PDA

View Full Version : Poker Style Ring Game or Tournament

RichardCranium
09-24-2004, 08:46 AM
I am not sure how the ring games are being run, but I have an idea that would make it pretty darn exciting in my opinion.....and perhaps could capitalize on the poker craze that has taken off like a rocket on TV

If it is not already done like this they should allow a "raise" during each rack...

Here is how the format would go....The buy in could be whatever $ amount you want...Each player would get X amount of chips and the ante for each rack would progressivly increase...(just like a normal ring game) After each rack, the "breaker" would rotate...just like the "dealer" button moves around the table...(SO..even if you run out the rack the breaker is still whoever is next in the rotation)

Now instead of the ante being the only money in the pot, there should be some raises allowed. Each player must put in the "ante" for that round, but before the rack is broke, there should be a betting round. If a player wants to raise, all of the other raiser must match the pot, or re-raise....or they can fold and sit out that rack....(they lose thier ante).....Then.....after the break....(and remember, there are NO PUSH OUTS in a ring game) There is a nother betting round....Just like in poker a player can check or bet...The betting would start with the "breaker" and go in rotation....If a player bets, the other players must match the pot...or raise...Then the rack is played out in rotation with the player that called....(It could be a heads up rack or if all the players fold the better wins the rack and a new rack is set)

Obviusly there would be some stratigy to betting After the rack is broke based on the layout of the table...

And with a few raises the rack could be pretty pressure packed...........

With some TV editing to take out the meaningless racks...(Just like they edit out the boring hands in poker)...And it does not have to be winner take all...There could be a First, Second, Third....etc. And it does not have to be just 5 guys...It could be a full field of whatever # of players you want to start with (2500....WSOP???) There could be MINI qualifiers all around the country...World...etc...

Any thoughts on this format????? And who can we get to pitch this to the networks.....I would love to see this kind of format in ESPN]

It would REALLY test your Metal to run out that ONE rack for all your chips....

Pied Piper
09-25-2004, 07:00 AM
There was a pool hall out in my area that ran a tournie like that a month ago. It was a ten person 10 ball ring game. Winner breaks, with the antes and the like going up progressively. I never got a chance to watch it take of, but I heard that it was a hell of time, and the winnings were something to admire }=O)