PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas CCB update

Rip
05-15-2002, 07:15 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Barbara, Carol NYC, Spiderman, SPetty, CueChick, Fred Agnir and Chris Cass. Chris Cass finished 60'ish out of 42 billion players and had a tough draw. His first loss was to the eventual champion, Bobby Pickle. Chris will have to give me more weight now--plus, I think I have a hernia just from watching his break! AWESOME break! Cuechick also finished in the top 60 or so I believe. It's been fun spending time sweating matches and visiting with the CCB regulars and I'm sure they'll each have some interesting stories when they return to the board so I'll not steal their thunder. Just remember, if they happen to mention that Rip is a little crazy or anything similar--keep in mind--they are all lying, they're all drunk, they're all delusional due to dehydration, and too much buffet food! LOL! Seriously, it's been a blast and I now have a new best friend, Chris Cass' 9 year old son. Such a neat kid! A few of the CCBrs also brought their spouses and the Tall Award goes to Barbara's husband who is approximately 10 feet 4 inches tall! The BEST HUG award--Carol NYC of course! She truly has the energy of 6 people. A few of us are planning on watching Fran's 2:30 match today so I'll ramble no more. Actually I have to go tighten my truss (holy crap what a break Chris has!)

JimS
05-15-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks Rip! I've been wondering how CC was doing. Say howdy for me when you see them again and tell Chris I miss his emails!

He won't use that big break when he comes to the house. I think he's afraid he'll send a ball orbiting into the big screen TV but I've seen him break in tournaments and it's a sight to see. Kinda like Archer's break.

Awaiting stories about Rip and ready to believe everything I hear dispite your disclaimers!

Rich R.
05-15-2002, 07:48 AM
Rip, it seem like you and all the other CCB'rs are having a great time in Vegas.
I have to agree with you on the best hug award.
When I first met Carol and she hugged me, I was looking for a cigarrete. LMAO. And they have only gotten better since then.
Rich R.~~~quit smoking over 20 years ago.

Barbara
05-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Hey Rip! It was really great to meet you and Chris Cass!! I've only caught a couple posts since coming back and read what Fred posted about how we all showed up at his match. Just about all, I had to try and pinpoint Carol while Spiderman was playing to intro those two.

Okay, so Pete's a big guy. But I think Spiderman had longer legs than him, honest! And I can believe his claim to laying waste to buffets. Plus, he turned Pete onto digital cameras as Spiderman is secretly a "Gadget Boy", and Pete's now looking at an Olympus that Spiderman had in Vegas.

It was a great time!!

Barbara~~~trying to get over the "red eye" flight home...

SpiderMan
05-19-2002, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr>
When I first met Carol and she hugged me, I was looking for a cigarrete. LMAO. And they have only gotten better since then.
Rich R.~~~quit smoking over 20 years ago. <hr></blockquote>

No kidding! Doesn't it make you wish she had an unmarried twin sister?

SpiderMan

Rich R.
05-19-2002, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rich R.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
Rich R.~~~quit smoking over 20 years ago. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

No kidding! Doesn't it make you wish she had an unmarried twin sister?

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>
SpiderMan, I don't think the world is ready for two like Carol. LMAO. She definitely one of a kind. Rich R.

Nostroke
05-19-2002, 06:42 PM
Yup Caroline, Lara, Heather, Nicole, Liz, Andrea and Jennifer took it down

cuechick
05-20-2002, 10:40 AM
I am still in shock, it has not sunk in yet.... WE WON!! WOW!
I have to say I had a major omen and just had a feeling...(found a Hello Kitty doll dressed as a Bee!! trust me this was HUGE!)
I also have an amazing team and after losing our 1st match we pulled it together and never lost another. Jennifer (Baracuda) Barretta was my lead off player and she hit those teams like a rock winning close to 90% of her matches. We had 3 hill hill matches in a row in the play offs but with Liz Schwartzreich(remember that name) as our anchor I felt we could do it if we just got to that last match. Liz made a couple of perfect run outs and is without a doubt my choice for MVP.
But it is a total team effort without question and everyone contributed big time. Our team has great depth and a big heart. We all got a pep talk from Jeanette before the match which was very inspiring. Though I do not know if we could have done it without the support from Tony, Jon Smith, the Kid, Jeff Q.,Anthony, John Leyman, Helen, Mika, Charlie and all the others who came to cheer us on in that tough final against the Canadians. I can still hear the roar when Caroline sunk that amazing 8,000$$ 8-ball!!!
We are a lucky bunch of women!! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Doctor_D
05-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Good afternoon:

Congratulations and Kudos all around !!!

Dr. D.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2002, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cuechick:</font><hr> I also have an amazing team and after losing our 1st match we pulled it together and never lost another. <hr></blockquote>

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

It takes a lot of heart and a lot of talent to come out of the losers bracket and win the big one. Did I understand correctly that y'all lost your very FIRST match? If so then that's doubly amazing.

cuechick
05-20-2002, 07:06 PM
Actually Wally,
The Masters both men and women, play in a round robin rotation format for the 1st 2 days. They divided the teams into 4 groups, and you played every team in your group once. The 2 top teams from these four groups then played a double elimination playoff. I like this system because the cream really rises to the top. It is grueling though, and stamina and momentum are big factors... But losing the 1st match was a real challenge, the other team in our group (and our group was tough it included last years Open Champions)that made it also had just one loss...
I also want to thank all the CCB'ers I met esp SPEtty ! I still want that margarita!

SPetty
05-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Thanks, cuechick, you were awesome. I am so proud to know you. Cuechick did very well in the singles, and then marched right through the team events. She didn't even have time to take me to the In-and-Out burger. I'm betting she didn't even get to eat anything other than what they had in the pool room (old sandwiches, old hot dogs, old nachos). (Yeah, I know about the food because that's about all I had while there as well...)

Good job cuechick!

Holly
05-21-2002, 09:54 AM
Ka-pao,Lara, Heather, Nicole, Liz, Andrea and Ms. Barracuda (nice nickname!)

Great job ladies! We're not worthy, we're not worthy : )
See ya and again congratulations!

Holly