PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Carter?

Christy9
09-25-2004, 10:52 PM
I haven't heard anything about Jeff Carter for several years. Does he still play?

cueball1950
09-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Christy.... i did a search thru both this board and az billiards cuz i thought that there was a post about him awhile back. but it appears that i cannot find it. i thought it mentioned that he was sick or something to that effect. so please don't hold me to it. as i am getting older and the mind don't remember so good.....lol......mike

woody_968
09-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Cueball you may have been thinking about this thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=155612&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=jeff%20carter&Match=And&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=155526&Search=true#Pos t155612) as that is the one that came to my mind, but it doesnt mention Jeff. I havent heard anything about him in a while.

dmgwalsh
09-26-2004, 05:15 AM
I think rukiddingme who posts on this board said she saw him at Sailor Stellman's in Racine several months ago and perhaps at the WPBA stop in Peoria. I'm going to see Sailor today. If I get a chance, I'll ask him.

JimS
09-26-2004, 05:48 AM
I saw Jeff in Burlington Ia at a Midwest 9 Ball Tour tournament a couple years back and he told me he was leaving Madison and going to Minnesota. No word since then.

Williebetmore
09-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I spoke at length with Jeff in June at the WPBA Peoria tournament. He seemed in good health. He is giving lessons from his home in Wisconsin (I believe near Geneva). If anyone is interested in lessons, I can PM them with Jeff's contact information.

09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Saw Jeff a weekend or so ago. He has a house in Delavan, WI (roughly 60 miles west of Lake Geneva), recently visited Europe both to teach and play money matches, and spends a lot of his time working construction in Wisconsin. He intends to start playing again as soon as layoffs, which are periodic in the construction industry, begin. In recent years, he's also studied both French and classical guitar playing. GF

SPetty
09-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey Deeman2,

FYI, that was George that just posted...

For others, Deeman was lamenting George's absence from the board and I told him that he does post every now and again, just under a different name than he used before.

Hey George, I thought and spoke of you a few weeks ago when I played Long Lonesome Highway by Michael Parks on my jukebox while playing some pool with Scott Lee! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Good grief, Pooh-Bah, you mean you actually SELECTED Michael Parks for your jukebox? Why not Foreigner? Or Journey? Or Boston? Or Kansas? (My secret theory is that all four are the same horrific band.)

Song was written by Tom Paxton, if memory serves, and was also the partial theme to "Then Came Bronson." Thanks for some very pleasant memories. GF

Wally_in_Cincy
10-06-2004, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 071838:</font><hr> ...Foreigner? Or Journey? Or Boston? Or Kansas? (My secret theory is that all four are the same horrific band.)...<hr /></blockquote>

You forgot your hometown clone Styx.

Oh the horror /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Didn't forget 'em, Wally; simply didn't want to stoop that low. That particular band is no clone of mine, and they're actually from the southwest suburbs. In fact, one of my favorite moments on "The Simpsons" was when Homer and his family had to serve a spell by The River Styx; the song "Lady of the Morning" begins, and Homer moans, "I'm truly in hell!" GF