PDA

View Full Version : Cappelle's Play Your Best 8-Ball

Wally_in_Cincy
09-25-2004, 07:52 AM
I noticed an ad in IP for Cappelle's Play Your Best 8-Ball, coming soon. I'm surprised it took him so long /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.billiardspress.com/

Wally <~~ looking forward to reading it

PQQLK9
09-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Are you selling your Bobby Burdette(sp) tape? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-25-2004, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Are you selling your Bobby Burdette(sp) tape? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's the only tape I ever threw in the garbage /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
09-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Wally...There is a new book already out, called the 8-Ball Bible, by Robin Givens. Robin is a friend of mine, who has written an EXCELLENT book, geared exclusively towards the 7' barbox league and tournament player. This book has hundreds of diagrams and tons of very good information specific to playing 8-ball on small tables. This book has only been out 6 months, so not too many people know about it yet. An excellent book, I would recommend it to anyone who plays 8-ball on barboxes.

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
09-25-2004, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Wally...There is a new book already out, called the 8-Ball Bible, by Robin Givens. Robin is a friend of mine, who has written an EXCELLENT book, geared exclusively towards the 7' barbox league and tournament player. This book has hundreds of diagrams and tons of very good information specific to playing 8-ball on small tables. This book has only been out 6 months, so not too many people know about it yet. An excellent book, I would recommend it to anyone who plays 8-ball on barboxes.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah I knew about it.

http://www.8-ballbible.com/

I'll probably end up buying both.

thanks.

Candyman
09-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I saw her in Playboy! It does have some GREAT illustrations. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif HaHaHa

Wally_in_Cincy
09-25-2004, 11:17 AM
I wonder if she taught Mike Tyson how to play pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
09-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ummm...gee guys, Robin is ALSO a guy! Hmmmmm...I don't know about you two! LOL

Scott

cycopath
09-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Great instruction manual. Especially if you are a league 8 ball player. Reading this book could do anybody playing 8 ball a world of good.

It's a bargain at the $30 price. Really.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Robin Givens is an actress who was married to Mike Tyson years ago.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/jan_04/rgivens_150x200.jpg

She was on a tv show with Howard Hesseman after WKRP in Cincinnati was cancelled.

Don't feel bad Scott. I don't watch much tv either /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
09-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Wally...Ummmm, gee...and I THOUGHT I got out a lot! LOL
Now...who's that guy on the right, again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LMAO

Scott

Eric.
09-27-2004, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Robin Givens is an actress who was married to Mike Tyson years ago.

http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/News/jan_04/rgivens_150x200.jpg

She was on a tv show with Howard Hesseman after WKRP in Cincinnati was cancelled.

Don't feel bad Scott. I don't watch much tv either /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I still think it would have been hilarious if she took her married name of "Robbin'" Tyson. Which is what she did.

Eric

wolfdancer
09-27-2004, 05:55 PM
And Robin...is really Randy, right? At least that's what I knew him as.Used to write articles for "The Billiard News", or some publication, that preceded my arrival on the pool scene...I led a sheltered life, a "late bloomer" and now I'm a bloomin' idiot

Chris Cass
09-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Hi Wally,

Finally a few books that explain WHY and not just do this. Sounds like two good books out there that will bennifit the shooter that has trouble understanding why they must do things.

Regards,

C.C.

SpiderMan
09-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Scott,

I'm familiar with Phil Capelle, but not Robin Givens. What are his playing/writing credentials?

SpiderMan