw in Fast Pitch was in the Watervliet NY Fast Pitch Tournament in the 60s, my spelling might be wrong because his name was announced.

Ted Klonowski from Conn pitched his team to the Title. In four 9 inning games he struck out 102 batters. He was 6ft 3 or 4 and a well built lefthander.

I had seen the King but some of his aura was done with illegal windups. Ted did none of that just smoke/riser and a change up that the batters would miss on their third strike and be walking to the dugout before the catcher caught the ball.####