PDA

View Full Version : the new/old way people dress

dvsmnstr
09-27-2004, 09:43 AM
hey guys, I was wondering what you like more and why..
the way the older classy guys used to dress in suits and play or the way they do now with tshirts?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2004, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> hey guys, I was wondering what you like more and why..
the way the older classy guys used to dress in suits and play or the way they do now with tshirts? <hr /></blockquote>

I would prefer something in between.

SPetty
09-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Like the "Tony Robles" look?

9 Ball Girl
09-27-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Like the "Tony Robles" look? <hr /></blockquote>Oh yeah. Like that.

Wendy~~~just got a personal flashback from the week of the Open.../ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chopstick
09-27-2004, 11:13 AM
I guess it depends on the t-shirt.

http://poil.ca/smx/photos/funny/wishthesewerebrains.jpg

irunrax
09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Whatever is comfortable for the player.

bsmutz
09-27-2004, 01:13 PM
It seemed to me that the players were a little more stiff in their suits trying to play in the old days. I can understand that they were trying to up the image. Nowadays, nobody even dresses up for church anymore. If God doesn't care what we wear, why should we? Whatever makes you comfortable. I do like the way I see current players dressing. They appear to me to be more relaxed and comfortable, especially on long reaches. I know I feel more comfortable in a loose shirt. I feel stiff and uncomfortable wearing a vest and tie without trying to play pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

trailboss
09-27-2004, 02:33 PM
The pros I see are dressed pretty nice, dress shirt, dress slacks and nice shoes. I would not expect them to play in a suit anymore than I would expect a pro golfer to play in a tux.

dg-in-centralpa
09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
If these were brains, she'd be scary.

DG

dg-in-centralpa
09-27-2004, 02:52 PM
I don't need to see them wearing suits and tuxes, but dressing nice isn't a bad idea.

DG

randyg
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
DRESS WELL-TEST WELL!....randyg

CarolNYC
09-29-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Like the "Tony Robles" look <hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah. Like that. <hr /></blockquote>

I second that,Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

catscradle
09-29-2004, 05:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> It seemed to me that the players were a little more stiff in their suits trying to play in the old days. I can understand that they were trying to up the image. Nowadays, nobody even dresses up for church anymore. If God doesn't care what we wear, why should we? Whatever makes you comfortable. I do like the way I see current players dressing. They appear to me to be more relaxed and comfortable, especially on long reaches. I know I feel more comfortable in a loose shirt. I feel stiff and uncomfortable wearing a vest and tie without trying to play pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You hit the nail on the head. Those were different times. Look at the old photos and film from that era of sporting events. People wore suits to go watch a ball game, they wore suits to go to a movie theater, they wore suits for Sunday dinner (my family didn't). Then was then, now is now. No player should have to wear any specific clothing, if it doesn't effect the play it should be allowed. Next thing you know it'll be a status thing to wear the latest Johnny Archer fashions and DCC will have a pool fashion show.
It isn't going to effect the image of pool no matter what poolplayers wear. Some guy is required to wear dress shoes, chinos, and a collared shirt, but has a tats running up and down his arms; the clothing is going to make a difference in the image, I don't think so.
JMHO.

catscradle
09-29-2004, 05:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> If these were brains, she'd be scary.

DG <hr /></blockquote>
If they were brains she wouldn't be wearing that t-shirt. ;-)

catscradle
09-29-2004, 05:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Like the "Tony Robles" look <hr /></blockquote>

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Oh yeah. Like that. <hr /></blockquote>

I second that,Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Girls, girls, girls, you're as bad as us guys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif