PDA

View Full Version : If Osama is caught before Nov will that be bad?

eg8r
09-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Since the majority of what Kerry/Edwards/Heinz have said about the President has been less than stellar I wonder what they will say if Osama is caught prior to the election. Just yesterday Teresa made this comment... [ QUOTE ]
"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month," said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States and allied forces before election day. <hr /></blockquote> Now, just so the libs on this board do not get their panties in a wad, I completely understand your possible argument that this is twisting of the facts and Teresa never said he will be caught. However, the author of the article (http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2004/09/20/daily58.html) felt she was alluding to it. Maybe for some reason Teresa meant that he would just show up in the news, or there would be a spotting, who knows, but given the current events, it would not be too extraordinary to believe she meant him being caught.

Now with all that cleared up, do you think the Democrats will put a negative spin on this if he is caught? Could there possibly be something that they could find negative about him being caught? Timing coincidence? Who cares, at least he is in custody, right?

Oh yeah, in the article Teresa says she was "embarassed" to receive the tax cuts by Bush. Hmm, I guess she is not too embarassed, I have not read anything about her giving that money away? Sure she has charities that she gives to, but no mention of sending extra money equal to the amount that she received in tax cuts.

There is nothing wrong with her keeping the money, it was hers in the first place, but if she was truly embarassed to receive the tax cuts, then surely she would be at least equally embarassed to keep them.

eg8r

Qtec
09-24-2004, 05:29 AM
OBL will NEVER be brought to justice while GW is President.

"BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" [President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01]

...BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OSAMA "I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care. It's not that important." [President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

I think the families of the victims of 9/11 might disagree.

Q

pooltchr
09-24-2004, 06:22 AM
OBL isn't the problem. He is just the poster boy for the problem. There are thousands of others who pose as much if not a greater threat than OBL. That's what Bush was talking about. Capturing OBL isn't going to stop terrorism. Sure, it would be a small step in the right direction, but he is just one small man.

eg8r
09-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Hey Q, were you going to attempt to answer my question?

eg8r

crawdaddio
09-24-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> OBL isn't the problem. He is just the poster boy for the problem. There are thousands of others who pose as much if not a greater threat than OBL. That's what Bush was talking about. Capturing OBL isn't going to stop terrorism. Sure, it would be a small step in the right direction, but he is just one small man. <hr /></blockquote>

One small man that was responsible for the attack that started this war. Remember? 3000 people?

<hr /></blockquote>"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01 <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
"BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'" [President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01]
<hr /></blockquote>
[ QUOTE ]
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02) <hr /></blockquote>

There's a "flip-flop" for ya.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

~DC

pooltchr
09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>One small man that was responsible for the attack that started this war. Remember? 3000 people?<hr /></blockquote>

I remember only too well. But my point is that although he was behind that attack, his capture will not put an end to the threat. That threat is much bigger than one man. Right now he is hiding in a cave somewhere, and I think any threat he poses to us at the moment is reletively insignificant.

crawdaddio
09-24-2004, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>One small man that was responsible for the attack that started this war. Remember? 3000 people?<hr /></blockquote>

I remember only too well. But my point is that although he was behind that attack, his capture will not put an end to the threat. That threat is much bigger than one man. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree. But IMO, Bush and Co. used him and Afghanistan as a stepping stone. If he is really "a man of conviction" and "will follow through" (as has been stated by some as a reason for his re-election) with his war on terror, should'nt he have stuck to his shiny cowboy guns and went HARD after OBL? The MAIN GUY, the one ACTUALLY responsible for this horrible act that started us down this road? Alterior motives, "flip-flop", whatever you want to call it..........

Wally_in_Cincy
09-24-2004, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr>

...should'nt he have stuck to his shiny cowboy guns...

<hr /></blockquote>

It's obvious your logic has not been tainted by any emotions or preconceptions /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

crawdaddio
09-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey it's the cons and the reps that like that "bravado, cowboy, I'm gonna kick some terrorist a$$" ideal, not me. But of course, my opinions influence the way I write. The same goes for you and highsea, etc....It would be naive to say that ANYONE is completely 100% unbiased. That's what makes america great. Opinion, and the right to express it.

DC

Wally_in_Cincy
09-24-2004, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> Hey it's the cons and the reps that like that "bravado, cowboy, I'm gonna kick some terrorist a$$" ideal, not me.... <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Toby Keith:</font><hr>Well put a boot in your ass
It's the American way <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hondo
09-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Troops back from Iraq were sent to Germany for
training and are now being sent to Afganistan
to search for Osama. Hell, yes , Dubya's
opponents will raise cain about the timing as they
should.

highsea
09-27-2004, 11:14 AM
IF that happens, and I have my doubts, then of course the Dems will try to throw a negative spin on it. It wouldn't do them any good, but they'd still try.

But I don't think Dubya wants OBL in a US courtroom. It would be much better to dig him out from underneath a large pile of rubble.

And Hondo, I the additional troops being sent to Afghanistan are going to help secure the elections there, which are only two weeks away. They may stay on afterwards to join the forces already there, but that's not the primary reason they are being sent there at this time.

eg8r
09-28-2004, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, yes , Dubya's
opponents will raise cain about the timing as they
should. <hr /></blockquote> Why should they? What would timing have to do with anything? Isn't the capture of Osama the only real important issue?

eg8r

hondo
09-28-2004, 07:24 AM
I would agree if only George didn't have him tied
up in the back yard.