PDA

View Full Version : Dubya visits Hamiltucky area today

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Dubya is going to have huge rally of 30,000 to 50,000 people about 5 miles north of where I work this afternoon. (This area is more Republican than Orange County CA. I'm really not sure why) It's at the old Voice of America broadcast site which is now a park.

They have a huge area blocked off with dozens and dozens of dump trucks and trailers borrowed from local trucking cmpanies.

One of the guys that went to the Bengals game with our group yesterday was the West Chester Postmaster. He said the FBI had him secure all the public mailboxes around here so nobody could put a bomb in one.

I'm fairly certain the Prez will fly into Wright-Patterson in Dayton but maybe I'll get lucky and see some f-16's buzzing around here somewhere.

dg-in-centralpa
09-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Dick Cheney was in our area last week about 2 miles from where I live. The security around that area was phenominal.
I can't imagine how long it took to secure the area and figure out where everyone was to be, before Cheney arrived.

DG

Qtec
09-27-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He said the FBI had him secure all the public mailboxes around here so nobody could put a bomb in one.
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL. Now you know where all your tax dollars are being spent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2004, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Dick Cheney was in our area last week about 2 miles from where I live. The security around that area was phenominal.
I can't imagine how long it took to secure the area and figure out where everyone was to be, before Cheney arrived.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

They have been working on this one for almost a week.

50,000 showed up. They say that's a record for a political rally. I can't confirm that.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2004, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
He said the FBI had him secure all the public mailboxes around here so nobody could put a bomb in one.
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL. Now you know where all your tax dollars are being spent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

True, but a lot of the expenses are paid for by the campaign.

At least he's not over in Africa smoking cigars and playing the bongos like Slick Willie. How much did that trip cost? 30 million IIRC